Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: King's Court + Ghost Ship + Bishop + Bureaucrat = Lockdown  (Read 2821 times)

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
King's Court + Ghost Ship + Bishop + Bureaucrat = Lockdown
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

I had an Isotropic game today where I ruthlessly deployed the following strategy: Trim my deck to King's Court, King's Court, Bishop, Ghost Ship, Fodder $2/$3 Card. I then would go KC -> KC -> Ghost Ship -> Bishop (Trash fodder). This netted me 4 VPs per turn while my opponent was all but pinned. Later, I left this strategy to get a single Bureaucrat. I then would do the same thing, but play the Bureaucrat before the Ghost Ship, draw the 3 silver via the Ghost Ship and trash them all with Bishop. If I had realized this earlier, I could have pinned my opponent with 0-card hands if they had it. They draw 5 VP cards, they return 3 to the top of their deck from Bureaucrat and 2 from Ghost Ship. This never happened, but the game was still brutal. Credit to Honky for going the full 39 turns with me. The log is linked below, the chaos starts at 18 (4 cards combo) and 31 (5 card combo).
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201106/21/game-20110621-084051-ae92ecc7.html

Edit: The 0-card hand pin wouldn't work because I must play the Bureaucrat before the Ghost Ship. I imagine there is a way to get it to work, but I can't think of it now. Maybe a Dominion Strategy puzzle?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: King's Court + Ghost Ship + Bishop + Bureaucrat = Lockdown
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »

There is a similar pin using king's court, king's court, goons, and masquerade as your entire deck. The goons reduces the opponent to three cards in hand. When you play the king's court with masquerade you pass nothing to your opponent since you have no hand nor deck but your opponent still passes cards to you (that you trash). This eventually empties their entire deck and in the meantime they have no cards to play each turn.

I'd assume that your pinning combination is effectively a game winner but presumably an opponent could wriggle out of it since neither the bureaucrat nor ghost ship can reduce an opponent below 2 useful cards in hand. King's court and ghost ship in the opponent's hand would release your grip for a turn.

Julle

• Bishop
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 09:07:17 am »

What about this:
Your opponents has already bought 7 provinces and few duchies and estates just to tease you a bit. Then he gets a hand of 5 victory cards and you have just trimmed your deck down to KC, KC, Monument, Ghost ship and Bureaucrat. Then you lock him down and keep gaining tokens until you win with 1 point. I think this would be the most epic win ever.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 09:12:29 am »

What about this:
Your opponents has already bought 7 provinces and few duchies and estates just to tease you a bit. Then he gets a hand of 5 victory cards and you have just trimmed your deck down to KC, KC, Monument, Ghost ship and Bureaucrat. Then you lock him down and keep gaining tokens until you win with 1 point. I think this would be the most epic win ever.
How did you trim your deck down to that? None of those cards is a trasher. Also, are you assuming the Silver pile is empty by that stage?
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Julle

• Bishop
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:21:13 am »

How did you trim your deck down to that? None of those cards is a trasher. Also, are you assuming the Silver pile is empty by that stage?

That would be possible with islands and of course you should also empty the silver pile. Didn't say it would be easy ;)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:41:37 am »

What about this:
Opponent's Bishop can also help.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 09:47:22 am »

Of course, if you need the Silver pile empty your opponent can end the game by buying out Coppers and Curses but that's going to cost him 10 points and take a long time, by which I'd hope you'd overtaken him with your 3VP per turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.