Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Simpsons rant  (Read 2739 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Simpsons rant
« on: April 13, 2015, 08:47:44 am »
+3

Well apparently they are going to stop all Simpsons DVD releases.

Man, I'm pissed. I've been buying each and every seasons as it was released since 2001. I've been buying the special "molded head" collectors editions since they started doing that with season 6. I even bought the terrible release of season 20, though I've been greatly looking forward to the day that they would re-release it with all the same stuff that all other sets have had. All in all, probably well over $500 spent on it. All with the assumption that I'd have a complete collection some day.

On top of that, I've been looking forward to seeing more Simpsons as they came out. I'd seen the first 12 or so seasons before I got the DVDs, but for the last several seasons, there's been a mix of plenty of episodes I hadn't yet seen. Now I guess I'll have to find pirated stuff to actually get to watch the show. Yeah, so you can see the whole thing on that stupid FX app or whatever. I looked into that, it seems that you have to be paying for cable television or something to use it. Well screw that. I don't pay for cable television, you know why? Because I can watch the things I want by buying the DVDs!

Man this sucks.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Re: Simpsons rant
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:54 am »

I'm not a huge fan of Simpsons, but I feel you nontheless. Discontinuations suck.

Although if you have everything that was released you still have a complete collection of what was released.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:00:34 am »
+1

People still use DVDs?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:08:26 am »

Surely you can get them second hand?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:14:16 am »
+2

People still use DVDs?

Nope. Nothing beats the quality of magnetic tape.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 09:56:40 am »
+1

I think the point is that future seasons won't exist on DVD.  So second-hand copies are unlikely to be available either.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:15 am »

I think the point is that future seasons won't exist on DVD.  So second-hand copies are unlikely to be available either.

Right. It's not that they're discontinuing existing products. It's that they aren't going to ever make the product in the first place.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 01:34:42 pm »
+1

People still use DVDs?

People still watch The Simpsons?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 02:23:31 pm »
+1

Well this is disappointing. I only have Season 1 and have been procrastinating my purchase of the next twenty or so for when prices drop because of a bluray release.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 10:24:40 am »
+1

People still use DVDs?

I still purchase DVDs and CDs. There's something reassuring about having a physical copy of media. I could download it and then burn it onto disc myself, but it's also convenient to just be given a disc.

I haven't bought DVDs in a while. I have a few hundred, and they're fun and all, but I don't really watch them. I used to watch the shit out of shows or movies back in college. It was fairly common for me to say to someone, "Oh, you haven't seen City of Lost Children yet? Here, let me pop it in." Nowadays, I just don't do that for any movie (though Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog does get a lot of action), not even for myself.

I have not been collecting the Simpsons on DVD. Probably because I feel I got my fill of the show in the '90s when I taped every episode that came on—sometimes two or three times. I do have all of the Futurama on DVD, though.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 11:15:50 am »

People still use DVDs?

I still purchase DVDs and CDs. There's something reassuring about having a physical copy of media. I could download it and then burn it onto disc myself, but it's also convenient to just be given a disc.

I haven't bought DVDs in a while. I have a few hundred, and they're fun and all, but I don't really watch them. I used to watch the shit out of shows or movies back in college. It was fairly common for me to say to someone, "Oh, you haven't seen City of Lost Children yet? Here, let me pop it in." Nowadays, I just don't do that for any movie (though Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog does get a lot of action), not even for myself.

I have not been collecting the Simpsons on DVD. Probably because I feel I got my fill of the show in the '90s when I taped every episode that came on—sometimes two or three times. I do have all of the Futurama on DVD, though.

I occasionally purchase CDs as well. CD quality audio is super good. DVD quality video looks awful on a full-HD screen.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 11:37:25 am »
+1

I occasionally purchase CDs as well. CD quality audio is super good. DVD quality video looks awful on a full-HD screen.

Ah, so you're asking about buying DVDs versus Blu-Ray? I can agree with that. I just get lazy and refer to them all as DVDs. While there is a quality difference between DVD and Blu-Ray, they are functionally the same, so I group them in my head as DVDs. I just think of Blu-Rays as better DVDs.

It's not like changing functionality between VHS and DVD.
A man has no signature
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.