Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Champion and Teacher speculation  (Read 20065 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Champion and Teacher speculation
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 08:05:11 pm »

Especially for +buy or +$, by the time you reach your buy phase, it might be difficult to know which cards were giving what if you moved the tokens mid turn. With the start-of-turn reserve mechanic, the tokens don't move during your turn, so you just have to count how many cards of whatever kind you've played.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2015, 08:33:09 pm »

I think the reserve/start-of-turn thing has more to do with helping tracking and less to do with power.

What do you mean? What tracking issue could there be if you simply got the effect when you played teacher?

I play a few Pearl Divers, then Teacher (putting +$1 token on Pearl Diver), then a few more Pearl Divers.  Wait, how many of those Pearl Divers gave me money?

But actually, I think this is a small tracking issue.  You can easily keep a running tally, or just be a bit more ordered about how you put cards into your play area (e.g. all the Pearl Divers to the left of this Teacher gave no money, all the Divers to the right gave +$1).  I think the Reserve thing is to slow it down a bit but also to give you the chance to take advantage of the flexibility (e.g. my +1 action token is on Smithy, but I somehow drew a hand full of Woodcutters.  Maybe I will call Teacher to make my Woodcutters non-terminal).

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2015, 08:47:15 pm »
+1

Ok, I get it now. But it does seem a lot more minor than tracking which Pawns gave you money or which Stewards gave you money, etc. I mean, moving a token is going to be pretty rare I assume (you put it on the pile that it was best to put it on; you don't want to be moving it usually). Playing it mid-turn would be possible, but I wouldn't think it's much of a concern. Makin it a reserve simply lowers its power.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 07:09:27 am »
+1

Also, I assume the Bacon Cheeseburger thing is a reference to the upgrading - so I'd guess one of the upgrade routes was nicknamed something like Hambuger/Cheesburger/Bacon Cheeseburger/Bacon Double Cheeseburger (or maybe Royale with Cheese).

You're all very cute.

I was at Dairy Queen and they had a sign advertising their Bacon Cheeseburger. I thought to myself "wouldn't it be funny if there was a Dominion card called Bacon Cheeseburger?"
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +429
    • View Profile
Champion text
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2015, 10:21:05 am »

Champion: Action-Duration

+1 Action

For the rest of the game, when another player plays an Attack, it doesn't affect you, and when you play an Action, +1 Action.

Holy... ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 10:22:10 am by Elestan »

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +429
    • View Profile
Teacher text
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 10:25:06 am »

Teacher:  Action-Reserve

Put this on your Tavern mat
------
At the start of your turn, you may call this, to move your +1 Card, +1 Action, +1 Buy, or +1$ token to an Action Supply pile you have no tokens on.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.503 seconds with 20 queries.