Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 262152 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D4)
« Reply #2300 on: July 13, 2015, 11:29:27 am »

Chairs, why Ashersky? Isn't he confirmed town or at least pro-town right now?

He is confirmed non-town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 13, 2015, 11:31:02 am »

Vote Count 4.6

UmbrageOfSnow (1): 2.71828......
Awaclus (4): UmbrageOfSnow, A Drowned Kernel, mail-mi, chairs
ashersky (1): Delirious Deleuze

Not Voting (4): ashersky, Awaclus, Hydrad, hockeysemlan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 4 ends July 20 at 6 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 13, 2015, 11:34:12 am »

Okay, so I know why I'm up for voting ash (even if i can't quite put it into words), but maybe you can explain better than I can - why are you interested in lynching ash?

I believe awaclus. In response to SS he actually did just say that UoS was not town and I don't see why scum would include that random change and not continue bussing. In fact, he was right about UoS to a large degree (not being town, that is) which makes me feel better believing him here. Why would scum push so hard for a survivor lynch? Doesn't make sense. UoS was also able to corroborate the Ichi thing, so there's that, and that puts ash in a bad light.

I can't really explain all my thoughts here, but with PoE based on mail-mi and what just went down, I believe awaclus as being a third party (thereby I have to believe UoS) and so that leaves me with Ash, e, SS, and chairs.  With this new info, ash seems to be the scum.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 13, 2015, 11:36:41 am »

So...Awaclus lied a bunch, is what we're seeing?

Yes?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 13, 2015, 11:40:18 am »

So...Awaclus lied a bunch, is what we're seeing?

Yes?

Well also that UoS lied a bunch and possibly ash lied a bunch.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 13, 2015, 11:43:01 am »

So, ichi is confirmed non town (since he is dead). Now UoS , awaclus, and ashersky are all non town, but we don't know who is scum and who is third party.

I think?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2306 on: July 13, 2015, 11:45:55 am »

It's a long game, but I think everyone should go re-read now before we decide who to lynch and what to do tonight.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 13, 2015, 11:48:41 am »

vote: ashersky. I voted off ash to awaclus on the presumption that it wasn't possible he'd be the lynch, but he's definitely my preferred lynch.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 13, 2015, 11:53:40 am »

Vote: Ashersky

Off to rereading.
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 13, 2015, 11:57:55 am »

vote: awaclus

I think lynching awaclus works better than ashersky. Also, I don't have time to reread like I would want. Sorry, but work is super busy. This and other ongoing games will probably be my last for a while.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: July 13, 2015, 12:05:36 pm »

Also I say we autolynch UoS tomorrow unless he tells us his win con, because I am not going to let a survivor win without being able to ensure their win con is on my side.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: July 13, 2015, 12:22:59 pm »

I'm in favor of lynching any and all claimed non-towns. I'm also willing to lynch ash under the idea that even though awaclus keeps changing his story, it's entirely plausible he's throwing out information that he actually has to try and save his own skin.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:04 pm »

Also I say we autolynch UoS tomorrow unless he tells us his win con, because I am not going to let a survivor win without being able to ensure their win con is on my side.

It seems likely scum have a way to start QTs with non-town.  If I announce my wincon, scum can hold it over me as much as town can.  I'd rather not be in that bind, and frankly, town would rather not have me in that bind.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2313 on: July 13, 2015, 12:37:18 pm »

It seems likely scum have a way to start QTs with non-town.

How does that seem likely?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: July 13, 2015, 12:50:48 pm »

It seems likely scum have a way to start QTs with non-town.

How does that seem likely?

I think it could be possible, but then they'll do it anyway and just get all non townies on their side.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 13, 2015, 01:07:41 pm »

I think it could be possible, but then they'll do it anyway and just get all non townies on their side.

This is exactly what I was saying though.  If they have leverage, they can get all the non-town on their side.  The QT power could allow for blatant threats.

I can more easily win if scum don't have leverage over me.  In every game I will always play to my win condition.

If I think town is more likely to win, and I can help a town win in exchange for not being lynched while I do my thing, that's best for me and best for town.

If scum can guarantee my loss for going against them, and I think my chances to win with them are slim but non-zero, I will have to do everything in my power to help scum.

I'd rather maximize my winning chances (in every game ever).

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 13, 2015, 01:10:19 pm »

This is exactly what I was saying though.  If they have leverage, they can get all the non-town on their side.  The QT power could allow for blatant threats.

I can more easily win if scum don't have leverage over me.  In every game I will always play to my win condition.

If I think town is more likely to win, and I can help a town win in exchange for not being lynched while I do my thing, that's best for me and best for town.

If scum can guarantee my loss for going against them, and I think my chances to win with them are slim but non-zero, I will have to do everything in my power to help scum.

I'd rather maximize my winning chances (in every game ever).

My point is that they can make a QT now and just ask you/threaten you, and in that case they have a channel of communication with you and info we don't have. We can also play to your win con if you let us.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: July 13, 2015, 01:13:42 pm »

Because there's zero incentive if they just make a QT for you to not tell them your win con and have them help you. And we'll never know.

Unless awaclus wants to confirm that it's not really something that works like that?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 13, 2015, 01:24:15 pm »

There is a metric fucktonne (2 n's because metric) of incentive for me not to claim wincon to scum.

It's not in scum's best interest to night kill me even if I'm not helping them, I'm a source of chaos and distraction and town's reasonably likely to lynch me at some point anyway.  And sticks are more useful than carrots in this game I'm afraid.

Why would anyone help the losing team just because they ask nicely?  (Both scum and I are losing teams right now.)

Anyway, I'm not going to claim, that maximizes my winning chances.  And it maximizes yours too.

Awaclus has already admitted he can't see wincons, that's something he was lying about this whole time, as I've pointed out a bunch.  You've got some serious confirmation bias going on with regard to him by the way.

Anyway, have you used your third power yet?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2319 on: July 13, 2015, 01:28:43 pm »

Awaclus has already admitted he can't see wincons, that's something he was lying about this whole time, as I've pointed out a bunch.  You've got some serious confirmation bias going on with regard to him by the way.

I admitted that my power counts as targeting and didn't give me a result N1. I can see win cons, though; I absolutely have seen mail-mi's town win con.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 13, 2015, 01:37:07 pm »

survivors are cool. extremely cool. faust is the kind of player who may see how cool they are and construct a setup around them. that is to say, I believe all survivor claims. not as in, I'm really sure, but as in, I believe them. Lots of survivors are a neat setup idea, and that seems to be what's going on here.

@ DeDe / hockey : if you are survivor-masons, claim it now!
@ UoS: what if scum roleblocks you tonight?
@ Everyone voting ash: why are you voting ash? I think I missed something.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: July 13, 2015, 01:39:07 pm »

unfortunately, all of this stuff doesn't solve the mason dilemma, which is my biggest issue with the game right now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2322 on: July 13, 2015, 01:44:34 pm »

I'm not voting for him, but he's my preferred lynch for today because he's confirmed non-town and there are good reasons against lynching the other confirmed non-towns.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 13, 2015, 01:45:46 pm »

Scum because Awaclus said he was able to be invited to Ichi's neighborhood night 2.

I still think one of UoS or Awaclus needs to be lynched.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: July 13, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »

okay, I see now.

ashersky lynch is good ( I can't vote now though )

@UoS: I don't want you to claim anything about my role. Thanks for confirming that I'm not a SK though.

I do want to say this thoguh -- if I wouldn't be able to target anyone, that should, based on my knowledge, be due to X, and X would also cause you to not be able to vig Awaclus. Do you know what I am talking about and think you can kill Awaclus anyway? If you don't, your plan will probably not work.

Also, do you have my entire PM? If so also thanks for the other thing.

Thing is, I expect you're going to be roleblocked, so the whole plan is kind of eh.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.321 seconds with 21 queries.