Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 262147 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D4)
« Reply #2275 on: July 13, 2015, 08:56:50 am »

So I'll vig Awaclus tonight, and I'm 90% sure I'll hit scum if I'm not roleblocked.

SS, I am not crazy, I have a guess that would be crazy in any other game but I think makes sense here.  I think I may have more luck than you, but if not, I take the consequences, and they don't transfer back to you when you regain your powers tomorrow.

If we lynch Awaclus today, I'll shoot whoever town votes on, or whoever the IC tells me to, but I'd like to claim the details of the vig power before then if that's what we're doing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2276 on: July 13, 2015, 09:05:55 am »

I am not town, I'm a 3rd party.  I won't claim my win condition, but I know Awaclus is lying because it's not a scum wincon.  I can win with town or scum, but I'm not willing to say more than that.

I admit that I have not been telling the entire truth here (mainly because I thought that it would be even harder to believe than what I claimed). However, everything I said here:

why would you lynch you? I'd rather lynch awaclus, I'm pretty sure he's lying about stuff.

About what stuff?

I'd rather not say

you can reiterate everything you claimed, if you want, that might help in case I messed something up, but unlikely, and otherwise I think I'll try to get you lynched today.

I am Lorne, an Aura-reading Karaoke Bar Host. This means that every day, I can invite up to three people to my karaoke bar, and they can choose to accept or refuse the invitations. For the following night, a QT will be created for me and everyone who accepted (apparently, a QT won't be created if nobody accepts, but I did not claim this previously). That night, no player in the QT can target another player in the QT, but I can read someone in there which tells me their win con. I am also 1-shot lynchproof (the shot was, obviously, used up already). I also had an item called The Amulet, which turns its holder into a bomb if he's town, returns to its previous owner if the one holding it is town and attacked by a killing action, and can be used to resurrect the last player who used it. I'm neither Vampire-aligned or Town-aligned, and I win when I'm alive when the game ends (regardless of any other players that might be alive in addition). I'm a demon. Mail-mi is town. UoS is not.

was actually true, because of two key differences between this and what I claimed earlier; here, I didn't say that my power doesn't count as targeting (it actually does, and I don't have a result from N1 presumably because of the hockeyprotection), and I didn't say that I know UoS's alignment (because I only knew that he was not town for sure).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: July 13, 2015, 09:08:36 am »

So...Awaclus lied a bunch, is what we're seeing?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2278 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:32 am »

So, the thing is, I was actually in a QT with Ichi. He had an ability to target a player, and he would neighborize that player for that night if and only if the player was non-town. He was also 1-shot bulletproof. N1, he targeted WW and got into a QT with him. N2, he targeted ashersky and got into a QT with him.

Also, Ichi posted anonymously in those QTs, but contrary to what he said in there, he wasn't actually required to do so. He also wasn't required to capitalize random words in the middle of his sentences.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:31 am »

I'm not even sure what's going on here any more. vote: awaclus
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #2280 on: July 13, 2015, 09:24:47 am »

And what was my win con?

You don't know what your own win con is?  :P

I can't quote the exact win con because it's moderator-supplied information, but you win with the Vampires.

This is starting to feel like a fake claim to me.  Why wouldn't you have brought this up when we first started discussing this?

It's absolutely not a fake claim. I didn't bring it up because I thought it didn't matter.

You can quote fairly close and just change a word or two. Go ahead. I don't believe you.
You win when the majority of remaining players are Vampire-aligned, or nothing can stop that from happening.

What does this help though? You wouldn't know what the Vampire win con is anyway, and even if I was scum, I could just look up my own win con and paste that.

And you are 100% claiming that nothing can redirect or otherwise affect your role?
I am 100% claiming that the role doesn't count as "targeting". That's all I know about it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2281 on: July 13, 2015, 09:25:16 am »

Oh and he also had the ability to travel into future nights and busdrive people if the Mutari switch is turned on. We have no idea what the Mutari switch is though, and he didn't use the ability.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #2282 on: July 13, 2015, 09:27:54 am »

And what was my win con?

You don't know what your own win con is?  :P

I can't quote the exact win con because it's moderator-supplied information, but you win with the Vampires.

This is starting to feel like a fake claim to me.  Why wouldn't you have brought this up when we first started discussing this?

It's absolutely not a fake claim. I didn't bring it up because I thought it didn't matter.

You can quote fairly close and just change a word or two. Go ahead. I don't believe you.
You win when the majority of remaining players are Vampire-aligned, or nothing can stop that from happening.

What does this help though? You wouldn't know what the Vampire win con is anyway, and even if I was scum, I could just look up my own win con and paste that.

And you are 100% claiming that nothing can redirect or otherwise affect your role?
I am 100% claiming that the role doesn't count as "targeting". That's all I know about it.

Yeah. That's why it's the key difference between what I claimed earlier and what I wrote in the post in response to silverspawn.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:55 am »

So, the thing is, I was actually in a QT with Ichi. He had an ability to target a player, and he would neighborize that player for that night if and only if the player was non-town. He was also 1-shot bulletproof. N1, he targeted WW and got into a QT with him. N2, he targeted ashersky and got into a QT with him.

Also, Ichi posted anonymously in those QTs, but contrary to what he said in there, he wasn't actually required to do so. He also wasn't required to capitalize random words in the middle of his sentences.

The QT thing is true anyway, I think WW talked about this on Day 2 at some point.  (Although up until this point I didn't know it was Ichi.  Still don't actually.)

The question is how Awaclus got into a QT so early if Ichi targetted WW Night 1.  And why Ichi spilled all of this to Awaclus.  He was pretty damn cagey with WW.

I can see that as a scum power though.  Contacting the 3rd parties and having a way to chat with them to get them to go along with scum plans in exchange for helping with their wincons.  That's not what the anonymous stranger did Night 1 though.

Scum have a neighborizing non-town power seems a hell of a lot more likely to me than Ichi spilling all this to 3rd party Awaclus.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 13, 2015, 09:34:37 am »

Holy frell.

That's a lot of changed game plan.

vote: ashersky based on this data, I think.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2285 on: July 13, 2015, 09:35:02 am »

The question is how Awaclus got into a QT so early if Ichi targetted WW Night 1.

We were in a QT since the beginning of the game.

And why Ichi spilled all of this to Awaclus.

Because it was beneficial for us to cooperate. That's why we had the QT in the first place.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 13, 2015, 09:41:36 am »

Holy frell.

That's a lot of changed game plan.

vote: ashersky based on this data, I think.

I actually think you guys should be lynching Awaclus based on his new claim here.  If I'm right about him being scum, Ash could be a town doctor, and this way there's no chance for redirection.

I'll use the vig however ADK wants me to if we do that.  But if we lynch Ash or someone, I'll vig Awaclus.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:15 am »

And Farscape was a great show.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 13, 2015, 09:44:13 am »

I'll use the vig however ADK wants me to if we do that.  But if we lynch Ash or someone, I'll vig Awaclus.

Except Hydrad's the IC, so Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2289 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:11 am »

Why should we lynch me? My claim regarding UoS was true, he even confirmed it himself. I merely changed a couple of little details in order to make it more credible earlier, but I already had to backpedal from those when silverspawn claimed to have contradicted my power.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 13, 2015, 10:03:40 am »

Vote Count 4.5

UmbrageOfSnow (2): Delirious Deleuze, 2.71828......
Awaclus (2): UmbrageOfSnow, A Drowned Kernel
ashersky (1): chairs

Not Voting (5): ashersky, Awaclus, mail-mi, Hydrad, hockeysemlan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 4 ends July 20 at 6 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 13, 2015, 10:08:28 am »

Why should we lynch me? My claim regarding UoS was true, he even confirmed it himself. I merely changed a couple of little details in order to make it more credible earlier, but I already had to backpedal from those when silverspawn claimed to have contradicted my power.

Because this new power makes a lot more sense from scum than from Survivor.  Especially the part where you and Ichi are a team but are labelled as 3rd parties

I don't think that was Ichi's power.  What do you think DeDe?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2292 on: July 13, 2015, 10:17:48 am »

Because this new power makes a lot more sense from scum than from Survivor.  Especially the part where you and Ichi are a team but are labelled as 3rd parties

I don't think that was Ichi's power.  What do you think DeDe?

Ichi was not a survivor, though. He could only win with town if the Mutari switch was off.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 13, 2015, 10:55:49 am »

..Wooow..

(this game is so cool, Faust)

I really like to lynch a 3d-party today..

Chairs, why Ashersky? Isn't he confirmed town or at least pro-town right now?
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:16 am »

I really like to lynch a 3d-party today..

This. We're being asked to believe that this game has three survivors. I call bullshit and would lynch either or both.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:53 am »

I don't really know how to quantify/explain it, but with the new information we've gotten, that's my gut reaction.

I'd still be willing to vote for awaclus or uos, or maybe lynch awa and UOS vigs ash?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 13, 2015, 11:04:18 am »

Lord Ruler this game is complex. (Great job Faust!)

I'm willing to vote: Awaclus from this.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 13, 2015, 11:22:25 am »

vote: awaclus.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:08 am »

Vote: Ash. I'd say big awaclus tonight then lunch UoS tomorrow.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 13, 2015, 11:28:32 am »

Okay, so I know why I'm up for voting ash (even if i can't quite put it into words), but maybe you can explain better than I can - why are you interested in lynching ash?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.151 seconds with 20 queries.