Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261951 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D4)
« Reply #2250 on: July 12, 2015, 06:00:34 pm »

I used my power for today. I won't say on who since that would be counterproductive.

I'll let you tell me who I should be inviting, then, unless that's also counterproductive.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: July 12, 2015, 06:06:35 pm »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: July 12, 2015, 06:11:12 pm »

I'm fine with it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: July 12, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »

Let's see what would happen if we left silverspawn out though.

UoS is scum -> 10 people alive, presumably one of them is scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty trustworthy me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills 2 suspicious people other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 5 are more or less confirmed non-scum, one is silverspawn, and one can be copped by me. Then, either the last scum was killed by silverspawn already, or I copped him and we can lynch him tomorrow for the win. This is great.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves us with 8 people alive and we can lynch him tomorrow for the win. This is also great. Or he kills 2 suspicious people, and he outs himself as scum again because he's the only remaining non-IC. Or he doesn't kill anyone and claims to have been roleblocked. This is also great, because we can move to D5 with one dead scum and no dead townies.

UoS is town -> 10 people alive, presumably two of them are scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty suspicious me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills me and another suspicious person other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 4 are confirmed town, one is silverspawn, and the remaining two are the scum. Then you can afford to make a leap of faith and lynch the remaining scum for the win in two days, which sucks for me because I already got vigged in this scenario, but it's great for town.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves us with 8 people alive, out of which 3 are ICs, one is silverspawn, one is a pretty suspicious me, one is the remaining scum, and two more are unconfirmed townies. We can lynch silverspawn, which leaves us with 6 people alive, out of which two are ICs, one is a pretty suspicious me, one is the remaining scum and two more are unconfirmed townies. Mail-mi and DeDe are probably dead and I'm not very trustworthy, which means we lose our investigative abilities. You would probably lynch me D6, which leaves you with 4 people alive, out of which one is scum, one is an IC and two are unconfirmed townies. That's not great, but it's not completely awful for town either. I typed up the possibilities for him killing suspicious townies or pretending to be roleblocked, but then I deleted them because those scenarios are so much better for town that scum!silverspawn wouldn't do either of those things.

For completeness's sake, here's also the hypothetical scenarios where I'm scum:

UoS is town -> 10 people alive, presumably two of them are scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty suspicious me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills me and another suspicious person other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 4 are confirmed town, one is silverspawn, and one of the remaining two is scum. You can randomly lynch one of them -> 5 people alive, you can lynch the other one for the win.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves you with 8 people alive, out of which 3 are ICs, one is silverspawn, one is a pretty suspicious me, and three more are unconfirmed townies. We can lynch silverspawn, which leaves us with 6 people alive, out of which two are ICs, one is a pretty suspicious me and three are unconfirmed town. Mail-mi and DeDe are probably dead and I'm not very trustworthy, which means we lose our investigative abilities. You would probably lynch me D6 for the win. Or silverspawn can kill two suspicious people, leaving us with 8 people alive; 5 ICs, 1 unconfirmed town, 1 silverspawn and 1 pretty suspicious me. mail-mi can confirm the remaining town, and then you can lynch silverspawn and me. Or silverspawn can pretend to be roleblocked, which leaves us with 10 people alive; 5 ICs, 3 unconfirmed town, 1 silverspawn and 1 suspicious me. mail-mi can confirm one remaining town, and then you can lynch me, and then you can have mail-mi confirm the remaining two town with the help of chairs and ashersky, and then you can lynch silverspawn.

As long as one out of me and UoS is scum, doing this results in an autowin for town. The worst case scenario is that UoS is town, and I'm also telling the truth, and then town ends up in a 3-vs-1 MyLo with one IC. I'd say we do this.

You have some assumptions here that...are odd given this game.  Like, they make sense, but this game.

A lot of this is where you think "scum kills an IC" at night.  Because they haven't.  At all.  Right?  The nightkills are odd and weird and completely nonsensical if the "ICs" in this game are actually town.

I mean, we've got Chairs who doubles stuff, mail-mi the Oracle, two masons, a "confirmed" town dayvig...these are all supposedly helping us POE the scum, and yet...scum doesn't kill any of them?

For all we know, it's EgorK, DD, hockey, mail-mi scum team.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: July 12, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

Let's see what would happen if we left silverspawn out though.

UoS is scum -> 10 people alive, presumably one of them is scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty trustworthy me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills 2 suspicious people other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 5 are more or less confirmed non-scum, one is silverspawn, and one can be copped by me. Then, either the last scum was killed by silverspawn already, or I copped him and we can lynch him tomorrow for the win. This is great.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves us with 8 people alive and we can lynch him tomorrow for the win. This is also great. Or he kills 2 suspicious people, and he outs himself as scum again because he's the only remaining non-IC. Or he doesn't kill anyone and claims to have been roleblocked. This is also great, because we can move to D5 with one dead scum and no dead townies.

Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills me and another suspicious person other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 4 are confirmed town, one is silverspawn, and the remaining two are the scum. Then you can afford to make a leap of faith and lynch the remaining scum for the win in two days, which sucks for me because I already got vigged in this scenario, but it's great for town.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves us with 8 people alive, out of which 3 are ICs, one is silverspawn, one is a pretty suspicious me, one is the remaining scum, and two more are unconfirmed townies. We can lynch silverspawn, which leaves us with 6 people alive, out of which two are ICs, one is a pretty suspicious me, one is the remaining scum and two more are unconfirmed townies. Mail-mi and DeDe are probably dead and I'm not very trustworthy, which means we lose our investigative abilities. You would probably lynch me D6, which leaves you with 4 people alive, out of which one is scum, one is an IC and two are unconfirmed townies. That's not great, but it's not completely awful for town either. I typed up the possibilities for him killing suspicious townies or pretending to be roleblocked, but then I deleted them because those scenarios are so much better for town that scum!silverspawn wouldn't do either of those things.

For completeness's sake, here's also the hypothetical scenarios where I'm scum:

Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills me and another suspicious person other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 4 are confirmed town, one is silverspawn, and one of the remaining two is scum. You can randomly lynch one of them -> 5 people alive, you can lynch the other one for the win.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves you with 8 people alive, out of which 3 are ICs, one is silverspawn, one is a pretty suspicious me, and three more are unconfirmed townies. We can lynch silverspawn, which leaves us with 6 people alive, out of which two are ICs, one is a pretty suspicious me and three are unconfirmed town. Mail-mi and DeDe are probably dead and I'm not very trustworthy, which means we lose our investigative abilities. You would probably lynch me D6 for the win. Or silverspawn can kill two suspicious people, leaving us with 8 people alive; 5 ICs, 1 unconfirmed town, 1 silverspawn and 1 pretty suspicious me. mail-mi can confirm the remaining town, and then you can lynch silverspawn and me. Or silverspawn can pretend to be roleblocked, which leaves us with 10 people alive; 5 ICs, 3 unconfirmed town, 1 silverspawn and 1 suspicious me. mail-mi can confirm one remaining town, and then you can lynch me, and then you can have mail-mi confirm the remaining two town with the help of chairs and ashersky, and then you can lynch silverspawn.

As long as one out of me and UoS is scum, doing this results in an autowin for town. The worst case scenario is that UoS is town, and I'm also telling the truth, and then town ends up in a 3-vs-1 MyLo with one IC. I'd say we do this.

You have some assumptions here that...are odd given this game.  Like, they make sense, but this game.

A lot of this is where you think "scum kills an IC" at night.  Because they haven't.  At all.  Right?  The nightkills are odd and weird and completely nonsensical if the "ICs" in this game are actually town.

I mean, we've got Chairs who doubles stuff, mail-mi the Oracle, two masons, a "confirmed" town dayvig...these are all supposedly helping us POE the scum, and yet...scum doesn't kill any of them?

For all we know, it's EgorK, DD, hockey, mail-mi scum team.

See but if mail-mi is scum, so is ADK and also UoS is pretty assured of hockey and me being town.

There are some assumptions but this plan is still the best plan there is yet. Of course nothing is for sure, but this is a better idea than anyone else's.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: July 12, 2015, 06:21:19 pm »

I'm for lynching one of our masons (or mail-mi) if UoS flips town.

if he flips scum, though, it can't really be a mason scum team anymore, since that would result in too many scum. Which is why lynching UoS is so good.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: July 12, 2015, 07:45:06 pm »

if he flips scum, though, it can't really be a mason scum team anymore, since that would result in too many scum. Which is why lynching UoS is so good.

Could it just be that mail-mi is scum, confirming town claims because he knows/assumes they aren't scum?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: July 12, 2015, 07:47:24 pm »

Could it just be that mail-mi is scum, confirming town claims because he knows/assumes they aren't scum?

It is a great way to get cred.  He has only confirmed things that have already been claimed.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: July 12, 2015, 08:19:11 pm »

It is a great way to get cred.  He has only confirmed things that have already been claimed.

Um, that's because that's the only thing I can do.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: July 12, 2015, 08:24:35 pm »

Um, that's because that's the only thing I can do.

Not really.  You could have asked "Is there a Serial Killer?" and told us that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: July 12, 2015, 08:29:31 pm »

Okay, true. And why does me not asking that and instead trying to confirm members of town as town make me scum?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: July 12, 2015, 08:57:00 pm »

Oh , I got the item. It "protects" me from all actions of demons who aren't vampires

So I'm going to have to give it away soon.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: July 12, 2015, 09:12:14 pm »

Okay, true. And why does me not asking that and instead trying to confirm members of town as town make me scum?

It doesn't "make" you scum.  It just means you could definitely BE scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: July 12, 2015, 09:12:48 pm »

Oh , I got the item. It "protects" me from all actions of demons who aren't vampires

So I'm going to have to give it away soon.

Another wrench in the Caritas plan.

Actually, seems like a good thing, unless we assume there's vampire scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2264 on: July 12, 2015, 09:22:37 pm »

No, it is not. He just needs to give it to someone I'm not inviting.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: July 12, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »

No, it is not. He just needs to give it to someone I'm not inviting.

The point is, if we want him protected, he's better off with the orb.  But the orb counters your power (probably with good reason).

I'm saying there are a lot of mechanics-related reasons your plan stinks.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2266 on: July 12, 2015, 09:44:07 pm »

The point is, if we want him protected, he's better off with the orb.

The main point is to protect him from you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2267 on: July 12, 2015, 09:45:39 pm »

Also, could chairs tell me who to invite already? I kind of want to go to sleep and I'm not going to wake up before the day action window is closed.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2268 on: July 12, 2015, 10:54:35 pm »

I can't really keep myself awake any longer so I invited DeDe, ashersky and e. Mail-mi should keep the item.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:37 pm »

I can't really keep myself awake any longer so I invited DeDe, ashersky and e. Mail-mi should keep the item.

How did you conclude to invite 3 people whose arrangement was never talked about?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: July 13, 2015, 03:33:25 am »

Vote Count 4.4

UmbrageOfSnow (3): chairs, Delirious Deleuze, 2.71828......
Awaclus (1): UmbrageOfSnow

Not Voting (6): ashersky, A Drowned Kernel, Awaclus, mail-mi, Hydrad, hockeysemlan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 4 ends July 20 at 6 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: July 13, 2015, 05:08:43 am »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2272 on: July 13, 2015, 05:10:59 am »

How did you conclude to invite 3 people whose arrangement was never talked about?

I couldn't invite mail-me because he still had the item. I couldn't invite silverspawn because it wouldn't have been very good to protect the other people in the karaoke bar from him, especially if chairs doubled him. It was 6am, I was extremely tired, and apparently the only one who was willing to discuss the plan was ashersky who had nothing useful to say. And that still doesn't look like an awful choice to me.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: July 13, 2015, 08:37:26 am »

So who's ready for this game to get even more confusing?  ;D

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:41 am »

I'm not even here!  :(

Faust didn't make an error, you're not there because I took your vote away.

Weirdly, that's not the important part of this power.

I am not town, I'm a 3rd party.  I won't claim my win condition, but I know Awaclus is lying because it's not a scum wincon.  I can win with town or scum, but I'm not willing to say more than that.

Ash is absolutely right, any 3rd party is going to screw town over to fulfil their own win condition.  But my attempt to screw you over is actually helping you!  (And I'm being dead serious here, not being selling ice to polar bears.)

I have a power that takes away a player's vote and power for the rest of the day and the following night and allows me to use one of their powers that night.  So I control the vig shot tonight.  The Plan™ only works with me alive to the night at least.

And here's where I was screwing you over.  Except SS couldn't have vigged anyone tonight!  And I've asked Faust and I can.  So the plan works if and only if we don't lynch me today.

I won't claim anything about his powers other than they do not look like the powers of a Serial Killer.  They look like town powers.  But maybe I should claim why I think SS couldn't vig kill?  (Up to you, SS)
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.667 seconds with 20 queries.