Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 262049 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D4)
« Reply #2225 on: July 12, 2015, 03:09:54 pm »

These are to me the people who have not been confirmed town for me.

1. 2.71828.....
    2. chairs
3. UmbrageOfSnow
4. silverspawn
5. ashersky
6. Awaclus

Scum has to be on this list. ADK was cleared by mail-mi, who corroborates hockey and me. I'm taking them off my list. I moved chairs over because I have a strong town read on him, but no hard evidence on that. Still don't foresee him as scum.

If UoS flips town, then Awaclus is definitely scum and there's a partner out there between e, ash, and SS (or possibly two partners) and possibly chairs (but again I don't think so).

If UoS flips town, then Awaclus is probably survivor , which leaves the possible 1-2 partners as ash, e, SS, and again chairs (though unlikely).

That said, I think chairs is the least scummy, followed by e, then SS, then ash.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 12, 2015, 03:10:25 pm »

Oh and which of those are girls?

I know me, hockey, Awaclus, ADK are all guys.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 12, 2015, 03:11:25 pm »

1. 2.71828.....
2. Hydrad (Xander Harris, the Town-aligned Sarcastic Sidekick) (lynched D1) (revived D4)
3. chairs
6. Witherweaver replaced by UmbrageOfSnow
7. silverspawn
8. ashersky
9. hockeysemlan
11. A Drowned Kernel
12. Awaclus
14. Delirious Deleuze
15. mail-mi

I mean, here's the players left.

If we believe claims, we've got DD (mason), hockey (mason), mail-I'm (oracle who confirms masons), chairs (doubles powers, chose town), me (resurrected town publicly when unnecessary), ADK (1-shot dayvig) and possibly SS (night vig) as most likely town.  That's cray-cray.

So, ss could be scum covering or SK.  ADK could have been scum with one day shot.  Masons could be lying.  Lots of possibilities.  It just seems like no one is considering them very seriously and is just focused on Survivor vs. UoS.

Ashersky brings up some very good points here.

Of the "most likely town" people I am most wary of ADK.  masons, mail-mi, chairs, Ashersky all make sense as town.  ADK claimed his shot, used it, is now "powerless."  With all the redirection and craziness going on (as well as lack of NK N1), I could totally see ADK having more to his power than claimed.  I kind of dropped going after him, but have never been completely satisfied that he is town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 12, 2015, 03:12:30 pm »

I know me, hockey, Awaclus, ADK are all guys.

I am a guy
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 12, 2015, 03:12:57 pm »

1. 2.71828.....
    2. chairs
3. UmbrageOfSnow
4. silverspawn
5. ashersky
6. Awaclus

Scum has to be on this list. ADK was cleared by mail-mi, who corroborates hockey and me. I'm taking them off my list. I moved chairs over because I have a strong town read on him, but no hard evidence on that. Still don't foresee him as scum.

If UoS flips town, then Awaclus is definitely scum and there's a partner out there between e, ash, and SS (or possibly two partners) and possibly chairs (but again I don't think so).

If UoS flips town, then Awaclus is probably survivor , which leaves the possible 1-2 partners as ash, e, SS, and again chairs (though unlikely).

That said, I think chairs is the least scummy, followed by e, then SS, then ash.

I think you meant scum for that second one

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: July 12, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »

We had no kill N1...

that townslip!

but yeah, that makes a SK even less likely.

I'm female, as stated.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 12, 2015, 03:14:28 pm »

1. 2.71828.....
2. Hydrad (Xander Harris, the Town-aligned Sarcastic Sidekick) (lynched D1) (revived D4)
3. chairs
6. Witherweaver replaced by UmbrageOfSnow
7. silverspawn
8. ashersky
9. hockeysemlan
11. A Drowned Kernel
12. Awaclus
14. Delirious Deleuze
15. mail-mi

I mean, here's the players left.

If we believe claims, we've got DD (mason), hockey (mason), mail-I'm (oracle who confirms masons), chairs (doubles powers, chose town), me (resurrected town publicly when unnecessary), ADK (1-shot dayvig) and possibly SS (night vig) as most likely town.  That's cray-cray.

So, ss could be scum covering or SK.  ADK could have been scum with one day shot.  Masons could be lying.  Lots of possibilities.  It just seems like no one is considering them very seriously and is just focused on Survivor vs. UoS.

Ashersky brings up some very good points here.

Of the "most likely town" people I am most wary of ADK.  masons, mail-mi, chairs, Ashersky all make sense as town.  ADK claimed his shot, used it, is now "powerless."  With all the redirection and craziness going on (as well as lack of NK N1), I could totally see ADK having more to his power than claimed.  I kind of dropped going after him, but have never been completely satisfied that he is town.

The problem is he's confirmed by mail-mi. There's is a town day vig, and unless someone else claims otherwise (this has been the case for about 2 days), then ADK is town.

1. 2.71828.....
    2. chairs
3. UmbrageOfSnow
4. silverspawn
5. ashersky
6. Awaclus

I think you meant scum for that second one

Yep thanks!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: July 12, 2015, 03:14:51 pm »

We had no kill N1...

no silverspawn, you got it wrong.  That is actually DD saying that "we" (scum) couldn't kill people N1.  So it is a scumslip for him, not a townslip for you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: July 12, 2015, 03:16:03 pm »

We had no kill N1...

no silverspawn, you got it wrong.  That is actually DD saying that "we" (scum) couldn't kill people N1.  So it is a scumslip for him, not a townslip for you.

why can't it be both?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: July 12, 2015, 03:17:50 pm »

We had no kill N1...

Gosh darn it the jig is up

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: July 12, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »

I'm pretty sure a SK doesn't exist in this setup.

Any reason beyond your claim to be a vig?

you haven't been following the game much, have you?

What I mean is, do you have anything to point to to argue that there wouldn't be a SK beside your own knowledge that you're not one, which we have to take your word for at the moment.

oh - I totally misunderstood what you were saying, sorry.

no, not really. I mean, we had 1 kill N1, 2 kills N2 with one of them being my doing, and 0 kills N3 - that doesn't look like a Sk. Granted, it's not a proof, but I'm willing to bet on it if it can clear me.

I think the powers messing with mafias nightkill is likely to mess with the SK as well. At least for N1, what happened N3 I don't really know. And for that matter, I don't really know how an SK should think in terms of likely targets.. It's weird we have had so few kills, but not too weird for an SK to be unlikely.

As for now we more have the problem that we have no likely scum-players at all..
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: July 12, 2015, 03:35:06 pm »

What I mean is, do you have anything to point to to argue that there wouldn't be a SK beside your own knowledge that you're not one, which we have to take your word for at the moment.

no, not really. I mean, we had 1 kill N1, 2 kills N2 with one of them being my doing, and 0 kills N3 - that doesn't look like a Sk. Granted, it's not a proof, but I'm willing to bet on it if it can clear me.

As for now we more have the problem that we have no likely scum-players at all..

What? We have some very likely scum players (see Awaclus/UoS, see the list of possible scum)

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 12, 2015, 03:42:56 pm »

What? We have some very likely scum players (see Awaclus/UoS, see the list of possible scum)

Alright, alright.. It was an exaggeration because I'm confused at the moment. You can switch it to "everyone is likely to be scum" instead, well, except you and me..

Unvote

The plan isn't happening today, eh? I'm rather not voting for a while then.

No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 12, 2015, 03:50:43 pm »

If you want to clear it up, I'd suggest to have mail-mi ask about the existence of a SK with his oracle power. Like, does a third party role exist which has a night action that can directly kill people. or something like that. Think of a clever wording.

I mean, before he asked if there was a town role that could kill people in the day; asking if there's a town role that can kill people in the night would pretty decisively determine your alignment, right?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2239 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »

Unvote

The plan isn't happening today, eh? I'm rather not voting for a while then.

There is no particular reason why the plan couldn't happen today. With the resurrection of Hydrad, we could even chairsdouble silverspawn and use the vig for PoE-based pseudo-investigative purposes and it should work out.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:53 pm »

If you want to clear it up, I'd suggest to have mail-mi ask about the existence of a SK with his oracle power. Like, does a third party role exist which has a night action that can directly kill people. or something like that. Think of a clever wording.

I mean, before he asked if there was a town role that could kill people in the day; asking if there's a town role that can kill people in the night would pretty decisively determine your alignment, right?

if there are no other vigs, then yes.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: July 12, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »

if there are no other vigs, then yes.

And since two days have gone by without someone claiming day vig (which town would do) I can I infer that ADK is town

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: July 12, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

right

okay, time to get things moving.

vote: UoS

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2243 on: July 12, 2015, 04:36:43 pm »

If we want to get things moving, can't we discuss what to do with chairs and the karaoke bar instead? There's plenty of time for voting later, but there's only so much time before the day action window closes.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: July 12, 2015, 04:42:29 pm »

If we want to get things moving, can't we discuss what to do with chairs and the karaoke bar instead? There's plenty of time for voting later, but there's only so much time before the day action window closes.

I'd say you, ash, SS, and mail-mi?

Use chairs on SS and vig two people?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: July 12, 2015, 04:42:49 pm »

No that doesn't seem very great

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2246 on: July 12, 2015, 05:05:00 pm »

I'd say you, ash, SS, and mail-mi?

Use chairs on SS and vig two people?

Well, the problem with that is that if we want to protect mail-mi from suspicious people, we'll also protect suspicious people from silverspawn which isn't very good. If we leave silverspawn out, scum!silver can cause a lot of problems with his power doubled.

Can't we unroleblock mail-mi somehow?  :'(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2247 on: July 12, 2015, 05:06:07 pm »

Changing DeDe's gender would be great too.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2248 on: July 12, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »

Let's see what would happen if we left silverspawn out though.

UoS is scum -> 10 people alive, presumably one of them is scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty trustworthy me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills 2 suspicious people other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 5 are more or less confirmed non-scum, one is silverspawn, and one can be copped by me. Then, either the last scum was killed by silverspawn already, or I copped him and we can lynch him tomorrow for the win. This is great.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves us with 8 people alive and we can lynch him tomorrow for the win. This is also great. Or he kills 2 suspicious people, and he outs himself as scum again because he's the only remaining non-IC. Or he doesn't kill anyone and claims to have been roleblocked. This is also great, because we can move to D5 with one dead scum and no dead townies.

UoS is town -> 10 people alive, presumably two of them are scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty suspicious me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills me and another suspicious person other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 4 are confirmed town, one is silverspawn, and the remaining two are the scum. Then you can afford to make a leap of faith and lynch the remaining scum for the win in two days, which sucks for me because I already got vigged in this scenario, but it's great for town.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves us with 8 people alive, out of which 3 are ICs, one is silverspawn, one is a pretty suspicious me, one is the remaining scum, and two more are unconfirmed townies. We can lynch silverspawn, which leaves us with 6 people alive, out of which two are ICs, one is a pretty suspicious me, one is the remaining scum and two more are unconfirmed townies. Mail-mi and DeDe are probably dead and I'm not very trustworthy, which means we lose our investigative abilities. You would probably lynch me D6, which leaves you with 4 people alive, out of which one is scum, one is an IC and two are unconfirmed townies. That's not great, but it's not completely awful for town either. I typed up the possibilities for him killing suspicious townies or pretending to be roleblocked, but then I deleted them because those scenarios are so much better for town that scum!silverspawn wouldn't do either of those things.

For completeness's sake, here's also the hypothetical scenarios where I'm scum:

UoS is town -> 10 people alive, presumably two of them are scum, 5 are ICs and one is pretty suspicious me.
Silverspawn is town -> silverspawn kills me and another suspicious person other than himself, scum kills an IC, leaving us with 7 people alive, out of which 4 are confirmed town, one is silverspawn, and one of the remaining two is scum. You can randomly lynch one of them -> 5 people alive, you can lynch the other one for the win.
Silverspawn is scum -> silverspawn kills 2 ICs and outs himself as scum. This leaves you with 8 people alive, out of which 3 are ICs, one is silverspawn, one is a pretty suspicious me, and three more are unconfirmed townies. We can lynch silverspawn, which leaves us with 6 people alive, out of which two are ICs, one is a pretty suspicious me and three are unconfirmed town. Mail-mi and DeDe are probably dead and I'm not very trustworthy, which means we lose our investigative abilities. You would probably lynch me D6 for the win. Or silverspawn can kill two suspicious people, leaving us with 8 people alive; 5 ICs, 1 unconfirmed town, 1 silverspawn and 1 pretty suspicious me. mail-mi can confirm the remaining town, and then you can lynch silverspawn and me. Or silverspawn can pretend to be roleblocked, which leaves us with 10 people alive; 5 ICs, 3 unconfirmed town, 1 silverspawn and 1 suspicious me. mail-mi can confirm one remaining town, and then you can lynch me, and then you can have mail-mi confirm the remaining two town with the help of chairs and ashersky, and then you can lynch silverspawn.

As long as one out of me and UoS is scum, doing this results in an autowin for town. The worst case scenario is that UoS is town, and I'm also telling the truth, and then town ends up in a 3-vs-1 MyLo with one IC. I'd say we do this.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: July 12, 2015, 05:57:26 pm »

I used my power for today. I won't say on who since that would be counterproductive.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.214 seconds with 20 queries.