Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261734 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #2000 on: July 07, 2015, 04:39:58 pm »

Why? There's no action window and nothing were waiting on. He's not going to die so we don't need him to post reads and of he does die he will flip scum or survivor and it still won't matter.

Let's say he really is lynchproof, and we actually have a vig left and someone vigs me during the night.  I want to finish my read.

What why would a vig shoot you?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 07, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »

"I will hammer myself" is the ultimate scum tell.

vote: awaclus
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 07, 2015, 04:52:00 pm »

"I will hammer myself" is the ultimate scum tell.

vote: awaclus

Wait. You said the same thing and also tried to get yourself lynched. What?

Also you just hammered.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 07, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »

Like why did you hammer? You were afraid he'd do it himself? You're afraid people would change their votes? Hammering was scummy in this close of a umbridge vs awa

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 07, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »

And like I get that hammering is less important because the majority gets the lynch... But in that case why hammer? The only possibility is that people would change their votes... That's the only reason to hanmer

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 07, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »

Well awaclus last thought before you don't die? Or maybe do die but probably not?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2006 on: July 07, 2015, 05:03:02 pm »

And like I get that hammering is less important because the majority gets the lynch... But in that case why hammer? The only possibility is that people would change their votes... That's the only reason to hanmer

He finally got an opportunity to protect his scum partner from getting lynched today, of course he would take it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2007 on: July 07, 2015, 05:03:28 pm »

Well awaclus last thought before you don't die? Or maybe do die but probably not?

You'd better not lynch me again tomorrow.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 07, 2015, 05:04:57 pm »

I mean I wanted umbridge. Doesn't matter now. Thoughts anyway?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 07, 2015, 05:05:56 pm »

Since the lynch is assured, I'm assuming this means you do have lynchproof. Let's discuss before the thread lock

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:52 pm »

Because I don't see a reason for you to keep talking or lying after you'd be dead for sure... So I'm just assuming you were right and being honest like I thought

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:29 pm »

For all the reasons I've been arguing.  Plus, I haven't hammered in awhile.  Plus, it's pretty clear what we need to do tonight.  Plus, even if we are wrong and he is lynchproof, we now how much more leverage on him to ensure he actually does what we want.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 07, 2015, 05:09:14 pm »

For all the reasons I've been arguing.  Plus, I haven't hammered in awhile.  Plus, it's pretty clear what we need to do tonight.  Plus, even if we are wrong and he is lynchproof, we now how much more leverage on him to ensure he actually does what we want.
This doesn't explain why'd you'd hammer. He was already being lynched... Why hammer? After umbridge said wait so he could reread and he was afraid of being vigged (because he's scum). Why hammer?! It makes no sense as town unless you wanted to make sure people couldn't change your votes.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 07, 2015, 05:16:05 pm »

Not so much afraid of being vigged as it's a possibility and we have nothing to lose.  Sorry I haven't been focussed on mafia all day or I'd have already been done.

I am nearly certain Awaclus is scum.  I'm pretty sure he's not really lynchproof.  But if he's a lynchproof serial killer or something, the right play is probably to lynch me tomorrow.  But because that's not the right thought, if he's lynchproof and we have a vig, and that vig is scumreading me, their best play is to vig me.

Given that, I see a minor benefit from dragging the day out another couple hours, and no real downside.  But it's not that likely a scenario.

Also, stop calling me Umbridge.  I don't mind Umbrage, UoS, Snow, whatever, 90% of things, but I don't like being compared to a poorly-written Harry Potter character.  (Seriously, round characters are a thing J.K., even among villians)

Also, also, how are you so confident in your bad reads?  Like when I was a spectator I was sure Ash was right about you and Hockey being the scum-claiming-masons thing.  Having seen most of your PM, I don't believe that anymore, I think you're basically conftown, but you need to adjust your tunnel vision in this game seriously.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 07, 2015, 05:22:56 pm »

the right play is probably to lynch me tomorrow.  But because that's not the right thought, if he's lynchproof and we have a vig, and that vig is scumreading me, their best play is to vig me.

I don't know what the hell happened to this sentence, but what I was trying to say is that tomorrow, no thought goes into voting for me if Awaclus lives and is telling the truth, so if a potential vig thinks I'm scum, vigging me would save town trouble.  And when I flip town that gives an extra day to sort out the confusion where Awaclus tries to claim his power is different than he said.  Or whatever.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 07, 2015, 05:23:20 pm »

This doesn't explain why'd you'd hammer. He was already being lynched... Why hammer? After umbridge said wait so he could reread and he was afraid of being vigged (because he's scum). Why hammer?! It makes no sense as town unless you wanted to make sure people couldn't change your votes.

It wasn't a sure thing, technically, as I could have made it a tie with UoS.

Of course changing votes is a thing.  People do it.

We still have a bit before Faust gets here.  This was the right move.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 07, 2015, 05:24:06 pm »

Not so much afraid of being vigged as it's a possibility and we have nothing to lose.  Sorry I haven't been focussed on mafia all day or I'd have already been done.

I am nearly certain Awaclus is scum.  I'm pretty sure he's not really lynchproof.  But if he's a lynchproof serial killer or something, the right play is probably to lynch me tomorrow. But because that's not the right thought, if he's lynchproof and we have a vig, and that vig is scumreading me, their best play is to vig me.

Given that, I see a minor benefit from dragging the day out another couple hours, and no real downside.  But it's not that likely a scenario.

Also, stop calling me Umbridge.  I don't mind Umbrage, UoS, Snow, whatever, 90% of things, but I don't like being compared to a poorly-written Harry Potter character.  (Seriously, round characters are a thing J.K., even among villians)

Also, also, how are you so confident in your bad reads?  Like when I was a spectator I was sure Ash was right about you and Hockey being the scum-claiming-masons thing.  Having seen most of your PM, I don't believe that anymore, I think you're basically conftown, but you need to adjust your tunnel vision in this game seriously.

Lol

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #2017 on: July 07, 2015, 05:34:47 pm »

Ok. I have some power I do not want to divulge much yet, but among other things it provided me with info that ADK is not a demon and that this power could not be rolestopped. I am still not fully sure if it would be stopped by hockey power, but I do not believe faust will answer such a direct question. So if all correct ADK is not Angel

Vote: ADK

I don't blame Egor for this vote, and am pretty sure this is town, but there's obviously a lot going on in this game role-wise. You've got wrong information.

I don't know what thoughts on ADK are, but this interaction makes me think it's incredibly unlikely Egor and ADK are scumbuddies.  Not that ADK's Day 1 claim makes much sense from scum anyway, but if this comes up in the future we should remember this.  Egor was claiming an unlikely power as a sort of gambit move at the time (or that's my reading of it) and trying to claim a false guilty on your partner makes little sense as a busing strategy.   ADK didn't have any particular pressure on him.  If this was a scumteam plan it would have made a lot more sense for ADK to claim a faked guilty on Egor if they were going for that sort of gambit, because Egor was under a lot of suspicion and ADK was not.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #2018 on: July 07, 2015, 05:43:36 pm »

Ok. I have some power I do not want to divulge much yet, but among other things it provided me with info that ADK is not a demon and that this power could not be rolestopped. I am still not fully sure if it would be stopped by hockey power, but I do not believe faust will answer such a direct question. So if all correct ADK is not Angel

Vote: ADK

I don't blame Egor for this vote, and am pretty sure this is town, but there's obviously a lot going on in this game role-wise. You've got wrong information.

I don't know what thoughts on ADK are, but this interaction makes me think it's incredibly unlikely Egor and ADK are scumbuddies.  Not that ADK's Day 1 claim makes much sense from scum anyway, but if this comes up in the future we should remember this.  Egor was claiming an unlikely power as a sort of gambit move at the time (or that's my reading of it) and trying to claim a false guilty on your partner makes little sense as a busing strategy.   ADK didn't have any particular pressure on him.  If this was a scumteam plan it would have made a lot more sense for ADK to claim a faked guilty on Egor if they were going for that sort of gambit, because Egor was under a lot of suspicion and ADK was not.

I think that mail-mi confirming ADK as town also makes it incredibly unlikely.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 07, 2015, 05:45:11 pm »

See, we can agree on something!

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 07, 2015, 05:45:37 pm »

Awaclus, so you had lynchproof right? Since you're the confirmed lynch now

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 07, 2015, 05:49:38 pm »

I assume since you keep talking that yes

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2022 on: July 07, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »

Yes.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 07, 2015, 05:57:22 pm »

Yes.

Thought so

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 07, 2015, 05:59:27 pm »

What exactly was the point of that exchange?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.117 seconds with 21 queries.