Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261290 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #1975 on: July 06, 2015, 05:15:09 pm »

I mean, I believe you that you made the decision in a hurry.  No reason to doubt the real-world part.  But If you were really intent on crumbing your role, why lie about this in the QT?

And why go out of your way to say it was arbitrary.  What I'm getting at is that if your logic really was to grab suspicious people (which I think we agree is the correct play with your claimed power), the known-to-the-rest-of-us abilities of the bar already endorse that approach.  There's no reason to hide it.

So you either hid it, or it didn't occur to you yet.  My reading of your posts on this is that it didn't occur to you because you made up your power after this point.  Obviously you will disagree.  It's more interesting what other players think.

My intention was not to leave a breadcrumb that anyone could figure out on their own, I intended to leave a breadcrumb that I could point out myself later. I lied because I didn't realize the protection part was already a reason to invite suspicious people. I think this mostly just shows that I was thinking of the copping as the important thing and the protection as a side effect.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1976 on: July 06, 2015, 05:24:33 pm »

If what Awaclus just posted is true, you'd think there would be something in the QT he could point to today that SS and Mail-mi would be able to agree looks like a crumb when pointed out in retrospect...

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 06, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »

1. Why would scum choose to redirect Lekkit? Especially when multiple other people claimed powers (I claimed watcher, mail-mi claimed). Why take the risk as scum? This doesn't seem probable, especially since they knew mail-mi had an extra power from chairs.

Don't know if this ever got talked about after this (I'm still mid-read) but wanted to single it out as something to think about, especially tomorrow.  This is a point in favor of the proposed universal psychotrooper theory.  Did this ever get explained?

Even if it did I don't see why it would matter. If awaclus is right, his result wouldn't really be psychotroopable since it's just win cons coming back. If he's lying then it's irrelevant.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: July 06, 2015, 05:45:45 pm »

I mean, I believe you that you made the decision in a hurry.  No reason to doubt the real-world part.  But If you were really intent on crumbing your role, why lie about this in the QT?

And why go out of your way to say it was arbitrary.  What I'm getting at is that if your logic really was to grab suspicious people (which I think we agree is the correct play with your claimed power), the known-to-the-rest-of-us abilities of the bar already endorse that approach.  There's no reason to hide it.

So you either hid it, or it didn't occur to you yet.  My reading of your posts on this is that it didn't occur to you because you made up your power after this point.  Obviously you will disagree.  It's more interesting what other players think.

My intention was not to leave a breadcrumb that anyone could figure out on their own, I intended to leave a breadcrumb that I could point out myself later. I lied because I didn't realize the protection part was already a reason to invite suspicious people. I think this mostly just shows that I was thinking of the copping as the important thing and the protection as a side effect.

This is also known as "laying the groundwork for a fake claim in the future."
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1979 on: July 06, 2015, 05:56:30 pm »

This is also known as "laying the groundwork for a fake claim in the future."

Well, what do you think an Aura-reading Karaoke Bar Host does if not this?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: July 06, 2015, 06:06:49 pm »

Hey mail-mi, what was the question specifically that you asked about with awaclus?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:23 pm »

1. Why would scum choose to redirect Lekkit? Especially when multiple other people claimed powers (I claimed watcher, mail-mi claimed). Why take the risk as scum? This doesn't seem probable, especially since they knew mail-mi had an extra power from chairs.

Don't know if this ever got talked about after this (I'm still mid-read) but wanted to single it out as something to think about, especially tomorrow.  This is a point in favor of the proposed universal psychotrooper theory.  Did this ever get explained?

Even if it did I don't see why it would matter. If awaclus is right, his result wouldn't really be psychotroopable since it's just win cons coming back. If he's lying then it's irrelevant.

I didn't point that out in any reference to Awaclus' claimed result.  I pointed it out toward trying to solve the setup.  Awaclus is the one who only posts things to avoid being the lynch at all costs.  Despite being lynchproof.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 07, 2015, 03:06:59 am »

Vote Count 3.8

Awaclus (4): A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828...., UmbrageOfSnow, hockeysemlan
UmbrageOfSnow (5): chairs, mail-mi, Awaclus, Delirious Deleuze, silverspawn

Not Voting (1): ashersky

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends July 8 at 1 pm forum time. That's in 32 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 07, 2015, 03:23:19 am »

Ashersky, why are you not voting?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 07, 2015, 03:27:29 am »

Also, sorry I haven't been working too hard over here.  I just really don't know how to convince people to lynch non-town people I guess.  I mean, UoS and Ashersky are both making points against Awaclus that I would copy. 

Especially without the utility of his little karaoke bar tonight, there should be no issues with removing one layer of lynch-proof.  Or just lynching scum, which I think he could very well turn out to be.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 07, 2015, 07:21:35 am »

Ashersky, why are you not voting?

We have 32 hours to figure it out.  I'm taking that time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 07, 2015, 01:54:33 pm »

Also, sorry I haven't been working too hard over here.  I just really don't know how to convince people to lynch non-town people I guess.  I mean, UoS and Ashersky are both making points against Awaclus that I would copy. 

Especially without the utility of his little karaoke bar tonight, there should be no issues with removing one layer of lynch-proof.  Or just lynching scum, which I think he could very well turn out to be.

Except the utility will be there tomorrow and without any info from the lunch and a dead townie tonight were in a bad spot

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 07, 2015, 02:01:59 pm »

Except the utility will be there tomorrow and without any info from the lunch and a dead townie tonight were in a bad spot

There's a ton of info from the lynch.  If we lynch Awaclus and he dies, we know he was a liar (and in that situation was almost certainly scum.)

If we lynch Awaclus and he is alive, we know that at least he wasn't lying about that power.  I'm pretty sure he is lying about that power based on his reactions.  So it would do a lot to clear up reads of Awaclus if nothing else.

Are you just never going to lynch people who claim unlynchable?  Because I really hope I get to play scum in my next game with you.

We've already used 2 vig shots, how many vigs do you think town got?  Maybe there's one more, but I'm not holding my breath.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 07, 2015, 02:06:08 pm »

Put another way, you have a 50% chance, from your POV, of mislynching town when you lynch me.  You have a 0% chance of mislynching if you lynch Awaclus.  If he's telling the truth, it's like a no-lynch, but you make it harder for Awaclus to later betray town if he somehow really is a survivor.  If he's lying about being lynchproof, he's basically got to be scum.

The problem with a no-lynch is that it doesn't make people take a stand and that it has a 0% chance of killing scum, while giving them a kill.  But lynching Awaclus doesn't have a 0% chance of killing scum.  And it makes people take a stand, and it provides info.

If you lynch Awaclus, then me if he's lynchproof, even without any other result or information, that's still better than lynching me now, because removing the chance that he's lying about being lynchproof reduces the odds of him lying about being a survivor from where you're standing.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 07, 2015, 02:24:11 pm »

UOS has me convinced that even if he's scum, this makes sense. vote: awaclus.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 07, 2015, 02:33:58 pm »

Also, I really want to finish my reads of Day 2, so can we hold off on ending the day even if you agree with me.  Today's been a bit busy but I believe I'll have finished reading Day 2 by a few hours from now.  Then I'll be off for the night.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1991 on: July 07, 2015, 03:41:55 pm »

If you lynch Awaclus, then me if he's lynchproof

So we're lynching you tomorrow then?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 07, 2015, 03:45:22 pm »

If you're really lynchproof, sure let's go ahead and lynch me tomorrow.  Because I think you're absolutely lying about being lynchproof.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1993 on: July 07, 2015, 03:48:05 pm »

If you're really lynchproof, sure let's go ahead and lynch me tomorrow.  Because I think you're absolutely lying about being lynchproof.

Well, in that case, I intend to hammer.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 07, 2015, 03:56:58 pm »

Eh I still don't believe umbridge and do believe awaclus. But whatever, go ahead and hammer.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: July 07, 2015, 04:05:10 pm »

Can you hold off at least a couple hours please.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 07, 2015, 04:15:22 pm »

And I will be shocked as hell if Awaclus actually goes through on lynching himself.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 07, 2015, 04:15:40 pm »

Can you hold off at least a couple hours please.

Why? There's no action window and nothing were waiting on. He's not going to die so we don't need him to post reads and of he does die he will flip scum or survivor and it still won't matter.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 07, 2015, 04:18:39 pm »

And I will be shocked as hell if Awaclus actually goes through on lynching himself.

Why if he has lynchproof and already was the top choice he'd do it just to prove it and because why not? And if he doesn't, well he's going to die anyway and there's no reason to fight. We have a day before the lynch goes down anyway.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 07, 2015, 04:33:12 pm »

Why? There's no action window and nothing were waiting on. He's not going to die so we don't need him to post reads and of he does die he will flip scum or survivor and it still won't matter.

Let's say he really is lynchproof, and we actually have a vig left and someone vigs me during the night.  I want to finish my read.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107  All

Page created in 1.674 seconds with 20 queries.