Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 262044 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1950 on: July 05, 2015, 11:25:54 pm »

If lynching you does nothing, Awaclus, that seems like the absolutely safest thing, no?  It guarantees no mislynch, it allows for plans and stuff to work overnight, and we get rid of your dangerous lynchproof.

That...is a very very good point.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 05, 2015, 11:26:15 pm »

Super behind here. I'm also interested in lynching e, I'm still interested in lynching Awaclus, I feel like a UoS lynch should still be on the table based on WW's play but I'll go back and read what he's posted in the interim at some point soon.

Did you get my message?

No.

Well, that basically confirms it then.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 06, 2015, 12:25:31 am »

If lynching you does nothing, Awaclus, that seems like the absolutely safest thing, no?  It guarantees no mislynch, it allows for plans and stuff to work overnight, and we get rid of your dangerous lynchproof.

If by safest thing you mean losing a lynch and also letting scum kill a townie, then yes very safe.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 06, 2015, 12:26:50 am »

If by safest thing you mean losing a lynch and also letting scum kill a townie, then yes very safe.

Also a very good point. I'll have to think about htis.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 06, 2015, 12:54:23 am »

By safest thing I mean a 100% guarantee that we do not mislynch a townie, and plenty of opportunity for all sorts of things to happen at night.  There's no guarantee a townie dies at night.  And it's possible scum or third-party does, if we're lucky.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 06, 2015, 03:53:23 am »

By safest thing I mean a 100% guarantee that we do not mislynch a townie, and plenty of opportunity for all sorts of things to happen at night.  There's no guarantee a townie dies at night.  And it's possible scum or third-party does, if we're lucky.

Also, wasn't the plan supposed to be able to work with like 3 extra nights to spare?  I mean, seriously, what good reason is there not to lynch Awaclus.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 06, 2015, 03:57:33 am »

Vote Count 3.7

Awaclus (4): A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828...., UmbrageOfSnow, hockeysemlan
2.71828..... (1): silverspawn
UmbrageOfSnow (4): chairs, mail-mi, Awaclus, Delirious Deleuze

Not Voting (1): ashersky

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends July 8 at 1 pm forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1957 on: July 06, 2015, 05:27:38 am »

No. It guarantees no new information, and losing my lynchproof is absolutely not beneficial for town because then you're more likely to want to lynch me again, which is even worse than a waste of a lynch because I have a strong pro-town PR.

Also, wasn't the plan supposed to be able to work with like 3 extra nights to spare?  I mean, seriously, what good reason is there not to lynch Awaclus.

The good reason to not lynch me is that the plan is able to work with like 3 extra nights to spare. You can use two of them on me later if it doesn't work out otherwise.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 06, 2015, 11:31:56 am »

can't we really not wait until tomorrow, and if he's still alive, lynch him then?

Who's going to kill him?

Scum won't, because they can always use him later.

Are you going to shoot him?

I wish I could! I shouldn't have shot lekkit  :-[

but there might still be other vigs out there, who don't want to and shouldn't claim.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 06, 2015, 12:37:35 pm »

can't we really not wait until tomorrow, and if he's still alive, lynch him then?

Who's going to kill him?

Scum won't, because they can always use him later.

Are you going to shoot him?

I wish I could! I shouldn't have shot lekkit  :-[

but there might still be other vigs out there, who don't want to and shouldn't claim.

Shooting lekkit was bad and you should feel bad.. still bothers me quite a bit.. 

What's bothering me about the whole awa-thing is that we can't move on. This day has been quite inproductive imho, even though town have a quite good grip around this game thus far. We should be more offensive I feel, but we're stuck on Awa/UoS and can't even talk about other options it seems.. It suits scum pretty well..

I don't really know what to do here.. can we please lynch awa and just start (more or less) fresh next day?
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1960 on: July 06, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »

What's bothering me about the whole awa-thing is that we can't move on. This day has been quite inproductive imho, even though town have a quite good grip around this game thus far. We should be more offensive I feel, but we're stuck on Awa/UoS and can't even talk about other options it seems.. It suits scum pretty well..

I don't really know what to do here.. can we please lynch awa and just start (more or less) fresh next day?

When in doubt, sheep DeDe.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 06, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

Losing my lynchproof is absolutely not beneficial for town because then you're more likely to want to lynch me again.

This is the second time Awaclus has brought this up.  It doesn't really make sense and reads as somewhat panicked about the prospect of being lynched.  Ergo, he's not really lynchproof.

If he's really invulnerable to dying today, where's that cool detachment gone?

Anyway, I'm back, going to read all of Day 2 today.

And we absolutely need to be lynching one of me or Awaclus.  Lynching e right now is silly.  Awaclus claims a guilty on me that can't be tampered with.  Either he's lying, or I am.  All this talk about lynching anyone else needs to wait until tomorrow or the next day.

But let's lynch Awaclus first.  If he's really lynchproof, no harm, no foul.  You'll have to lynch him tomorrow anyway if we lynch me.  Unless after my flip you intend to let him weasel out of his great power somehow?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 06, 2015, 01:09:46 pm »

When in doubt, sheep DeDe.

Um, no offense to DeDe, but despite being pretty much conftown at this point, I think he's been playing a not-very-good game.  You have any reason to sheep DeDe other than him having a weird amount of trust in you for some reason?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 06, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »

And could someone please lay out this mythical auto-win plan for me in detail?  Because there's a lot of talk about it and labeling it as "The Plan", but I haven't seen much beyond "let's use our PRs to try to confirm scum."

Which, I mean, cool, let's do that.  But dubbing it a Plan seems to be locking people into just sheeping Awaclus, who should be 50% likely to be scum from all of your POVs, which is significantly higher than average.  I don't like the psychological effect of talking about it this way.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 06, 2015, 01:24:45 pm »

And we absolutely need to be lynching one of me or Awaclus.  Lynching e right now is silly.  Awaclus claims a guilty on me that can't be tampered with.  Either he's lying, or I am.  All this talk about lynching anyone else needs to wait until tomorrow or the next day.

... OKAY FINE

vote: umbrage

happy? yeesh!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: July 06, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »

... OKAY FINE

vote: umbrage

happy? yeesh!

Much.

Still time to switch it to Awaclus though, if you really wanna make me smile.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: July 06, 2015, 01:29:03 pm »

Oh, and SS put me at L-1 with that.  So can we please give me time to complete my read of Day 2 before pulling the rope?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: July 06, 2015, 01:35:34 pm »

Still time to switch it to Awaclus though, if you really wanna make me smile.

I can't. which is why I didn't want to set my vote in stone, but if it has to be one of you two then I might aswell do it now, because lynching Awaclus for me is still just not going to happen.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: July 06, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »

Yeah no hammers please. Let him do rereads and give thoughts in everything. If you're really town, do reads and look for the scum partner of awaclus.

And the plan fell through when the bar fell through. Basically it was specially ordering actions and inclusions in the bar to protect mail-mi

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #1969 on: July 06, 2015, 04:43:49 pm »

So on day 2, Awaclus explains his inviting WW to the bar with this:

Wait a second... Uhm why did you choose WW to be in your neighborhood? [/list]

I had to make the choice during the day action window, and I had to make it in a hurry because some IRL stuff suddenly came up that day and I wasn't sure if I would have been back before the deadline. At that point, I just chose people arbitrarily. Then it turned out that said IRL stuff didn't need me after all, which is why I was around for the deadline, but I didn't really see a reason to change my targets anymore.

Inviting WW turned out to be a brilliant idea however, because that meant he couldn't target me, mail-mi or silverspawn. Perhaps scum wanted to kill mail-mi, and that's why they had a non-WW scum perform the kill, which then failed.

He made a similar post in the bar thread when asked about how he chose people.  But later he claims his investigative ability works only on people invited to the bar.  So the sensible play, as would be immediately obvious on reading that role in a PM, would be to invite your suspects, or at least 1 suspect and someone you want to semi-protect.

But Awaclus is acting like that hadn't even occurred to him here (and in his post in the QT).  He doesn't really have to worry about giving away his claimed power since it's so unusual.  So it looks like he came up with this investigative role after explaining how he chose his N1 bar group.

And why haven't those of you with access to the N1 bar QT looked at it again and commented on this proposed breadcrumb.  I still say it's bullshit, but no one seems interested in commenting on it for some reason?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1970 on: July 06, 2015, 04:54:08 pm »

Ash initially giving little credence to Hockey's protective role despite the no-kill looks like a reaction more likely to come from Doctor!Ash than not-a-Doctor!Ash.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
    • (´。• ω •。`)
      • View Profile
      • Birds of Necama
    « Reply #1971 on: July 06, 2015, 04:56:18 pm »

He made a similar post in the bar thread when asked about how he chose people.  But later he claims his investigative ability works only on people invited to the bar.  So the sensible play, as would be immediately obvious on reading that role in a PM, would be to invite your suspects, or at least 1 suspect and someone you want to semi-protect.

But Awaclus is acting like that hadn't even occurred to him here (and in his post in the QT).  He doesn't really have to worry about giving away his claimed power since it's so unusual.  So it looks like he came up with this investigative role after explaining how he chose his N1 bar group.

Well, guess why I invited mail-mi who was suspicious at the time and silverspawn and WW who are hard to read? Just because I said I chose them arbitrarily doesn't mean I actually chose them arbitrarily. I did make the choice in a hurry, though.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1972 on: July 06, 2015, 05:00:33 pm »

I mean, I believe you that you made the decision in a hurry.  No reason to doubt the real-world part.  But If you were really intent on crumbing your role, why lie about this in the QT?

And why go out of your way to say it was arbitrary.  What I'm getting at is that if your logic really was to grab suspicious people (which I think we agree is the correct play with your claimed power), the known-to-the-rest-of-us abilities of the bar already endorse that approach.  There's no reason to hide it.

So you either hid it, or it didn't occur to you yet.  My reading of your posts on this is that it didn't occur to you because you made up your power after this point.  Obviously you will disagree.  It's more interesting what other players think.

Well, guess why I invited mail-mi who was suspicious at the time and silverspawn and WW who are hard to read? Just because I said I chose them arbitrarily doesn't mean I actually chose them arbitrarily. I did make the choice in a hurry, though.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1973 on: July 06, 2015, 05:01:28 pm »

Quotefail.

I mean, I believe you that you made the decision in a hurry.  No reason to doubt the real-world part.  But If you were really intent on crumbing your role, why lie about this in the QT?

And why go out of your way to say it was arbitrary.  What I'm getting at is that if your logic really was to grab suspicious people (which I think we agree is the correct play with your claimed power), the known-to-the-rest-of-us abilities of the bar already endorse that approach.  There's no reason to hide it.

So you either hid it, or it didn't occur to you yet.  My reading of your posts on this is that it didn't occur to you because you made up your power after this point.  Obviously you will disagree.  It's more interesting what other players think.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1974 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:06 pm »

1. Why would scum choose to redirect Lekkit? Especially when multiple other people claimed powers (I claimed watcher, mail-mi claimed). Why take the risk as scum? This doesn't seem probable, especially since they knew mail-mi had an extra power from chairs.

Don't know if this ever got talked about after this (I'm still mid-read) but wanted to single it out as something to think about, especially tomorrow.  This is a point in favor of the proposed universal psychotrooper theory.  Did this ever get explained?
    Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.226 seconds with 20 queries.