Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261539 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1850 on: July 04, 2015, 03:45:08 am »

How much of the plan do we lose by lynching Awaclus? Do we lose the karaoke bar? If not, we don't lose much at all.

We lose a lot. I lose my lynchproof, and you lose my willingness to cooperate with the plan.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 04, 2015, 03:51:27 am »

How much of the plan do we lose by lynching Awaclus? Do we lose the karaoke bar? If not, we don't lose much at all.

We lose a lot. I lose my lynchproof, and you lose my willingness to cooperate with the plan.

That doesn't sound very pro-town of you.

But then again, you are a survivor, at best, scum at worst.  Not surprised you'd look out for yourself here.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 04, 2015, 04:27:28 am »

Also, pro-con on lynching Awaclus

1) Awaclus is lying scum. We just lynched scum. Yay.
2) Awaclus is telling the truth about his role. We still do all of the investigations. Catch scum. Yay

Or, lynch UoS
1) UoS is scum. We just lynched scum. Yay.
2) UoS is town. Awaclus now is confirmed lying and we lynch him. Then if he really is lynch proof we have to lynch him again. Scum get 3 NKs while we sort this mess out without furthering discussion.

The bar at least offers us some protection. That can be very beneficial when we're searching for 1 or 2 scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1853 on: July 04, 2015, 04:35:25 am »

2) UoS is town. Awaclus now is confirmed lying and we lynch him. Then if he really is lynch proof we have to lynch him again. Scum get 3 NKs while we sort this mess out without furthering discussion.

And there is still enough time for that. And the plan also narrows down the list of possible remaining scum to just chairs and one another person, so as long as we can agree that chairs is likely town, we should have a pretty good idea of who it is so the discussion part isn't really relevant.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1854 on: July 04, 2015, 04:37:46 am »

Plus mail-mi and DeDe should have plenty of time for confirming either chairs or the other person while you're lynching me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 04, 2015, 06:52:07 am »

we can lynch Awaclus tomorrow. If he's still alive.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 04, 2015, 08:52:44 am »

Not if he's lynchproof.

Remember, survivors play for themselves, not for town.  He will flip to help scum as soon as it suits him.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 04, 2015, 08:54:53 am »

Not if he's lynchproof.

Remember, survivors play for themselves, not for town.  He will flip to help scum as soon as it suits him.

It's awaclus, so I don't doubt that.

But if he's a cop, he will share his results tomorrow. and if he's lynchproof, someone might still shoot him... I really wish I wouldn't have shot lekkit

it seems doesn't seem worth it

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #1858 on: July 04, 2015, 09:32:40 am »

I'm way way behind on this game but I find Awaclus being scum very plausible here. I'll try and do a more thorough reread later.

ADK's last post.  He needs to at least answer the message question before we lynch.

Request prod on adk.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 04, 2015, 09:33:24 am »

Crap. Quoted the wrong post. On my phone and messed up
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: July 04, 2015, 09:45:03 am »

we're not lynching awaclus!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 04, 2015, 11:07:25 am »

So we lynch....me? I mean, do you just totally believe Awaclus? Then why aren't you voting UoS?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 04, 2015, 11:09:19 am »

If we want good questions from me, I need suspicious people to claim their full flavor names. That way I can't mess up the questions.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 04, 2015, 11:54:12 am »

If Awaclus is really a lynch-proof survivor, why is he so afraid of losing his shot of lynch-proof that he's willing to threaten to effectively throw the game (which is what will happen if he refuses to help us if we try to lynch him, which is what he's threatening?)

Answer: He's not really lynchproof.

And can someone explain the value of this plan?  Because if there is scum not in the bar, they can still target people in the bar right?  So we need all the scum in the bar.  If Awaclus is mafia, he can ensure that doesn't happen if he wants Mail-mi dead.  And we don't see all the powers someone has on flip, so how can we trust non-town aligned Awaclus results?  Even if we use a power to see his PM after his death, his results will have been in his own best interest at the time, not accurate.  And that's assuming he's really a survivor, which makes little sense to me.

(I'll have a couple hours online today.  Probably won't be able to read Day 2 all the way through, but will do that Monday.)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 04, 2015, 11:55:02 am »

If we want good questions from me, I need suspicious people to claim their full flavor names. That way I can't mess up the questions.

I'm Buffy Summers.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:53 pm »

How are you this sure of his results?  He's a cop that doesn't target people?  That can't be effected by these powers effecting targeting that would seem to interact with the rest of the setup?  That is lynchproof?

We're lynching me or Awaclus, so get your vote on me then.  But it's better to lynch the scum player first when two players are in a stand-off.  I mean, if we lynch me, I'll flip, and you'll kill him tomorrow, but we can also keep me alive to keep abusing my power.

And my power has a hell of a lot more evidence that it works than his does.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 04, 2015, 12:16:02 pm »

How are you this sure of his results?

I'm not. I'm maybe on 35% that he's a cop and 60% that he's lynchproof. that's enough reason to let him live another day, though.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 04, 2015, 12:18:01 pm »

If he's lynchproof, why is it worth it to him to threaten us so we won't try to lynch him?

That makes 0 sense.

It makes plenty of sense coming from mafia.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1868 on: July 04, 2015, 12:27:10 pm »

Not if he's lynchproof.

Which is why we need to do the plan so flipping to help scum will never happen.

If Awaclus is really a lynch-proof survivor, why is he so afraid of losing his shot of lynch-proof that he's willing to threaten to effectively throw the game (which is what will happen if he refuses to help us if we try to lynch him, which is what he's threatening?)

Answer: He's not really lynchproof.

And can someone explain the value of this plan?  Because if there is scum not in the bar, they can still target people in the bar right?  So we need all the scum in the bar.  If Awaclus is mafia, he can ensure that doesn't happen if he wants Mail-mi dead.  And we don't see all the powers someone has on flip, so how can we trust non-town aligned Awaclus results?  Even if we use a power to see his PM after his death, his results will have been in his own best interest at the time, not accurate.  And that's assuming he's really a survivor, which makes little sense to me.

1) Because one of the reasons why you don't want to lynch me is that I'm lynchproof. If I lose my lynchproof, you have more of an incentive to lynch me tomorrow.

2) DeDe told me who to invite. I invited those people. We can trust my results because you'll flip scum and then there's most likely only one left, which means it's in my best interests to find the remaining one. If you somehow don't flip scum, then we would know that my results can't be trusted.

Seriously, the only reason why you would have anything against the plan is that you're scum. Surprisingly enough, the only people arguing against are the confirmed scum, the scummiest non-confirmed person around, a guy who hasn't been participating actively and a newbie.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 04, 2015, 12:42:41 pm »

Yes, it's terribly anti-town to argue with the player with the absurd claim who insists that you're confirmed scum when you know you're not.

This plan doesn't actually accomplish anything but buy you another day alive, that's my point.  If we lynch me, fine, but it's better to lynch you and I'm absolutely going to argue that every time.  You're right, I'm not claiming to be lynchproof, but it makes no sense that you'd be lynchproof either.  Not with how you've acted in this game.

I absolutely agree that it needs to be me or Awaclus.  But then I wasn't the one suggesting an Ash lynch at any point.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 04, 2015, 12:44:54 pm »

Why are the masons not working together?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1871 on: July 04, 2015, 12:45:54 pm »

it's better to lynch you and I'm absolutely going to argue that every time.

Of course you are, because it's not better for town and you're scum.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1872 on: July 04, 2015, 12:49:36 pm »

Oh, and here's something else I noticed on my Day 1 reread.  At this point EgorK looks like he's going to be the Day 1 lynch.  He goes out of his way to make reread posts on WW and Hydrad.  Is this really how scum acts toward their partner when they are about to get lynched?

Reread time. WW:

54: votes for silver because he has no vote restriction (RVS)
77: reaction for ADK vig claim - hai Yuma
84: revotes for silver for being all cautious
111: asks mail-mi why save vig vote for d2
116: has doubts about scum!ADK making vig claim
121: says that chairs suggested flavor claiming and then said nothing
124: thinks that mafia almost never suggest claims hence suggesting is townie
128: vigvoted DD for trying hard to have read on everyone
132: rebukes silver's suggestion that he voted for DD because DD listed him as scummy
134: based on that suggests that he is IC now
136: reminds ash of DDs 2-3 town games before his SK game
140: thinks that his vote on DD may discourage posting content, but says he voted because he thought DD scummy
142-143: more ramblings about not discouraging playstyle because of voting

Ok, I'll skip posts with no meaningful content from here on

175: analyzed DD reads post to prove it had little actual content
176: thinks ash post towny
177: does not agree with DD that claims/hints were sketchy
189: thinks chairs more likely town then scum based on suggesting flavor claim
192: prods chairs
209: says DD is wrong, but not inherently scummy because of this
214, 230, 234, 239, 242: comments, clarifications, not so important questions
245: vigvotes hockey for budding guy that suspects him
263: asks me why I think mail-mi is scummy
more comments and clarifications (and jokes)
319: believes DD masons claim
328: unvigvotes
337: poe list - http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=12917.msg499999#msg499999 . Just noticed that he skipped me for some reason
comments
379, 385: defends ADK
back and forth with Awaclus about how he is not helpful
435: thinks that for IG Awaclus and me should be about the same
449: thinks mail-mi is onlly sheeping
451: thinks silver making himself seems active without providing content
464: thinks e analysis is good and townie
some flavor comments and trying to remember IG vs DD thing
498: votes Hydrad

Much more townie content than I assumed, will not vote here unless I need to save myself

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1873 on: July 04, 2015, 12:50:59 pm »

Oh, and here's something else I noticed on my Day 1 reread.  At this point EgorK looks like he's going to be the Day 1 lynch.  He goes out of his way to make reread posts on WW and Hydrad.  Is this really how scum acts toward their partner when they are about to get lynched?

Yes.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 04, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »

it's better to lynch you and I'm absolutely going to argue that every time.

Of course you are, because it's not better for town and you're scum.

So when two players have conflicting claims, the one who now knows the other is scum should not be arguing that he should be the second lynch?

Lynching scum first is always better.  If you're lynchproof we haven't lost a town player for lynching you.  If you're scum we're way ahead.  If I'm scum we're equally ahead, but if you're actually scum we're worse off.

Reads regarding which of us is scum should absolutely come into this, but it is absolutely not better to avoid lynching the claimed lynchproof who is either self-aligned or very likely scum.  And I really don't think you're lynchproof.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107  All

Page created in 1.344 seconds with 20 queries.