Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 262039 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1825 on: July 02, 2015, 06:59:42 pm »

UoS, your paraphrase says "next phase."  Your reading is it could used during the day or night, and diversely affect either?

Yes, it's explicitly a day/night action.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: July 02, 2015, 07:06:20 pm »

Okay so I've read all of Day 1 and Day 3, Day 2 remains to be done.

Awaclus remains my top scumread, based on his incorrect result, his implausible power (especially given how many things seem to interact with targeting in this setup) and the fact that despite all the incorrect stuff going on, he has not once questioned that result, while everyone else has doubts about everything.

Also, he claims to have sat on that result because he was hoping to win with scum initially, but still have been breadcrumbing his role to Mail-mi.  Also his breadcrumb is bullshit.  Finally, I don't like his position on the Hydrad wagon on Day 1.  He shrugged into voting for Hydrad when that looked like it was a good alternative to Egork, but had notably not shrugged onto Egork.  Given his "eh, Hydrad is fine" attitude of wanting it so we'd have a non-random lynch, I'd have expected him to go for Egork too.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: July 02, 2015, 07:16:30 pm »

So yeah, Awaclus is my vote for the partner.

But other reads from that day?  Well I get a pretty good town read from how SS handled the end of Day 1, I need to keep reading to figure out what exactly was up with chairs' message thing with DeDe, but that doesn't feel scum-gambity to me at all.  And while I find Ash pretty inscrutable there, if there are multiple powers that have been redirected, it's significantly less likely that Ash is scum.  It means it's pretty likely that PM is not Ash's power, so Ash wouldn't have known that power was active, which means he'd have been a lot less likely to give so close to a full claim when he knew there was a power that could prove him a liar.  Especially such a towny power, rather than something close to a scum power that could be handwaved as being okay for a town power.

So e is the next most likely partner for Egork IMO, without regard to whatever went down on Day 2.  e's making the Egork wagon tied with the Hydrad wagon on Day 1 does make it significantly less likely that they are partners, so I'm not inclined to vote for e based on his jumping on Hydrad initially when it looked like that was becoming viable, although there is a scum narrative there that he could have thought he was saving his buddy, then when he realized the voting system would lynch one anyway, he realized it would look bad to be the vote making it Hydrad, so switched to bussing with a 50% chance to save his partner and a 50% chance to bus.  Not bad odds.

Still, I don't think he knew that DeDe would so stubbornly stick to Mail-mi and then jump on Hydrad the way he did, so this isn't all that compelling.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: July 02, 2015, 09:28:46 pm »

I like these rereads
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:51 pm »

I think this is where we are at if we absolutely believe all claims

confirmed town:
DD
Hockey
ADK
mail-mi

confirmed scum/survivor:
Umbrage - possible manipulation
Awaclus
ashersky - possible manipulation

Ambiguous:
silverspawn
e
chairs
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: July 03, 2015, 12:19:11 am »

I think you should put me in confirmed town, because I'm explicitly using my power to enable mail-mi, so if you believe mail-mi is confirmed town, he can probably confirm that the power I'm using on him should put me in the same camp.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1831 on: July 03, 2015, 12:29:33 am »

I think you should put me in confirmed town, because I'm explicitly using my power to enable mail-mi, so if you believe mail-mi is confirmed town, he can probably confirm that the power I'm using on him should put me in the same camp.

I think you're likely town (well, I think anyone who isn't UoS or ashersky is likely town just because everyone can't be scum), but DD, hockey and ADK are all confirmed by mail-mi and mail-mi is confirmed by me, you've just done things with a strong town narrative.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 03, 2015, 02:51:20 am »

Alright, let's be simplistic about this. Whatever awaclus is , he is not town and also a proven liar. Worst case scenario he actually is a survivor-cop (sounds weird to me) best case scenario he is scum that has done a splendid survivor-gambit this game. That is not the worse lynch ever.

(I can't wrap my head around the redirection-mess so I will ignore that in my own reasoning.)

Vote: Awaclus
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 03, 2015, 03:19:20 am »

Vote Count 3.5

Awaclus (4): A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828...., UmbrageOfSnow, hockeysemlan
2.71828..... (1): silverspawn
UmbrageOfSnow (4): chairs, mail-mi, Delirious Deleuze, Awaclus

Not Voting (1): ashersky

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends July 8 at 1 pm forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1834 on: July 03, 2015, 03:22:41 am »

Alright, let's be simplistic about this. Whatever awaclus is , he is not town and also a proven liar. Worst case scenario he actually is a survivor-cop (sounds weird to me) best case scenario he is scum that has done a splendid survivor-gambit this game. That is not the worse lynch ever.

(I can't wrap my head around the redirection-mess so I will ignore that in my own reasoning.)

Read the plan. If we do the plan, town will be in a very good shape regardless of my alignment because you will get a ton of valuable information out of it. Best case scenario we'll lynch scum, protect town's two important roles from the NK, find out who the remaining scum is (i.e. confirm that it's ashersky), win the game tomorrow. Worst case scenario we'll lynch town, protect town's one important role from the NK, find out who the remaining scum are, and still win the game (although a bit later).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 03, 2015, 04:17:33 am »

Read the plan. If we do the plan, town will be in a very good shape regardless of my alignment because you will get a ton of valuable information out of it. Best case scenario we'll lynch scum, protect town's two important roles from the NK, find out who the remaining scum is (i.e. confirm that it's ashersky), win the game tomorrow. Worst case scenario we'll lynch town, protect town's one important role from the NK, find out who the remaining scum are, and still win the game (although a bit later).

Problem is, I strongly believe he will flip town so I'm moving on to the second part of the plan already today. You already lied about being town and you have all the reasons in the world to provide easy lynches for us as a survivor, so no, I let my vote stay on you for a while. It'll do no harm. A UoS-lynch might do.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1836 on: July 03, 2015, 05:09:06 am »

Problem is, I strongly believe he will flip town so I'm moving on to the second part of the plan already today. You already lied about being town and you have all the reasons in the world to provide easy lynches for us as a survivor, so no, I let my vote stay on you for a while. It'll do no harm. A UoS-lynch might do.

Why do you strongly believe he will flip town? UoS's play so far looks scummy only because I know that it is, but WW was scummy and had partnerish interactions with EgorK. It's awful to move on to the second part of the plan already because he won't flip town, I lose if I die and I have no intention of cooperating with a plan like that. I don't see the problem with lying about being town — if it wasn't for that lie, most likely you would have lynched me already and we wouldn't have EgorK's flip or the scum result on UoS (I mean, I would have it, but town wouldn't because why would I tell you if I'm about to die), so it was even in town's best interests to believe that lie. And I've probably lied less in this game than I usually do when I'm town. If UoS somehow miraculously flips town, then I'm going to have a hard time explaining how that's possible, and you'll probably lynch me and there's nothing I can do about it and then I lose, which means that it would be an awful idea for me to lie about having a scum result on UoS.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 03, 2015, 05:36:51 am »

Why do you strongly believe he will flip town? UoS's play so far looks scummy only because I know that it is, but WW was scummy and had partnerish interactions with EgorK. It's awful to move on to the second part of the plan already because he won't flip town, I lose if I die and I have no intention of cooperating with a plan like that. I don't see the problem with lying about being town — if it wasn't for that lie, most likely you would have lynched me already and we wouldn't have EgorK's flip or the scum result on UoS (I mean, I would have it, but town wouldn't because why would I tell you if I'm about to die), so it was even in town's best interests to believe that lie. And I've probably lied less in this game than I usually do when I'm town. If UoS somehow miraculously flips town, then I'm going to have a hard time explaining how that's possible, and you'll probably lynch me and there's nothing I can do about it and then I lose, which means that it would be an awful idea for me to lie about having a scum result on UoS.

A lot of people here seems to be sure on things without providing reasons. I figure I can do that too. UoS isn't scum. Your result needs to be wrong in some way, if not a lie. And no, we hesitated about lynching you due to the "no-lynch"-clause you claimed to have. At least it was my reason. No one believed you were town anyway..

I don't know, if people want to go for UoS anyway, I'm not necessarily against it, but I consider it a waste at this point and so much for it..   

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 03, 2015, 06:51:33 am »

A lot of people here seems to be sure on things without providing reasons.

+10000000000 for this.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 03, 2015, 01:21:31 pm »

So, I am kind of stuck here. I could go and fabricate a case against silverspawn or ashersky or chairs or whoever I want. Anyone can throw together some implicating posts and build a case. Or we can lynch a claimed survivor who I very well think could actually be scum.

I don't see what the big hold up is.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 03, 2015, 01:26:31 pm »

+10000000000 for this.

And really this. Every single other lynch is based entirely on claims. Claims that we now consider to have been tampered with N1 AND N2.

This lynch is based on a result that scum could not figure out how to avoid and just went for survivor. Or he could be an actual survivor. Either way I don't really see myself voting based on all the he said/she said.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1841 on: July 03, 2015, 01:39:39 pm »

+10000000000 for this.

And really this. Every single other lynch is based entirely on claims. Claims that we now consider to have been tampered with N1 AND N2.

This lynch is based on a result that scum could not figure out how to avoid and just went for survivor. Or he could be an actual survivor. Either way I don't really see myself voting based on all the he said/she said.

The plan all but guarantees town victory regardless of my alignment. There isn't really any good reason to not go for it unless you're scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 03, 2015, 02:06:31 pm »

I side with Awaclus here. I think he is a survivor, and is UoS is town, hey someone can kill awa or lynch him tomorrow.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 03, 2015, 03:17:09 pm »

So the plan is lynch UoS, then what? I don't tenderness and am on my phone so I can't look it up very easily

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 03, 2015, 03:17:51 pm »

So the plan is lynch UoS, then what? I don't tenderness* and am on my phone so I can't look it up very easily

*remember
Autocorrect

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1845 on: July 03, 2015, 03:49:45 pm »

So the plan is lynch UoS, then what? I don't tenderness and am on my phone so I can't look it up very easily

The plan is:

Step 1.
Invite mail-mi, ashersky and DeDe into my karaoke bar. This prevents me, ashersky and DeDe from targeting mail-mi, and enables me reading ashersky.

Step 2.
chairs uses his power on mail-mi.

Step 3.
Lynch UoS. If he flips scum, I read ashersky, DeDe watches either silverspawn or e and mail-mi tries to ask questions about the few remaining unconfirmed people to find the last scum. If he flips town, I get vigged and DeDe watches either silverspawn or e and mail-mi asks about ashersky and whichever one out of silverspawn and e that DeDe didn't watch (because it's pointless to ask about me if I get vigged anyway, and the information we get from the two questions and DeDe's watching act as circumstantial evidence regarding me) and I might as well read DeDe or something.

Step 4.
Tomorrow morning, we should know who the remaining scum is/are and there's enough time to lynch everyone even if it took two lynches to take one scum down.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 03, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

Remember I can't read tonight. Punished, but the thing is we get a huge amount of info from mail-mi

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 03, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »

Also ADK did you get the PM from mail-mi?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 04, 2015, 01:34:54 am »

How much of the plan do we lose by lynching Awaclus? Do we lose the karaoke bar? If not, we don't lose much at all.

Also, pro-con on lynching Awaclus

1) Awaclus is lying scum. We just lynched scum. Yay.
2) Awaclus is telling the truth about his role. We still do all of the investigations. Catch scum. Yay

Or, lynch UoS
1) UoS is scum. We just lynched scum. Yay.
2) UoS is town. Awaclus now is confirmed lying and we lynch him. Then if he really is lynch proof we have to lynch him again. Scum get 3 NKs while we sort this mess out without furthering discussion.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 04, 2015, 01:37:08 am »

Plus plan doesn't work as well with penalties that have been handed down. 

So.  Everyone.  Let's lynch Awaclus.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.035 seconds with 21 queries.