Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261569 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1800 on: July 02, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »

Yeah, that could go a long way to clearing or incriminating Ash, at least as far as whether or not this role belongs to him.  So if you trust SS, for example, and target SS and don't get the expected item pass but see nothing or something weird, we know this ability was used last night.

Or if your masonbuddy used any actions, you could target him to be extra sure.

Can do anything today or tonight.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:27 pm »

Can't

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:54 pm »

If ash doesn't have the item, then we know at least one scum can't do actions tonight.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 02, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »

Is it who an action is redirected onto or who it was redirected away from?

Parafrasing:
'if that players night action has been redirected in said game phase'.

So if Awaclus did the redirecting action, and I target him, I would get a negative response. I should target someone who did something at night, but I have no clue who might have.. except silver but it worked out fine according to him. I actually think my power is useless here since it can't detect day action. This thing messed up D3, am I correct..? 
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 02, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »

Yeah, that could go a long way to clearing or incriminating Ash, at least as far as whether or not this role belongs to him.  So if you trust SS, for example, and target SS and don't get the expected item pass but see nothing or something weird, we know this ability was used last night.

Or if your masonbuddy used any actions, you could target him to be extra sure.

Can do anything today or tonight.

Okay so today is definitely better then.

Here's how your result should work.
You name a player.  Instead of seeing the results you would normally see for that player, if this power really was used, you should see the results for the player whose PM I saw.  So you should pick a player where you know, or trust enough, what the result should be, either because of what they said they did, or what someone said they did too them.  In the case of DeDe's ability, it would be someone who should have had nothing done too them.

Then you'll be able to tell if things are being redirected when you see a result different from what is expected.

PPE:  Well, I guess I'll still say this in case anyone has a similar ability.  Remember, it's only Day actions that are being globally redirected, Night actions were just redirected away from someone, so that's a smaller target to hit.

PPEE: 2 more

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:32 pm »

Is it who an action is redirected onto or who it was redirected away from?

Parafrasing:
'if that players night action has been redirected in said game phase'.

So if Awaclus did the redirecting action, and I target him, I would get a negative response. I should target someone who did something at night, but I have no clue who might have.. except silver but it worked out fine according to him. I actually think my power is useless here since it can't detect day action. This thing messed up D3, am I correct..?

Okay, so if this is working the way I think it is, then whoever you target now, you would get results on the player whose PM I saw.  And their night action should not have been redirected (barring other powers).

So the only way that's really useful I think is if anyone can claim that they have a night action which WAS redirected, and you target them, and then you should get a result saying they were not redirected, and we'll know that everything is being redirected now.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 02, 2015, 02:25:47 pm »

Yeah, it's today that everything is getting redirected, and it's a 1-shot ability.

And for what it's worth WW didn't use any night actions last night, but you rather use someone widely trusted for this sort of thing anyway.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 02, 2015, 02:26:19 pm »

Should I send a message?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 02, 2015, 02:27:36 pm »

Should I send a message?

Actually, I will. ADK, you should get a message today. If you dont, this power was used.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 02, 2015, 02:29:41 pm »

Should I send a message?

Actually, I will. ADK, you should get a message today. If you dont, this power was used.

Solid.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 02, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »

Before ADK replies, Ash did you get the item?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 02, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »

We can use this to confirm (to a degree) ash as well. He replies if he got it or not, then we see if the redirect power happened, then if they match, cool, if not, more info.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 02, 2015, 02:40:17 pm »

Oh, Mail-mi, while you're around, could you take a look at the Night 1 Bar QT and give us your thoughts on Awaclus' proposed "breadcrumb"?

He says he didn't have a result until after the bar closed, but was crumbing cop.  Do you see it?  Because I do not.

SS, would like your input here as well.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 02, 2015, 03:00:12 pm »

Oh, Mail-mi, while you're around, could you take a look at the Night 1 Bar QT and give us your thoughts on Awaclus' proposed "breadcrumb"?

He says he didn't have a result until after the bar closed, but was crumbing cop.  Do you see it?  Because I do not.

There might be a breadcurmb in there? I don't know.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 02, 2015, 03:04:45 pm »

I don't think there is, but that's why I'm asking you.  Also, because you're not me and you can see the exact text.  He says his message where he explains the mechanics behind the invitations is a breadcrumb about his claimed cop role.  I think that makes 0 sense.  I think that's post hoc BS.  But the other people who can read it should comment on this, since we can't quote QTs.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1815 on: July 02, 2015, 03:21:51 pm »

I don't think there is, but that's why I'm asking you.  Also, because you're not me and you can see the exact text.  He says his message where he explains the mechanics behind the invitations is a breadcrumb about his claimed cop role.  I think that makes 0 sense.  I think that's post hoc BS.  But the other people who can read it should comment on this, since we can't quote QTs.

Yeah. I said the QT wouldn't confirm you being scum. It did though. Why would I even have brought that up otherwise?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: July 02, 2015, 03:29:02 pm »

Wait, can't you see it too, since you replaced WW?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: July 02, 2015, 03:29:22 pm »

Awaclus, is this in reference to you calling WW scum in the QT on N1?  Or is there an actual breadcrumb there somewhere?

At the time, I didn't know he was scum. The breadcrumb is the part where I said there's nothing in the mechanics of the QT that would confirm WW as scum.

You were explaining how you chose who to invite and what the mechanics of the QT were while trading barbs with WW.  It really does not look like a crumb to me.  Obviously you will say it is.  But Mail-mi and SS are the ones we really need to weigh in here.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 02, 2015, 03:30:53 pm »

Yeah, I can see it Mail-mi.

But we're debating lynching me or Awaclus probably, I think Awaclus is lying about being a cop.  Obviously neither my nor Awaclus' opinions on this can be trusted.  For this part of the debate, we need third parties who can read it to comment, rather than DeDe agreeing or not based on the vague summaries of QTs we can actually post in thread.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: July 02, 2015, 04:15:56 pm »

Okay we have until the 8th.  I am going for the day in an hour or two, I may or may not be able to post before the 5th, depending on borrowing a computer from someone else.  I'll try, and this game will be my priority, but I'd really like it if we could put off deciding a lynch until then.

I'll try to post some thoughts on my on-going reread before I'm off for the night, but I've been doing other stuff today, and this game is long and dense.  So I'm still on Day 1.  Certainly I will not finish it today.  With some luck, I can finish reading over the long weekend.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: July 02, 2015, 06:21:21 pm »

I have not received an item yet.  Does it show up instantly or at the end of the day action window?

The quote was me referring to DD 's item.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: July 02, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »

As for umbrage's result, that definitely ain't me.

That 4th power reads to me, in simpler terms:

At night, use this ability and no action, other than killing, can target you.  But then, the next day, ALL actions, other than killing, will target you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: July 02, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »

UoS, your paraphrase says "next phase."  Your reading is it could used during the day or night, and diversely affect either?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: July 02, 2015, 06:28:28 pm »

I have not received an item yet.  Does it show up instantly or at the end of the day action window?

Instantly. I clarified that with faust before I claimed the item.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: July 02, 2015, 06:34:06 pm »

Okay, then that power must've been used because I don't have the item anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107  All

Page created in 1.012 seconds with 21 queries.