Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261596 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1725 on: July 01, 2015, 04:13:11 pm »

Awa do you mind putting the direct win con of mail-mi

(paraphrasing again)

You win when all dangers to the Town have been removed, and there is one or more Town-aligned player left alive.

Okay cool. Just wanted to make sure. There was a chance you were lying and would've messed it up, but you didn't. I mean it's a very basic win con so you could still be lying but here was a chance you'd slip.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:45 pm »

Alright, so I confirmed from faust that hokcey should have received the item. Which means scum stole it... which is kind of funny, because the item is worthless for them

So, here is what it does: if you hold and get killed by a non-lynch, the killer dies too. This is of course the reason why I was hyping it up so much... I was hoping I'd draw a night kill. Didn't happen - which made me slightly suspicious about Awaclus again. If he's scum, then scum knows not to NK me... which could be one reason why they didn't, though there could be many others. It certainly doesn't prove anything.

Awaclus even having this is interesting, because if he's a survivor, it doesn't really help him, but I can see it being neat flavor wise. Giving it to me for towncred makes perfect sense; again, it's worthless for him. Doing it as scum for towncred is possible too, though I have a harder time seeing why scum should have this in the first place. As town, it'd have made perfect sense for him to give it away, after all it would cause another town to die if he gets vigged. But since we know he's not town, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Anyway, I hope this was like a one-shot item stealing power scum just 'wasted'.

Hey SS, could you help me understand the timeline here please?

So this item originally belonged to Awaclus, and then he gave it to you, and then you gave it to Hockey but it got intercepted?  Is that correct?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 01, 2015, 05:16:40 pm »

Alright, so I confirmed from faust that hokcey should have received the item. Which means scum stole it... which is kind of funny, because the item is worthless for them

So, here is what it does: if you hold and get killed by a non-lynch, the killer dies too. This is of course the reason why I was hyping it up so much... I was hoping I'd draw a night kill. Didn't happen - which made me slightly suspicious about Awaclus again. If he's scum, then scum knows not to NK me... which could be one reason why they didn't, though there could be many others. It certainly doesn't prove anything.

Awaclus even having this is interesting, because if he's a survivor, it doesn't really help him, but I can see it being neat flavor wise. Giving it to me for towncred makes perfect sense; again, it's worthless for him. Doing it as scum for towncred is possible too, though I have a harder time seeing why scum should have this in the first place. As town, it'd have made perfect sense for him to give it away, after all it would cause another town to die if he gets vigged. But since we know he's not town, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Hey SS, could you help me understand the timeline here please?

So this item originally belonged to Awaclus, and then he gave it to you, and then you gave it to Hockey but it got intercepted?  Is that correct?

You are correct

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 01, 2015, 05:32:36 pm »

Okay so I'm now caught up on Day 3.  There has been precious little scumhunting here.  I'm going to read Day 1 and Day 2 maybe tonight or tomorrow, so if we could put off lynching me before then that would be lovely.  Also I should be seeing Ash's role PM so it would be nice to wait for that since it'll either exonerate or condemn Ash now that he's claimed.  If he's really a doctor with resurrecting powers, that's pretty definitely town IMO.

But I've got to go for the night soon, and Awaclus' claim doesn't make much sense to be.  And he's either lying about his results or he was redirected somehow.  I'd really prefer to lynch scum over myself, even if my lynching will be informative to town.  It isn't equivalent though.  If we lynch Awaclus and he flips scum rather than survivor, we know his results were fabricated rather than redirected, and we can just not bother lynching me.  There is value to lynching scum first.

And that item makes 0 sense for a survivor to give away rather than claiming.  If he claimed it and held onto it, that would make sure he wasn't NK'd which is excellent for a survivor.   But that's not how he is playing.  It makes a ton of sense for scum to give it away, hoping to reduce the number of town in the game.  It also makes a lot of sense for a serial killer to just randomly sew chaos and reduce the player count.

Vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1729 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »

And that item makes 0 sense for a survivor to give away rather than claiming.  If he claimed it and held onto it, that would make sure he wasn't NK'd which is excellent for a survivor.   But that's not how he is playing.  It makes a ton of sense for scum to give it away, hoping to reduce the number of town in the game.  It also makes a lot of sense for a serial killer to just randomly sew chaos and reduce the player count.

I was under the impression that the item's effect was permanent.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:24 pm »

I mean this is an easy thing to verify. Silver?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 01, 2015, 06:32:31 pm »

Latest vote count:

Awaclus (3): A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828....., UoS
ashersky (1): ashersky
2.71828..... (1): silverspawn
UoS (5): chairs, mail-mi, Delirious Deleuze, Awaclus, hockey

Everyone is voting.  UoS is at L-1.

unvote
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 01, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »

I mean this is an easy thing to verify. Silver?

ehh no it's not permanent of course, lol

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 01, 2015, 06:57:39 pm »

The "lynchproof survivor" is claiming to have had an item that also made him a bomb?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 01, 2015, 07:00:08 pm »

Just re-reading this again -- yeah, it makes the holder a bomb in that if you are shot, you kill the killer.

That's a very pro-town item, if used correctly.  Giving it away is...odd.  Thing is, if Awaclus is scum, the only reasons for him to have such an item are:

1) Second scum faction
2) Serial Killer
3) Vigilantes

We've seen for sure that multiple night kills exist, ADK is a confirmed vig, and SS has claimed vig.

So, yep, checks out, scum could have it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1735 on: July 01, 2015, 07:42:18 pm »

The "lynchproof survivor" is claiming to have had an item that also made him a bomb?

No, it only works on townies. And apparently it doesn't even turn them into bombs permanently. And it was silverspawn who claimed what the item did.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 01, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »

No, it only works on townies. And apparently it doesn't even turn them into bombs permanently. And it was silverspawn who claimed what the item did.

So you had an item you couldn't use?

My understanding of silverspawn's claim is that it is an item he has, and if he is killed (other than lynched) while holding it, the killer also dies.

SS, can you confirm that the item says it won't work on players that are not town-aligned?

As for "permanent" or not...it's an item that works when you die.  How would it be permanent?  Once it triggers, you are dead.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 01, 2015, 08:50:25 pm »

So you had an item you couldn't use?

My understanding of silverspawn's claim is that it is an item he has, and if he is killed (other than lynched) while holding it, the killer also dies.

SS, can you confirm that the item says it won't work on players that are not town-aligned?

As for "permanent" or not...it's an item that works when you die.  How would it be permanent?  Once it triggers, you are dead.

He could have thought that it was something like "once you have held this at least once, you become a bomb for the rest of the game." It could make sense.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 01, 2015, 08:57:41 pm »

I cannot, because it doesn't. It says exactly what I claimed originally: if you hold it and get killed by something which isn't a lynch, the killer dies.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:28 pm »

*it doesn't as it in doesn't say that. It should work on everyone the way it's worded

I can't know if there is a hidden effect, but that's what faust told me when I got it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1740 on: July 01, 2015, 09:11:04 pm »

Really? In my QT, it says clearly that if a town player holds it, it turns them to a bomb. I could see that the wording is ambiguous regarding if or not it's permanent, but I assumed that it is, and it's not even ambiguous about not working on non-town players.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 01, 2015, 09:12:09 pm »

Wait I don't get why awaclus would lie in this scenario. At all. Something fishy must have happened. Because I don't see why scum!awaclus would lie.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 01, 2015, 09:19:08 pm »

Really? In my QT, it says clearly that if a town player holds it, it turns them to a bomb. I could see that the wording is ambiguous regarding if or not it's permanent, but I assumed that it is, and it's not even ambiguous about not working on non-town players.

well... the way it's worded it says that if I hold it it does that. Maybe it says 'you' in my case but ' town player ' in your case because I'm town and you aren't.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 01, 2015, 09:33:37 pm »

One outside possibility is silverspawn is lying.

I mean...he said he had it, then sent it to someone else, but now no one has it.  So it's him versus Awa, and Awa already looked bad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 01, 2015, 09:34:01 pm »

Wait I don't get why awaclus would lie in this scenario. At all. Something fishy must have happened. Because I don't see why scum!awaclus would lie.

There's really no reason Awaclus of any alignment lies about this.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 01, 2015, 09:39:16 pm »

well... the way it's worded it says that if I hold it it does that. Maybe it says 'you' in my case but ' town player ' in your case because I'm town and you aren't.

I agree.

One outside possibility is silverspawn is lying.

I mean...he said he had it, then sent it to someone else, but now no one has it.  So it's him versus Awa, and Awa already looked bad.

I don't think it can be this, because he said give on the forum, so he had to give an item if he had one. He could've destroyed it and then said give, since it wasn't helping him as scum?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 01, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »

Phone hate quotes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 01, 2015, 10:03:19 pm »

Okay so I'm now caught up on Day 3.  There has been precious little scumhunting here.  I'm going to read Day 1 and Day 2 maybe tonight or tomorrow, so if we could put off lynching me before then that would be lovely.  Also I should be seeing Ash's role PM so it would be nice to wait for that since it'll either exonerate or condemn Ash now that he's claimed.  If he's really a doctor with resurrecting powers, that's pretty definitely town IMO.

But I've got to go for the night soon, and Awaclus' claim doesn't make much sense to be.  And he's either lying about his results or he was redirected somehow.  I'd really prefer to lynch scum over myself, even if my lynching will be informative to town.  It isn't equivalent though.  If we lynch Awaclus and he flips scum rather than survivor, we know his results were fabricated rather than redirected, and we can just not bother lynching me.  There is value to lynching scum first.

Vote: Awaclus

This umbrage guy.  I like him
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 01, 2015, 10:17:06 pm »

I don't think it can be this, because he said give on the forum, so he had to give an item if he had one. He could've destroyed it and then said give, since it wasn't helping him as scum?

But maybe he didn't have one to give?  Or had something else?

I don't know.  I mean, super consipracy theory puts Awa and SS as partners, and it's all lies.  The original Awa > SS give was really convenient in that it was buying Awa some cred and SS could act like he didn't know why he was getting it.

Still, just a conspiracy theory.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 01, 2015, 10:25:16 pm »

But maybe he didn't have one to give?  Or had something else?

I don't know.  I mean, super consipracy theory puts Awa and SS as partners, and it's all lies.  The original Awa > SS give was really convenient in that it was buying Awa some cred and SS could act like he didn't know why he was getting it.

Still, just a conspiracy theory.

I mean he didn't give an item, I would know. That means he either destroyed it or there never was an item. Then again, why lie about this? The conspiracy works of it was all preplanned, but then SS wouldn't give it to hockey. I don't think this can hold as SS/awa.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 107  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.