Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261560 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1450 on: June 30, 2015, 06:28:03 am »

Also, I've been punished fairly harshly by the mod, although I'm not mod killed, obviously.

Hockey and DD, can I assume you two were also penalized?  (Faust mentioned you two specifically.)

I got a warning yes, and DeDe also.  I'm actually sorry you got punished, a warning would be enough. I can see why I triggered you, and I'm sorry for that. Unintentional. "annoying" is a common term on mafiascum refering to confusing playstile only. Won't use it again.

Wait, you two only got warnings, but I got full on punished?

That is...well, it's unfair for one.  Looking at what I was punished for (it's specifically quoted), you two have similar statements.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:11 am »

so, assuming mail-mi survives until tomorrow, a question which would be incredibly useful to have answered would be 'is there a mechanic which flips all investigative results in one night?'

-- (hockey, make a decision here) --

Uhm, about what? Haven't received anything yet.
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 30, 2015, 06:48:32 am »

Also, I've been punished fairly harshly by the mod, although I'm not mod killed, obviously.

Hockey and DD, can I assume you two were also penalized?  (Faust mentioned you two specifically.)

I got a warning yes, and DeDe also.  I'm actually sorry you got punished, a warning would be enough. I can see why I triggered you, and I'm sorry for that. Unintentional. "annoying" is a common term on mafiascum refering to confusing playstile only. Won't use it again.

Wait, you two only got warnings, but I got full on punished?

That is...well, it's unfair for one.  Looking at what I was punished for (it's specifically quoted), you two have similar statements.

Mhm. Maybe it would hurt town too much to punish 3 of it's members at the same time?

In fact, that's enough for me to unvote and I would prefer not to discuss the argument any further.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 30, 2015, 06:50:01 am »

Mhm. Maybe it would hurt town too much to punish 3 of it's members at the same time?

In fact, that's enough for me to unvote and I would prefer not to discuss the argument any further.

why not? didn't you just imply that there might be information to be gained?

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 30, 2015, 06:53:48 am »

why not? didn't you just imply that there might be information to be gained?

By lynching Ashersky? No, he is just a plain scumread, based mostly on omgus towards mason, I voted to get a reaction, and well.. I got one. What ashersky is right on in the whole shebang is the fact that I'm a fairly bad player so I rather stay unvoted for now. D3 has just begun after all.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1455 on: June 30, 2015, 07:44:03 am »

I love how there has been all this theory talk and hypotheticals about Awaclus or ADK or WW flipping scum.  But nothing about EgorK actually flipping scum

We have been considering how bad WW and ashersky look because of EgorK's flip.

vote: Awaclus

why is it that we aren't lynching the person claiming to not be town?  Sure, he is claiming survivor, but still.

Because we have one dead scum (EgorK), one confirmed scum (WW), and one extremely suspicious scum who's going to get confirmed tonight (ashersky). Town is winning this, so there's no need to get rid of a survivor, especially since I have a pretty good PR which is useful for town. The only reason why you might want to lynch me is if you believe I'm actually scum, but I'm rather obviously not scum because of my flavor and because of my item.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 30, 2015, 09:44:59 am »

I'm not Egor's partner.  My treatment of him yesterday should show this; I went back and forth on him quite a bit, and I think that kind of thing is hard to fake.  I was also quite willing to lynch him; I didn't vote him at the end because there wasn't a need; he was going to get lynched by majority.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 30, 2015, 09:49:12 am »

Why would scum!me have used my ability to verify Masons if I would have known they were telling the truth?  Why would I confirm them and fight against their lynch?`  How does that possibly make sense as scum?

I don't know, but why would Awaclus lie? Why would he confirm mail-mi?

The cop thing could be made up for town cred.  More likely he just has an incorrect result on me. 

Why would scum!me have used my ability to verify Masons if I would have known they were telling the truth?  Why would I confirm them and fight against their lynch?`  How does that possibly make sense as scum?

And if he's scum, who's his partner?

He's probably a Survivor.  I don't think scum (Mafia) makes that claim.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 30, 2015, 09:56:09 am »

vote: Awaclus

why is it that we aren't lynching the person claiming to not be town?  Sure, he is claiming survivor, but still.

Because we have one dead scum (EgorK), one confirmed scum (WW), and one extremely suspicious scum who's going to get confirmed tonight (ashersky). Town is winning this, so there's no need to get rid of a survivor, especially since I have a pretty good PR which is useful for town. The only reason why you might want to lynch me is if you believe I'm actually scum, but I'm rather obviously not scum because of my flavor and because of my item.

We're not having a confirmed scum. Your claim goes against the shield, and even if it did go through we probably have something messing with the results. If anything we have a confirmed town as long as I am concerned..

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 30, 2015, 01:52:53 pm »

I wouldn't say he's confirmed town, in fact I still think he's the best lynch, with me and ash in the group with mail-mi and then mail-mi asks if there was a role that was able to flip results.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 30, 2015, 01:57:40 pm »

I'm not Egor's partner.  My treatment of him yesterday should show this; I went back and forth on him quite a bit, and I think that kind of thing is hard to fake.  I was also quite willing to lynch him; I didn't vote him at the end because there wasn't a need; he was going to get lynched by majority.

I think you could have pulled it off. You're experienced scum and you're good at it.

That being said, who's going to be the lynch then? I would support an ash lynch and a WW lynch. I definitely want to see what the item is too.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 30, 2015, 02:05:28 pm »

I think you could have pulled it off. You're experienced scum and you're good at it.

That being said, who's going to be the lynch then? I would support an ash lynch and a WW lynch. I definitely want to see what the item is too.

Whomever looks the worst from Egor interactions; I will have to reread. 

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1462 on: June 30, 2015, 02:06:38 pm »

Whomever looks the worst from Egor interactions; I will have to reread.

That would be ashersky.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 30, 2015, 02:08:19 pm »

DD, I think power 3 could be enlightening in regards to said interactions.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1464 on: June 30, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »

I think we might want to reconsider an ADK lynch. ashersky was right that as long as town controls the extra lynch, it doesn't matter of it's scum who shoots - only, town didn't control it. ADK just chose a random target. I could easily see scum having a second one-shot killing role in this setup. Or, who knows, maybe he's a SK who shoots during the day and plans to not use his shot in further days - although, in that case, he probably did try to hit scum.

Is there any sense to have SK/2 scum factions flavorwise? If yes, I'd sheep silver here

Interesting... this was fairly early on.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 30, 2015, 02:11:41 pm »

I can only use it at night, trust me I thought of that. I plan on using it tonight to get some info.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1466 on: June 30, 2015, 02:13:34 pm »

For reference:

Meh, let's go through player list or I'll forget everything

e - do not remember anything in particular
Hydrad - can't put anything here as well
Chairs - now, this is interesting. Role that shares result with target and has targetting restrictions. More active then usual. Pass for d1
IG - I don't like this all out attacks. They can be town or scum hunting for mislynch. Still not a D1 lynch
WW - active, but I do not remember anything interesting aside from last post about ss. Although it is late and I may just forgot something. Warrants reread
Silver - talks sense most of the time. Pass for D1

Will finish this tommorow,mto tired really

Hockey and DD - I do not see any scum narrative until they live through at least day 3
Ash - does not feel like usual town ash, but I had not played for a while so his meta may have been changed
ADK - I stand by my earlier reads
Awaclus - I hate what he is doing, but as annoying as he is I don't want to lynch him D1
Lekkit - do no remember anything in particular, in for reread
Mail-mi - pushed for theoretically unsound decision and than kinda disappeared. Scummy still

Well, hedgey on Ash, for what that's worth.  Eh, hedgey on me, too.  I think ADK is unlikely to be a partner based on Egor going the "SK/second scum team" route on him.  Chairs and Silver come off as him assigning town reads; e is sort of null there.   

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 30, 2015, 02:13:44 pm »

I can only use it at night, trust me I thought of that. I plan on using it tonight to get some info.

Yeah I was keeping things vague on purpose~

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 30, 2015, 02:14:36 pm »

I'm still feeling WW. His interactions with EgorK just seem a bit off. He's been defending everyone and has pushed very few times early on.

Vote: WW. I think this makes the most sense right now. I would be will to vote ash, use power 3 at night and do the plan but with WW replacing ash in the bar. That would confirm some, and mail-mi could clear it up more.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 30, 2015, 02:25:46 pm »

Sigh.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: June 30, 2015, 02:37:49 pm »

Reading Ash on Day 2, I'm not sure Ash defends his partners this much. 

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 30, 2015, 02:47:52 pm »

Partners plural? We only know of one.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 30, 2015, 02:56:06 pm »

I think you're reading too much into WW's statement this time. I'm voting for him and I think he's scum, but I don't think that's what his statement is implying. I think he's just saying "when ashersky is scum, he doesn't defend his partners this strongly".

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 30, 2015, 03:08:18 pm »

Partners plural? We only know of one.

Why do you keep bringing this up? 

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 30, 2015, 03:16:38 pm »

I think you're reading too much into WW's statement this time. I'm voting for him and I think he's scum, but I don't think that's what his statement is implying. I think he's just saying "when ashersky is scum, he doesn't defend his partners this strongly".

Fair enough, I was just confused. There's been very little talk of possible scum configurations and I think we should start exploring it.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 107  All

Page created in 1.83 seconds with 20 queries.