Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261870 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1425 on: June 30, 2015, 01:17:03 am »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

mail-mi (1): hockeysemlan
EgorK (5): Ichimaru Gin, silverspawn, mail-mi, chairs, 2.71828.....
Witherweaver (2): ashersky, Hydrad
Hydrad (6): Witherweaver, A Drowned Kernel, EgorK, Lekkit, Awaclus, Delirious Deleuze

Day 2 Final Vote Count

Awaclus (2): ashersky, mail-mi
EgorK (6): hockeysemlan, Delirious Deleuze, Lekkit, Awaclus, silverspawn, chairs
A Drowned Kernel (2): EgorK, Witherweaver

Not Voting (3): 2.71828....., Ichimaru Gin, A Drowned Kernel

And witherweaver still looks bad. Yup, what is he at? I want to vote him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1426 on: June 30, 2015, 01:17:33 am »

Ok, Ichi is self-aligned.  Awaclus is claiming
even though he has led some people to base entire calculations (DD looking at you) on the "fact" that there are 4 scum. 

If you had bother reading, you'd notice I say things such as "at best" and in fact isolate the scenario where there could be more non-town than just the 4 later in the post.

Instead of coming back after an absence and adding snide comments, why not actually give input

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 30, 2015, 01:18:06 am »

Ok, Ichi is self-aligned.  Awaclus is claiming
even though he has led some people to base entire calculations (DD looking at you) on the "fact" that there are 4 scum. 

If you had bother reading, you'd notice I say things such as "at best" and in fact isolate the scenario where there could be more non-town than just the 4 later in the post.

Instead of coming back after an absence and adding snide comments, why not actually give input

Messed up a quote:

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 30, 2015, 01:18:22 am »

Fuck it

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 30, 2015, 01:21:20 am »

I'll quote for you, in case rereading my post is too difficult. To make it very clear, I bolded for you too the parts where I entertain possibilities and show that its not a "fact".

Here's some hypotheticals:

1. We lynch WW:

a. scum!awaclus is lynchproof, town!ww is town.

Here we lynch WW, then he flips town. At best 7-2, but possibly worse. By tomorrow, at best 6-2. We lynch Awaclus, he lives, 5-2 that night. Then we lynch awaclus again 5-1. That night 4-1.

b. scum!awalcus is not lynchproof, town!ww.

We lynch WW, 7-2. Then 6-2 at night, into a 6-1 that day, then 5-1 at night.

c. survivor!awalcus, scum!ww.

We lynch WW and it's probably 8-1 or better. That'd be cool.

2. We lynch awaclus.

a. scum!awaclus is lynchproof, town!ww.

Today, no one would die from the lynch: 8-2. After tonight, 7-2. Tomorrow, 7-1 and a cleared WW. Sounds nice.

b. scum!awaclus is not lynchproof, town!ww.

8-1 today, cleared WW. That's cool.

c. survivor!awaclus is lynchproof, scum!ww.

Assuming there are not 5 scum, which is yet to be determined and seems excessive. Scum would kill town at night, then we lynch awaclus again tomorrow, he flips, then another town dies. That puts us at 6-1 the next day unless there are extra scum.

d. survivor!awaclus is not lynchproof, scum!ww.

Basically same as above, except we gain an extra lynch.

I think a is the most probably is that awaclus is scum and this is him trying to get out of it. I also think it makes sense to lynch him no matter what anyway.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1430 on: June 30, 2015, 01:22:48 am »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

mail-mi (1): hockeysemlan
EgorK (5): Ichimaru Gin, silverspawn, mail-mi, chairs, 2.71828.....
Witherweaver (2): ashersky, Hydrad
Hydrad (6): Witherweaver, A Drowned Kernel, EgorK, Lekkit, Awaclus, Delirious Deleuze

Day 2 Final Vote Count

Awaclus (2): ashersky, mail-mi
EgorK (6): hockeysemlan, Delirious Deleuze, Lekkit, Awaclus, silverspawn, chairs
A Drowned Kernel (2): EgorK, Witherweaver

Not Voting (3): 2.71828....., Ichimaru Gin, A Drowned Kernel

And witherweaver still looks bad. Yup, what is he at? I want to vote him.

Yeah, I feel he still looks bad too.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 30, 2015, 01:24:33 am »

Vote Count 3.2.7

ashersky (1): hockey
DD (1): Ashersky
awaclus (3): mail-mi, ADK, 2.7
WW (2): chairs, DD

Not Voting (3): Witherweaver, silverspawn, Awaclus

takes 6 to lynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 30, 2015, 01:26:53 am »

I'll quote for you, in case rereading my post is too difficult. To make it very clear, I bolded for you too the parts where I entertain possibilities and show that its not a "fact".

Here's some hypotheticals:

1. We lynch WW:

a. scum!awaclus is lynchproof, town!ww is town.

Here we lynch WW, then he flips town. At best 7-2, but possibly worse. By tomorrow, at best 6-2. We lynch Awaclus, he lives, 5-2 that night. Then we lynch awaclus again 5-1. That night 4-1.

b. scum!awalcus is not lynchproof, town!ww.

We lynch WW, 7-2. Then 6-2 at night, into a 6-1 that day, then 5-1 at night.

c. survivor!awalcus, scum!ww.

We lynch WW and it's probably 8-1 or better. That'd be cool.

2. We lynch awaclus.

a. scum!awaclus is lynchproof, town!ww.

Today, no one would die from the lynch: 8-2. After tonight, 7-2. Tomorrow, 7-1 and a cleared WW. Sounds nice.

b. scum!awaclus is not lynchproof, town!ww.

8-1 today, cleared WW. That's cool.

c. survivor!awaclus is lynchproof, scum!ww.

Assuming there are not 5 scum, which is yet to be determined and seems excessive. Scum would kill town at night, then we lynch awaclus again tomorrow, he flips, then another town dies. That puts us at 6-1 the next day unless there are extra scum.

d. survivor!awaclus is not lynchproof, scum!ww.

Basically same as above, except we gain an extra lynch.

I think a is the most probably is that awaclus is scum and this is him trying to get out of it. I also think it makes sense to lynch him no matter what anyway.

Sorry if this came off a trifle bit aggressive. Still a bit annoyed from earlier.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 30, 2015, 01:28:49 am »

[projections post]

sorry, I was reading to catch up and did not read your post carefully enough.  As far as their being 5 not town-aligned, I don't think that is an issue at all.  That is, if 2 survivors exist in the game.

2 survivors, 3 scum, 10 town is not unreasonable.  2 survivors, 2 scum, 11 town seems stacked.  Especially with masons, cops, and all the other stuff claimed.

1 survivor, 1 SK, 2 scum, is also not unreasonable.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 30, 2015, 01:34:54 am »

[projections post]

sorry, I was reading to catch up and did not read your post carefully enough.  As far as their being 5 not town-aligned, I don't think that is an issue at all.  That is, if 2 survivors exist in the game.

2 survivors, 3 scum, 10 town is not unreasonable.  2 survivors, 2 scum, 11 town seems stacked.  Especially with masons, cops, and all the other stuff claimed.

1 survivor, 1 SK, 2 scum, is also not unreasonable.

I don't think we have a SK. We didn't have any NK N1, which very well could be due to a lot of factors. N2 we had two kills, but silver claimed the shot. I don't think he's scum or a SK. I'll know more when I'm told about the item given to hockey, but overall I don't think this scenario pans out.

I think the 2, 2, 3 scenario is most likely. I think its ash and WW in that case, and I believe awaclus.

I think the plan of lynching WW and then having mail-mi in the protection is still pretty good.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 30, 2015, 02:04:51 am »

headed to bed now.  Still like an Awaclus lynch.  WW (rightly?) pointed out a false result from Lekkit (who we know is town and had no reason to lie).  It is totally possible that other false results happened N1.  Which would imply that Awaclus and WW are both telling the truth, but we are lynching town rather than "basically survivor."

Now, we can always lynch VT ADK (well, he claims uselessness now that he has used his day-vig.  er, I mean, he has a powerful vote. Not useless) to confirm that results were funky N1, and I would be fine with that.  I still am not a huge fan of his "fullclaim" and think he is holding something back.  But I am fine to let that sit for now.

The thing with survivors is that they help us only as long as they need to.  Then they help themselves to a win.  Which is why he is "self-aligned."  Which is why we need to lynch him now.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 30, 2015, 02:05:46 am »

but we are lynching town rather than "basically survivor."
  (if we lynch WW is meant to be implied in that statement)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 30, 2015, 02:21:18 am »

headed to bed now.  Still like an Awaclus lynch.  WW (rightly?) pointed out a false result from Lekkit (who we know is town and had no reason to lie).  It is totally possible that other false results happened N1.  Which would imply that Awaclus and WW are both telling the truth, but we are lynching town rather than "basically survivor."

Now, we can always lynch VT ADK (well, he claims uselessness now that he has used his day-vig.  er, I mean, he has a powerful vote. Not useless) to confirm that results were funky N1, and I would be fine with that.  I still am not a huge fan of his "fullclaim" and think he is holding something back.  But I am fine to let that sit for now.

The thing with survivors is that they help us only as long as they need to.  Then they help themselves to a win.  Which is why he is "self-aligned."  Which is why we need to lynch him now.

This is quite fair.

Unvote.

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 30, 2015, 02:46:38 am »

If you want to sling mud, I'm happy to start this fight with you.  But trust me, you will lose if you think you are going to be able to make anyone thing I'm a lousy forum mafia player.

For the record, I absolutely don't think you're a bad mafia player, I sees you as the very best one here. Town!ashersky confuses me though. I know you don't do anything that isn't helping your alignment, and going after pseudo-confirmed masons isn't helping town, I assure you.

I use the word "poor" to describe my confusion, it's not meant to be "bad" in a general way. Absolutely not. It's just that, if you're scum your play makes much more sense to me, and therefore I found you scummy. Your play isn't really anti-town, you're just wrong and it's Close to comically when you make threats about how sure you are on the contrary.. hence, you play "poor". To DeDe and me, this is hilarious and.. yeah, scummy.

Hope that clarifies things for you. I have no intention to be rude to anyone here, especially not since I'm new to the gang. Still, your scumread on me and DeDe frustrates me big time, and I need to be able to express that, right? 
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 30, 2015, 02:47:47 am »

Still, your scumread on me and DeDe frustrates me big time, and I need to be able to express that, right? 

Yes.  We're good.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: June 30, 2015, 04:16:56 am »

Vote Count 3.1

Delirious Deleuze (1): ashersky
Awaclus (3): mail-mi, A Drowned Kernel, 2.71828.....
Witherweaver (1): chairs
ashersky (1): hockeysemlan

Not Voting (6): Witherweaver, silverspawn, ashersky, Awaclus, Delirious Deleuze

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends July 8 at 1 pm forum time.
I want to remind everyone of the civility pledge. Any further violations will be punished.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:27:18 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 30, 2015, 04:25:07 am »

We've got a double voter or a hidden voter.

I think we need to figure that out, and quickly.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 30, 2015, 04:28:06 am »

We've got a double voter or a hidden voter.

I think we need to figure that out, and quickly.

Or you've got an inattentive mod. Fixed now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 30, 2015, 04:29:42 am »

Also, I've been punished fairly harshly by the mod, although I'm not mod killed, obviously.

Hockey and DD, can I assume you two were also penalized?  (Faust mentioned you two specifically.)

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 30, 2015, 04:40:35 am »

Oh..

Assuming Awa is telling the truth we're heading towards a no-lynch today. Is that something we can afford? I don't really like it, but I totally see that it could be newb-thinking. We maybe need to, I don't know, but to me it seems too much of a waste, right now. Would prefer to hunt scum. 

hockeysemlan

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 30, 2015, 04:54:24 am »

Also, I've been punished fairly harshly by the mod, although I'm not mod killed, obviously.

Hockey and DD, can I assume you two were also penalized?  (Faust mentioned you two specifically.)

I got a warning yes, and DeDe also.  I'm actually sorry you got punished, a warning would be enough. I can see why I triggered you, and I'm sorry for that. Unintentional. "annoying" is a common term on mafiascum refering to confusing playstile only. Won't use it again.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 30, 2015, 06:02:58 am »

okay here's the thing:

I think I still believe Awaclus - and I think I'm starting to believe WW and that we had a global Psychotrooper for all Investigative results Night 1. I don't really want to vote for WW anymore, because honestly, if he flips town, that tells us nothing.

I'll look if I can make a collection of all investigative claims we have on N1. Note that mail-mi's results are almost certainly not affected by such a power..

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D2)
« Reply #1447 on: June 30, 2015, 06:12:02 am »

A review of D2 claims (numbers are reply #):
#648 - Awaclus flavor claims Lorne (demon).
#671 - Lekkit counterclaims Awaclus, saying he learned Awaclus is human
#880 - EgorK claims to have a night power that informed him ADK is not a demon.
#883 - chairs claims there is a way for EgorK to get "not a demon" on ADK while he is still Angel.
#918 - EgorK claims he got a demon result on Awaclus.

and now

Awaclus claims that WW is scum

looks like global psychotrooper, doesn't it? and that's really not a stretch in this setup - actually, it's a pretty likely thing for faust to include. We also have flavor results - will town figure it out? seems like a cool, skill rewarding mechanic.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 30, 2015, 06:13:32 am »

so, assuming mail-mi survives until tomorrow, a question which would be incredibly useful to have answered would be 'is there a mechanic which flips all investigative results in one night?'

-- (hockey, make a decision here) --

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 30, 2015, 06:15:04 am »

so - if anyone has used a role which would conflict the psychotrooper theory, he should claim it now.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 107  All

Page created in 2.024 seconds with 20 queries.