Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261999 times)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1300 on: June 29, 2015, 09:04:04 pm »

Meh, could have gone better. I'm self-aligned (basically a survivor). Since mail-mi claimed my flavor name already, there's no point in trying to hide it anymore; I can also read (basically cop) someone in my QT every night. WW is scum and mail-mi is town.

Then how did mail-mi get his result on you?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:16 pm »

Never mind, you're not town that's why.

Yeah I just don't believe you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1302 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:25 pm »

Meh, could have gone better. I'm self-aligned (basically a survivor). Since mail-mi claimed my flavor name already, there's no point in trying to hide it anymore; I can also read (basically cop) someone in my QT every night. WW is scum and mail-mi is town.

Then how did mail-mi get his result on you?

With his oracle ability, I suppose.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:25 pm »

a survivor cop? I'm not sure I buy that. It seems like a rather odd decision from a design perspective. Like, here is this insanely powerful PR that will drastically change balance which I'll give to a third party role who can either use it for town or not use it at all.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1304 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:53 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:59 pm »

Who did you read N1? WW? And then Mail-mi tonight?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 29, 2015, 09:07:14 pm »

I'm not sure how much I like this. Claiming survivor with lynchproof? That seems a little too convenient.

PPE: What DeDe and silver said.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 29, 2015, 09:08:06 pm »

I guess it could be neat thing for the survivor alone to have a cop - a mildly useful thing for him - but cop is just so good for town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1308 on: June 29, 2015, 09:08:47 pm »

a survivor cop? I'm not sure I buy that. It seems like a rather odd decision from a design perspective. Like, here is this insanely powerful PR that will drastically change balance which I'll give to a third party role who can either use it for town or not use it at all.

Seems to make perfect sense from a flavor perspective, though. It's not even insanely powerful, I'd say it's weaker than a regular cop because I'm limited to copping the people who accept the invitations. And it's beneficial for me to lynch scum too.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 29, 2015, 09:09:28 pm »

Why not?

It doesn't seem likely. We have. 2 (possible +) scum team and TWO non-scum, non-town factions? That just seems like a lot for a 15 person game.

That means it's WW and EgorK. It just doesn't feel right.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 29, 2015, 09:11:14 pm »

It's absolutely wrong.  Either Awaclus is lying or there was some major misinformation with investigations Night 1.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 29, 2015, 09:11:28 pm »

Seems to make perfect sense from a flavor perspective, though. It's not even insanely powerful, I'd say it's weaker than a regular cop because I'm limited to copping the people who accept the invitations. And it's beneficial for me to lynch scum too.

slightly weaker than a regular cop is still insanely powerful. a cop creates one IC per day at worst case. Compare that to, like, any other PR. it's so powerful that a modifier which does nothing except weakening cop results, like godfather, is considered a moderately strong role.

well, I guess there could be a godfather in this game, too.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1312 on: June 29, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »

Yeah.

Why not?

It doesn't seem likely. We have. 2 (possible +) scum team and TWO non-scum, non-town factions? That just seems like a lot for a 15 person game.

Lost mafia had two non-scum, non-town factions in addition to scum and town. I think ashersky might be a vampire too. And WW being EgorK's partner does feel pretty right if you consider their earlier interactions.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 29, 2015, 09:14:13 pm »

and you claim to be a demon, Awaclus?

well - I guess mail-mi could clear Awaclus by asking if there are 2+ survivors in the setup. Not sure that's worth it though - and it requires him to stay alive until tomorrow.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 29, 2015, 09:15:34 pm »

do you also still claim to be lynchproof? or was that just something you said to survive yesterday?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 29, 2015, 09:15:53 pm »

It's absolutely wrong.  Either Awaclus is lying or there was some major misinformation with investigations Night 1.

I believe you. You ought to have been protected by hockey. I don't think he can go beyond that. He's lying.

Yeah.

Why not?

Lost mafia had two non-scum, non-town factions in addition to scum and town. I think ashersky might be a vampire too. And WW being EgorK's partner does feel pretty right if you consider their earlier interactions.

This feels like a fake vampire read on ash. I think he's trying to distance himself from his partner.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 29, 2015, 09:16:33 pm »

Sorry, not "fake read" actually true. But like he's trying to move away from ash there

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 29, 2015, 09:17:11 pm »

I believe you. You ought to have been protected by hockey. I don't think he can go beyond that. He's lying.

right. there's that too. Awaclus?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1318 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

well - I guess mail-mi could clear Awaclus by asking if there are 2+ survivors in the setup. Not sure that's worth it though - and it requires him to stay alive until tomorrow.

I can 100% guarantee that the only thing I've lied about was being town.

Reading doesn't count as targeting, because it needs to get around my own protection as well.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »

I asked hockey to clarify with Faust and I asked too in our QT.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:57 pm »

I can 100% guarantee that the only thing I've lied about was being town.

Reading doesn't count as targeting, because it needs to get around my own protection as well.

That's fair.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 29, 2015, 09:27:46 pm »

Pro Lynching Awaclus
- if he's non-lynchproof scum, we kill scum. amazing.
- if he's non-lynchproof survivor without the cop role, we kill a potentially anti town role
- if he's non-lynchproof survivor with the cop role, we verify his targets - though not really, because we can't know if the cop thing is true.

Contra Lynching Awaclus
- if he's lynchproof whatever, we waste a lynch
- if he really is a cop, we kill the strongest PR in the game

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 29, 2015, 09:28:31 pm »

The other thing we could do is to lynch WW, and if he's town, lynch or shoot Awaclus next

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 29, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »

I think I'm in favor of lynching WW first, but I'll have to reread him and his interaction with Egork before deciding

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1324 on: June 29, 2015, 09:29:40 pm »

I highly recommend reading this: http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Krevlornswath_of_the_Deathwok_Clan (relevant flavor)

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 107  All

Page created in 1.504 seconds with 20 queries.