Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107  All

Author Topic: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (Game over - Vampires win!)  (Read 261650 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM25: Buffy/Angel Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1275 on: June 29, 2015, 07:41:08 pm »

Okay. Okay okay okay.

Firstly, again, vote: awaclus

Awaclus claimed to me in the neighborhood his exact flavor name and role name. So I asked if there was a town-aligned role called Aura-reading Karaoke Bar Host, and the answer was No. I tried to replace it with a question about ash, but that was discounted and so this question was answered. I also asked if there is a town-aligned role capable of killing anyone during the day, at least once per game, and that answer was yes. So 99.9% sure ADK is town.

My masons question: I asked if there were any town masons in this game, and faust asked me to clarify what masons means. So I clarified it as two or more players that know the others are town, and may be able to talk to each other during the day and/or night. He said that was a valid explanation, and answered my question with a "yes." So I don't believe ash one bit, and think that if it is a three man scum team it's awaclus/ash/egork.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 29, 2015, 07:42:29 pm »

I can confirm that I didn't take any night actions so DeDe's not lying about that.

PPE: Yeah I'm pretty sure I have to vote: Awaclus on that.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 29, 2015, 07:48:27 pm »

What are people not "believing" from me?  I haven't claimed anything to be believed.

So mail-mi's result regarding masons is that two or more players could exist in the game that know each other are town and can talk during the day or night...

Given how literal Faust has been, that could be interpreted a million ways.  Like, if a player has an innocent result on someone and they are both posting in the thread during the day.  Or if there is an IC.

Did you specify that the talking is in a QT?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 29, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »

The Awaclus thing...it either confirms he's lying about his flavor name/role, or didn't tell you it exactly, or he's scum, or he's self-aligned like Ichi.

Most of those possibilities are bad.  My best guess is self-aligned.  I don't think he has any partners.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 29, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »

Chairs -- you don't think I'm scum.  You aren't even fully convinced I'm wrong about the "masons."

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 29, 2015, 07:51:45 pm »

What are people not "believing" from me?  I haven't claimed anything to be believed.

So mail-mi's result regarding masons is that two or more players could exist in the game that know each other are town and can talk during the day or night...

Given how literal Faust has been, that could be interpreted a million ways.  Like, if a player has an innocent result on someone and they are both posting in the thread during the day.  Or if there is an IC.

No, investigation happens during game. It would have to be two roles that know each other as town before the game begins, meaning almost explicitly masons.

Also, yes, you want us to believe DeDe and hockey aren't masons.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 29, 2015, 07:52:52 pm »

Yeah but they KNOW THE OTHER IS TOWN. That can only happen if they're masons.

Also guys, we should lynch ash first because lunch proof possibility on awalcus. We can then take out a scum role and give them less options at night, then work on awalcus tomorrow. We should definitely protect (if anyone can) silver tonight in case he has a shot.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 29, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »

No, investigation happens during game. It would have to be two roles that know each other as town before the game begins, meaning almost explicitly masons.

But that's not how you worded your question, dude.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 29, 2015, 07:55:01 pm »

Also mail-mi, you said at least 4 scum. Why the at least?

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 29, 2015, 07:56:40 pm »

Man, can you actually try rereading for once? The role specified that they knew the other was town, and since its part of the role and question, kind of has to be town mason.

This is classic scum trying tooth and nail to fight after they've been proven wrong.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 29, 2015, 07:57:42 pm »

vote: awaclus. We can argue about the rest of it later, but let's start here.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:20 pm »

I am much more inclined to believe that Awaclus is scum after last night. Suffice to say, there was something I expected to happen that would prove his towniness, but it didn't happen. I am open for an Awaclus lynch today. I also think that lynching Awaclus would clear mail-mi, which would be good.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 29, 2015, 07:58:42 pm »

DD, you are full of shit.

Read mail-mi's post again.  He doesn't even use the word role in his explanation.

You seem to be conflating his question with witherweaver's claim today.

Which, of course, is what scum does.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 29, 2015, 07:59:13 pm »

-_-

My role itself only deals with stuff that is true before roles are handed out. You know, like the regular oracle.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02:20 pm »

I asked if there were less than 4 people not aligned with town, which got "no." Therefore, at least 4

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: June 29, 2015, 08:04:19 pm »

eh, I think arguing for loopholes in mail-mi's question is at once pretty futile and a very ashersky thing to do. (that's not to say that he's never right or even not mostly, just that he likes to not give in when he's wrong)

I'm not sure this makes ash scum, but I think ash is scummy anyway for his treatment of Egork.

hockey and DeDe are so not being lynched today. Off the table.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 29, 2015, 08:05:42 pm »

I asked if there were less than 4 people not aligned with town, which got "no." Therefore, at least 4

not to criticize your oracle play - I think the way you used it is overall very good - but why didn't you just ask 'how many people are not aligned with town?' Isn't that a valid setup question and strictly more informative?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 29, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »

or does it have to be yes/no questions?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 29, 2015, 08:08:28 pm »

or does it have to be yes/no questions?
This.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 29, 2015, 08:53:06 pm »

Town and scum Ash would do this.  He knows it, we know it, he knows we know it, and just in case we don't know it he'll let us know if.

There is some circumstantial evidence for scum!Ash that it was an Egor+Ash team (just them), he'd believe the multiball scenario, so he'd definitely think this.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 29, 2015, 08:58:18 pm »

On ash's threat to delete his account, I do pretty vividly recall him doing something similar in my first game on this site, Super Mario Bros. He said he would put something embarrassing in his sig if he was lying, and he did end up being scum.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 29, 2015, 09:00:39 pm »

Well he also went of on crazy Mason conspiracy theories in Dice Mafia, as town.  But of course, he'd know that we know that, etc.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1297 on: June 29, 2015, 09:01:18 pm »

Meh, could have gone better. I'm self-aligned (basically a survivor). Since mail-mi claimed my flavor name already, there's no point in trying to hide it anymore; I can also read (basically cop) someone in my QT every night. WW is scum and mail-mi is town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1298 on: June 29, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »

Not flavor name but role name, rather.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 29, 2015, 09:02:48 pm »

I am not scum.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107  All

Page created in 1.72 seconds with 20 queries.