Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Events on the wiki!  (Read 4491 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
Events on the wiki!
« on: April 02, 2015, 03:08:32 pm »
+17

I've made two new Templates: an Event template that links to and displays a picture of the Event when hovered over (exactly like the Card template, and use the same formatting: {{Event|whatever}}), and an Event infobox for the actual pages, which displays the image larger than the Card infobox, and doesn't say whether or not it's a kingdom card (since Events aren't cards anyway).

I'll be busy nearing noon tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to put up the fourth preview if it comes out around then - if it's an Event, please use this formatting!  And please use this formatting when linking to Events from other articles, and when the rest of the Events are finally spoiled!  Thanks!

Look at that hover image!

Yeah, that's a sexy infobox.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
Re: Events on the wiki!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:55:16 pm »
+1

So since tomorrow is Token day, and wero has inside information, we can conclude that there will be events that do stuff with tokens.

Also, should it really say card text, even though events aren't cards?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:58:41 pm »

So since tomorrow is Token day, and wero has inside information, we can conclude that there will be events that do stuff with tokens.

We already knew that there are events that do stuff with tokens.  We also know that at least some of the tokens will be able to modify cards, whatever that means.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 05:01:07 pm »
+2

I just know the cards; I don't know what's getting revealed tomorrow!  And it's a wiki, so, feel free to change that part. ;)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 06:25:30 pm »
+1

It's still card text, and Event Cards are still cards, they just don't do anything other than tell you what the Events do.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 03:52:51 am »
+2

Took that as a reason to bury the bot out of some old HDD, hope it doesn't destroy something.

7string

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: 7string
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 04:21:12 pm »
+15

You know...I often just take the wiki for granted because it is always there as a reference when I need it.  Occasionally I am reminded that some good folks do a lot of behind the scenes work to update the information and keep the website current with all the new cards.  I cannot say enough how tremendously useful this site has been in helping me learn the game better over the last couple years.  It has been both a great reference for when I need to look up rules I am questioning, as well as a tool that has helped me to learn (and teach to my IRL players) some of the more complex combos and strategies.  The wiki and this forum are probably why I am still playing Dominion (even though I don't play too much online anymore...another thread sometime on my frustrations with both the current lobby system and the ratings systems which make finding games with better players hard to do).

For now, just a shoutout to wereothegreat and all the others who make the wiki an essential part of our Dominion game reference.  The site is as important as the rulebooks to me.  Good work!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 04:23:48 pm by 7string »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 01:57:49 am »
+1

Took that as a reason to bury the bot out of some old HDD, hope it doesn't destroy something.

It hasn't, though it tried to get hover-picture formatting on the iso picture gallery, which I had explicitly decided not to do, since the hover-pictures floated behind the iso pictures.  :)

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 06:54:03 am »

It hasn't, though it tried to get hover-picture formatting on the iso picture gallery, which I had explicitly decided not to do, since the hover-pictures floated behind the iso pictures.  :)

Yes i saw and reverted. (I thought).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 12:15:00 pm »

What exactly does the StuBot do?  Its changes don't show up in "Recent Changes", but if you go to each page it'll show a change that added 14 characters, but doesn't seem to change anything about the page.

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 06:32:35 am »

What exactly does the StuBot do?  Its changes don't show up in "Recent Changes", but if you go to each page it'll show a change that added 14 characters, but doesn't seem to change anything about the page.

From the top of my head:
- Transform [[$card]] to correct template {{Card|$card}}, get trailing letters like {{Card|$card}}s to {{Card|$card|$cards}} and related stuff
- Similar things for {{coin|4P}}.
- Some pedanitic modifications like "*bullet_point" to * bullet_point, same for headlines.  Mostly because the rest is easier then.

:e You can see what it did here.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 06:44:58 am by DStu »

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 11:04:35 am »
+2

The bot should now also transform [[$event]] to {Event|$event} for each $event that I have not misspelled.

It also doesn't touch the Isotropic art gallery anymore
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:07:31 am by DStu »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.12 seconds with 20 queries.