Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: Previews #4 - Expedition, Trade, Mission  (Read 79648 times)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
Re: Previews #4 - Expedition, Trade, Mission
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2015, 12:05:15 pm »
+2

For me the most common thing was to play with 5 cards from Adventures and 5 cards from all the other expansions combined. I almost always used 2 events.
Sometimes we played with 10 Adventures cards and 2 events.

And I must admit I didn't realize the "specify 2 events setting right away" so I also accidentally played a bunch without events.

So, you're saying for Pro Mode, Goko should automatically allow for 2 events in pro games?
For playtesting, the Events were a playtesting bottleneck. You can play 3 games and see every Kingdom card but you see only 6 out of 20 Events. So there was a strong incentive for us to always play with 2 Events (the recommended limit). So we did.

An option to force Events to be included does sound good though, I mean some people will for sure want to do that, at least for a while.

My guess is that, after a while, Dominion won't feel like Dominion if we don't have Events.

And then after a while, it will again.

(Cf. the history of Colonies.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2015, 12:07:06 pm »
+1

Once you make your Estates actions, you'll never want to go back.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2015, 12:09:30 pm »
+3

For me the most common thing was to play with 5 cards from Adventures and 5 cards from all the other expansions combined. I almost always used 2 events.

And I must admit I didn't realize the "specify 2 events setting right away" so I also accidentally played a bunch without events.

So, you're saying for Pro Mode, Goko should automatically allow for 2 events in pro games?
For playtesting, the Events were a playtesting bottleneck. You can play 3 games and see every Kingdom card but you see only 6 out of 20 Events. So there was a strong incentive for us to always play with 2 Events (the recommended limit). So we did.

An option to force Events to be included does sound good though, I mean some people will for sure want to do that, at least for a while.

My guess is that, after a while, Dominion won't feel like Dominion if we don't have Events.

And then after a while, it will again.

(Cf. the history of Colonies.)

Except Events change every time, just like Kingdom cards, unlike Colonies/Platinum.  I think the way Events change things is going to be much more interesting and long-lasting than the way Colonies change things.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2015, 12:14:36 pm »
+7

I have played lots of games with Events and then after that lots of games without Events. It all feels like Dominion. Which is a real shock I know.

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2015, 12:18:41 pm »

Is that really likely? Is a set of two Events less likely to play no role or only a small one in a given game than any two Kingdom cards?

If so, that's pretty rad, but it seems like a tall order.

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2015, 05:58:08 am »
+1

It seems Mission also enables more deck deletion pins, Throne, Throne, Militia/Goons and Masquerade buying Mission every turn. That is just as effective as the classic KC-KC-Goons-Masquerade, it is a 4 card-combo, though. (I know technically Mission is not a card but it is selected in a similar way.)

Two Minions would serve the same purpose, too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:11:53 pm by Mr Anderson »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.