Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nice deck ya got there...  (Read 1827 times)

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
Nice deck ya got there...
« on: April 02, 2015, 12:56:54 am »
+5

...be a shame if something were to happen to it.

Code: [Select]
Chapel, Bishop, Scavenger, City, Embassy, Ill-Gotten Gains, Merchant Guild, Saboteur, Harem, Possession
My thought process:
1. Ooh, Chapel and City and Merchant Guild with a 5/2 split. I know what I'm doing here.
2. Why are you getting a poti... oh shoot, Possession is on the board.
3. Must... destroy... Possession... with... Saboteur...
4. You wanna play dirty? Okay, I'm getting Possession too!
5. You can't double Province with my deck but I CAN DO IT WITH YOURS!

Yeah, this person was a guest, but they were undefeated in their session so I didn't want to underestimate them. My obvious mistake was not seeing Possession right away. But the bad quality of my deck turned out to be a plus when I eventually got to use their deck more than my own. Possession is weird.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
Re: Nice deck ya got there...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 01:35:57 am »

Man, this kingdom looks really tricky. It seems like Bishop has to be the focus of your deck, but you can't do a golden deck because of the 2 junkers. Maybe all you need is a few Bishops and use Possession to gain stuff to trash? I don't have a clue!

tailred

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: ceviri
  • Respect: +368
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:41:44 am »

Fuck it all and go igg/duchy rush? Ah wait cities would destroy that.
I think this board would have to be highly reactionary. I think something like an igg start into possession if opponent goes cities may work, igg is pretty bad for a possessor.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:47:01 am by tailred »

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 07:38:30 am »

If this is randomly generated, it's the first such board I've seen that has RPS. IGG beats golden deck, golden deck beats whatever other thing you do, other thing beats IGG. What you do is the other thing, this if opponet goes for the golden deck pick up some IGGs roght before they start trashing provinces and you should win.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 11:18:50 am »

I don't think the Golden Deck does anything here, because your opponent can always turn for IGGs to kill you if need be.

If not for Merchant Guilt, I would be strongly considering some kind of BM mix of Embassy and IGGs.

But Merchant Guild gives you +buy. So we have strong trashing (Chapel), extra buy (Merchant Guild), great villages and draw (City and Embassy), and ample special stuff for the engine to do at the end (Possession, mas token gaining, Saboteur).

So this has to be massive engine where you trash down, get Cities, and turn for Possession quickly. You'll want to go light on tokens if your opponent does the same thing, though, so the mirror is tricky, and will probably come down to who is faster, and also who gets luckier Possession hands. If your opponent goes for money you can just utterly wreck them by playing the long game and catching back up off a bunch of Duchies and Harems (you'll have token reserves), and even pick up a Bishop or something.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 11:56:51 am »

If this is randomly generated, it's the first such board I've seen that has RPS. IGG beats golden deck, golden deck beats whatever other thing you do, other thing beats IGG. What you do is the other thing, this if opponet goes for the golden deck pick up some IGGs roght before they start trashing provinces and you should win.

It is randomly generated. This was a no strings attached unrated game, but I let Goko choose the kingdom.

I did consider IGG but decided to abandon it after I found Chapel/City/MG. But then came Possession. But then came Cities. So yeah, really situational. RPS is a good way of looking at it.
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.