Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Big Box and Big Box 2  (Read 6697 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Dominion Big Box and Big Box 2
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:45:52 pm »

Hi,

I just got the big box for Christmas, and I am very happy with it. I just have one question, will a big box 2 get a US release? I noticed there was a big box 2 that was released in Germany, but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about a US issue. Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Big Box and Big Box 2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »

I just got the big box for Christmas, and I am very happy with it. I just have one question, will a big box 2 get a US release? I noticed there was a big box 2 that was released in Germany, but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about a US issue. Sorry if this question has been asked before.
I have not heard of such a thing.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:31:05 pm »

Maybe someone put together one for him - "home-made" Christmas gift.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:35:35 am »

More specifically, I have not heard of any "big box 2." The big box that Amazon has, I know all about that one.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 02:50:42 am »
+1

On BGG, they have a single photo of Big Box 2 which seems to have a German release. http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1102688/fireangel

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 03:03:41 am »

On BGG, they have a single photo of Big Box 2 which seems to have a German release. http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1102688/fireangel
Ah. I know of no plans to have that product in the US.

Eistee

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 05:16:29 am »

I bought that box three weeks ago, but there's nothing in it you'll miss. It contains Base and Cornucopia and all the promo cards (except Governor). When I bought it, the price was only 5€ more than Cornucopia, and since I missed that expansion and the promo cards, it seemed like a good offer to me. Having a new Base Set (and with that, "fresh" copper and stuff like that) isn't that bad, either.

However, Hans im Glück (the publisher in Germany) messed something up again: Stash doesn't have the red back. They will send you the original Stash for free if you contact them, though - so it's not that bad.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:18:55 am by Eistee »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 12:09:47 pm »

It might actually be cool (and easier to carry and store) if there were three Big Boxes - first one with Base, Prosperity and Alchemy, the second with Intrigue, Seaside and Cornucopia, and the third with Hinterlands and the final two expansions, with promos littered throughout.  But looking at the pictures, where are the mats and tokens kept in that box?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 07:10:21 pm »

There are spots for the tokens and mats, plus extra storage as well.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.511 seconds with 20 queries.