Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: an expert level event attack  (Read 1455 times)

mee

• Scout
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
an expert level event attack
« on: November 27, 2015, 02:23:13 pm »

event-attack
name:look a distraction
cost 1
all your opponents shuffle his discard pile into his deck +buy

or all your opponents put there deck into the discard pile +buy

this would be for those players who are not only counting there own cards but are counting there opponents as well triggering a reshuffle or making them trigger a reshuffle
what do you think about an attack like this?

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +104
    • View Profile
Re: an expert level event attack
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:32:03 am »

I'm not sure this is really much of an attack at all. If anything, it advantages the opponent by speeding up their deck cycling and getting their new buys in play fAster. This wouldn't undo their top decking either, since they will have already drawn it. offering opponents this "attack" might be a good weak consolation prize for an event with a strong boon to the player though.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 05:53:00 pm »
+1

Also, events can't really be attacks, because you never "play" them.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

mee

• Scout
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 01:51:29 pm »

I'm not sure this is really much of an attack at all. If anything, it advantages the opponent by speeding up their deck cycling and getting their new buys in play fAster. This wouldn't undo their top decking either, since they will have already drawn it. offering opponents this "attack" might be a good weak consolation prize for an event with a strong boon to the player though.
it called expert level bc you need 2 be good at knowing when a reshuffle would hurt an opponent like if they have a goons and familiar potion in hand with 10 cards in the discard if he plays the familiar he probably wont get it and the goons for 2 more turns but if he just buys a familiar he will likely get 1 familiar in the next turn
also it could help if this was a reaction when an opponents card would go in the discard you may discard 2 cards if you do he shuffles his deck into his discard and puts it all in his deck

GeneralRamos

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +104
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:10:49 pm »

I think a way to make this a bit stronger as an attack would be something like inn, but one that compels your opponents to shuffle pull the victory cards (or something else bad) out of their discard and shuffle them into their deck. This way the attack is thinning out the opponent's deck and not instead empowering it by cycling good cards back in faster. Of course, an attack like that would have to cost significantly more.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.