Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 92582 times)

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: May 08, 2015, 01:44:51 pm »

Hydrad|Seprix
I'll go for Hydrad I guess, although it's worth noting who is pushing for it most/first
vote: Hydrad
Gender happened.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 08, 2015, 01:49:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.10

Hydrad (4): EFHW, Joseph2302, A Drowned Kernel, Ghacob
Awaclus (1): e
Seprix (1): Hydrad
Joseph2302 (1): Awaclus
EFHW (3): ashersky, chairs, faust
Ghacob (1): Seprix
Pit (1): Ichimaru Gin
ashersky (1): Pit

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 8 May, 5 PM Forum Time.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 08, 2015, 01:51:04 pm »

I don't know about that. I'm not particularly inclined to trust pit at this point. His power sounds basically like a balancing effect that reduces the advantage either side gets from lynching the other...which doesn't sound especially pro-town to me.
On the other hand, there's presumably a higher chance we'll hit town not scum, so it'll give us a benefit? Unless pit is plain lying of course.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 08, 2015, 01:54:27 pm »

Yeah. It just seems weird, because the goal is to lynch scum. His power really only helps us if we are mistaken (which granted, does happen a fair amount). But is it something we want to bet on? Like:
"Oh yeah, we're probably wrong and are lynching town, so let Pit hammer so it doesn't hurt as much" I don't really like the way that sounds. And then if we do lynch scum and he hammers, what then? Has he given us any specifics as to what will happen in each scenario?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 08, 2015, 02:19:26 pm »

Oh I wake up and suddenly I might die. Thats no good.

I didn't realize how close we are to the end. I will now convince you all you are wrong. soon.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #530 on: May 08, 2015, 02:29:43 pm »

Yeah. It just seems weird, because the goal is to lynch scum. His power really only helps us if we are mistaken (which granted, does happen a fair amount). But is it something we want to bet on? Like:
"Oh yeah, we're probably wrong and are lynching town, so let Pit hammer so it doesn't hurt as much" I don't really like the way that sounds. And then if we do lynch scum and he hammers, what then? Has he given us any specifics as to what will happen in each scenario?

Well, normally hitting scum early or not hitting scum early makes a huge difference and it's somewhat random because we don't have a lot of information before the first scum flip. Pit's ability just makes it less swingy, since it benefits whichever faction who happened to get worse "luck" with an early lynch.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 08, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »

Hmm so I was about to explain why Seprix was scum here but I'm less sure now.

I only really see 2 scummy things about him.

I mean, it sucks that scum didn't have access to the town wincon (and I know they didn't, because I didn't)

You're kidding, right?

vote: Faust

Where he votes faust here and pushes for a lynch. He only does this for like 3 posts and then doesn't mention faust again when no one follows him and just lets people forget that he was on faust.

Second time is when he pushes my lynch. Normally thats fine but what I don't like is that he only seemed to like my lynch after I voted him as he'd never mentioned me before and the fact that hes pushing my lynch and not actually on it. Like he was testing the waters before he voted.

I'm going to do a quick reread to see if I can find someone scummier though. I'm feeling more towny about him then I did when I voted him.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 08, 2015, 02:38:25 pm »

The fact that Seprix was confused about that fact that faust had claimed survivor is actually what's currently convincing me that he's town.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 08, 2015, 02:40:49 pm »

Ok reread #2. Awaclus.

There wasn't much there.

Basically he has said lynch Joeseph a bunch of times. then had one post

I don't actually like a Pit lynch either, but that's not because he's new, that's just because he's not scummy this time.

about pit.

I think I'm going to keep going at this whole reread thing for now. Lets see how many I can get down.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #534 on: May 08, 2015, 02:43:34 pm »

I don't really like the Hydrad lynch. Either he's suddenly gotten significantly better at looking like town!Hydrad-with-a-wagon when he's scum, or he's town here.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 08, 2015, 02:47:31 pm »

Well, normally hitting scum early or not hitting scum early makes a huge difference and it's somewhat random because we don't have a lot of information before the first scum flip. Pit's ability just makes it less swingy, since it benefits whichever faction who happened to get worse "luck" with an early lynch.
Yeah. But without details, we have no idea of knowing what "consolation" each side would get.

Also, I'm not convinced things being less swingy is a good thing either. Lynching town D1 is par for the course and doesn't really hurt us that much--I don't think we need a consolation for that. Lynching scum D1 puts us in a strong position and is very good--having that mitigated in some way sucks.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 08, 2015, 02:56:21 pm »

ADK

So ADK first jumps on ash for claiming twilight but seems more of a annoyance vote or something as he instantly unvotes. He later gives ash an IC level. I like this I think scum is much more scared to create an IC.

He then finds chairs scummy for his votes early on

I'm apparently bad at reading sarcasm over the internet. Who here is actually serious about their votes?

Well, we're off to a strong start.

I agree that flavor name claiming is bad. The case on ADK is about as strong as any D1 case I've seen. vote: ADK.

I mean, the "case" against me is that I made the same statement that you made. So really, you should be voting for yourself.

I mean, usually when I self-vote I'm just being petulant. It's not like ashersky where an ashersky self-vote is a Town tell :P

If I'm going to be honest, though, I just wanted to see if anybody would shove on it for L-1 so we'd have data for D2 and someone to eyeball D1. Nobody did, so I'll just have to go back to gut voting, and my gut says vote: e I don't like interest rates.

The fact that you jumped off my wagon for the sake of joke vote doesn't make me feel any better about you.

So I'm a bit confused, should I jump on the wagon or vote for who I think is actually an enemy person?

Always the second one.

Okay, so here's the deal: I have a third-party role.

Who is your character?

Yeah, this.

He then dissapears for a few days while the whole faust and ichi discussion is going on.

He comes back and gives a couple reads throughout the game.

which follow along with his later read list here

Like what I'm seeing from e. And ghacob. And Seprix. All likely town.

Joseph is scummish but I'm not quite sure I buy it yet. chairs is scummish. ash is an IC.

Who else is in this game?

Hydrad, Ichi, awaclus, EFHW, pit. Uh, pit claimed something townier earlier, I think. awaclus is also kind of scummy with his "I always get lynched and am never scum!" thingie. Null on EFHW and Hydrad, don't remember much there. Ichi I would also have to go back and look at.

faust is a special case, no one knows his alignment, not even him. I think it's fine to keep him alive, I trust that he'll help us find scum for now.

Overall towny vibe here.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 08, 2015, 02:58:29 pm »

Well, normally hitting scum early or not hitting scum early makes a huge difference and it's somewhat random because we don't have a lot of information before the first scum flip.
I think this only holds true one way. Hitting scum early is amazing, and often seals scum's defeat. Contrawise, lynching town early is not preferred, but does not especially cripple or harm town unless the lynchee is a strong PR or something--which should really not happen in the first place.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 08, 2015, 03:02:12 pm »

Also I feel bad about this but I'm just starting to realize about Chrysalis after doing these rereads. I thought that people were just speculating about her and didn't realize that pit said the flavor meant she was in the game and that we should worry about supports. Not sure how I missed that.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 08, 2015, 03:08:23 pm »

I'm not going to bother reading faust. I still think hes telling the truth about almost everything. Seems to risky to go for that as scum.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 08, 2015, 03:22:03 pm »

So IG's biggest part is him vs faust.

One thing to note though is hes gotten much better this game at not going full on OMGUS and tunneling faust. There was a decent amount of suspicion on faust for him but he ended up kinda uhh. I don't think forgiving is the right word here... But I can't think of what word to use right now. But anyways I guess "forgiving" (for now) faust and looking at other people in the game still.

He has also been pretty active and gut feeling me says IG is town here. He seems to be good at replicating his play when hes scum. So the fact that hes kinda changing it actually points me more to town IG as I think scum IG would just stick to how he normally is.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 08, 2015, 03:24:06 pm »

Oh no one posted between me reads list this time. How do I determine who to read next!

Actually I'm going to take a quick break for a moment for like 30 min and then be back. This reading thing is more tiring then I expected even if mine is much less informative then someone like Silvers reads.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 08, 2015, 04:20:52 pm »

I will admit that this is the most motivated I've seen Hydrad in a while.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 08, 2015, 04:32:23 pm »

Am I correctly seeing forum time as 4:32 or is that just my time?
Gender happened.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 08, 2015, 04:33:39 pm »

Am I correctly seeing forum time as 4:32 or is that just my time?

Oh I think so. so 30 min left?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 08, 2015, 04:37:29 pm »

Also Ghacob congratz on being my next read!

well you get a day1 pass for being new. hurrah.

Other then that you havn't been too active but I know exactly what you mean with this

For what it's worth, I've been keeping up with the thread, but have found little to contribute with. Nobody has really addressed me with concerns or anything and none of my thoughts have been significant enough to voice to others.

This is how I feel almost everygame.

Unfortunately there isn't much to read on you since you only have about 18 posts. So your pretty null.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 08, 2015, 04:38:50 pm »

Well I'll be here for the next 20 minutes. How many people do we have here?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 08, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »

Vote: EFHW

15 minutes and we need at least 3 people more for a lynch.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 08, 2015, 04:47:55 pm »

I still like Hydrad lynch, but his posts are making me question my read.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 08, 2015, 04:49:16 pm »

ADK ghacob you still here?

Is pit here? he said he wanted to hammer
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42  All

Page created in 2.306 seconds with 21 queries.