Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 90822 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: May 01, 2015, 12:40:48 pm »

It's also kinda weird that a town PR needs to out themselves to be useful. One reason I went with that claim was I knew it would be hard to convince you that I'm town with the whole support thing.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2015, 12:45:28 pm »

Ok. Thanks. I think I do understand the reasoning behind that better now. Though I think it's a fair bit different in this situation. Oh, but you already said that.

I still think that Chrysalis is hiding. If the guess about the flavor is correct, it doesn't make sense to have Chrysalis + only one other player who are the only ones that require support I think. Has anyone considered that Chrysalis is an NPC either? Is that possible in a normal setup?

PPE: Yeah. It is kind of weird I guess. But who knows, maybe my power is something really good!

When/if I do get it, I will probably not disclose it though. Better to let scum have the WIFOM that I'm bulletproof or something.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:46 pm »

Let's assume for the moment that IG is Town (and right now I lean towards he is more than he isn't). It's possible that scum has similar "If I want to use my power role, I need to get people to do something to activate it" roles and is just choosing to avoid doing so for now, which is great for us if they're sacrificing some nifty powers - and your PR had better be good if you're requiring activation in the main thread to make it happen!

So to me faust is pretty much foregone-conclusion third party because his objective list is too ridiculous to fake. The real question for me is "Do I believe IG is a Town PR with a nifty role that requires activation?" and I think the answer is a tentative yes. I'm not sold yet, so you don't have my support (since I assume once I throw you support I don't get to take it back if it looks like I'm wrong to do so), but we have a while left in D1.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 01, 2015, 01:35:14 pm »

If we're doing colours, I claim my mod colour, hot pink.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2015, 01:36:55 pm »

I still think that Chrysalis is hiding. If the guess about the flavor is correct, it doesn't make sense to have Chrysalis + only one other player who are the only ones that require support I think.

I don't. If you flip not-Chrysalis, and faust flips not-Chrysalis, whoever is the next person to claim a role that requires people's support is pretty much confirmed Chrysalis. Therefore, if Chrysalis is hiding, they're basically choosing to stay hiding forever and never activate their whatever it is that gets activated when they have enough support. That's why I think the real Chrysalis claims here, and hopes to get the other potential Chrysalises lynched first.

It's much more likely that yet another support-requiring town role is hiding. They probably will get the support, too, after one of you two has flipped scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2015, 01:37:40 pm »

Support: faust or Encourage: faust- whichever one is correct syntax. I trust faust more as the first person to claim supporter.

PPE:1

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2015, 03:05:46 pm »

EVIL POSSESSED TEXT

I still like a Pit lynch.
Could you explain why?

Has anyone considered that Chrysalis is an NPC either?
I don't have that much mafia experience, how does an NPC work in games like this?

What's the name of Pit? It's That Crisco Cretin isn't it?
I have no idea what this means... If you're asking for my flavor name: I'm Luna

I think IG is much more likely to be scum here than faust. Faust is someone who could come up with crazy plans, but i can't imagine that he made all that stuff up.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »

Apparently Luna is a princess, that's all Wikipedia tells me.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »

so apparently Princess Luna was the antagonist of the premiere episode of MLP:FIM, but became good again, and she becomes a joint-ruler with her sister. I love learning about MLP:FIM.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2015, 03:24:00 pm »

EVIL POSSESSED TEXT

Could you explain why?

Mainly because I don't have information on you, but I have information on Faust that he provided and was very specific about.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 01, 2015, 03:27:43 pm »

so apparently Princess Luna was the antagonist of the premiere episode of MLP:FIM, but became good again, and she becomes a joint-ruler with her sister. I love learning about MLP:FIM.
If anyone wants to know more:
Luna (princess of night / moon) went evil because she envied her sister celestia (princess of day / sun) because everyone seemed to like days and just wasted the nights sleeping -> She tried to make nights last forever -> Celestia sent her to the moon for 1000 years -> Episode 1 is set on the day when the 1000 years end and luna is extremely mad about being banished for such a long time -> she realizes that what she did 1k years ago was wrong -> she becomes good again and has some short appearances in later episodes

(this is what i remember from the show, if anything is wrong / missing please correct me)

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 01, 2015, 03:29:39 pm »

EVIL POSSESSED TEXT

Could you explain why?

Mainly because I don't have information on you, but I have information on Faust that he provided and was very specific about.
What kind of information do you want? What exactly my PR does when it activates?
I don't really want to tell everyone, but if it's necessary i could at least tell you what happens if i hammer scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #262 on: May 01, 2015, 03:38:03 pm »

Support: faust or Encourage: faust- whichever one is correct syntax. I trust faust more as the first person to claim supporter.

PPE:1

There's no need to support him yet. Unless faust is like "I'm going to be as anti-town as possible until I have enough support, and at that exact moment, I'll switch to being as pro-town as possible", it doesn't make any difference for anyone if he gets the support now or later. Let's support him after we have gotten more information.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2015, 03:47:56 pm »

Seriously? The amount of stupidity going on right now is frustrating. faust is not town. faust cannot be trusted. If you want to use faust's own logic--just looking at roles that require/have some sort of support mechanic, I claimed to have a role that used the support mechanic second--which makes me more likely town.

I'm going to vote: pit actually.
His explanation for why he thinks I'm scum is just awful  :(
It's rarely a black and white "everything is made up" "nothing is made up" situation. faust is more likely mixing truth with lies--I don't think anyone is positing he invented his entire role with the 7 requirements--that would be like crazy. Pit has worked very hard to frame the situation so that either faust or myself gets lynched. I actually believe faust's claim for the most part--and stand by my earlier statements that I think Chrysalis hasn't claimed yet.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2015, 03:49:35 pm »

It's weird. The thread is actually pretty short, but it feels like a toooooon has happened.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:22 pm »

and stand by my earlier statements that I think Chrysalis hasn't claimed yet.

I explained why I think that's wrong. Mind explaining why you think I'm wrong?

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2015, 04:46:44 pm »

vote: IG
This one is being *far* too suspicious if you ask me. Working far to hard to defend 'emself.
Gender happened.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2015, 05:02:24 pm »

Seriously? The amount of stupidity going on right now is frustrating. faust is not town. faust cannot be trusted. If you want to use faust's own logic--just looking at roles that require/have some sort of support mechanic, I claimed to have a role that used the support mechanic second--which makes me more likely town.

I'm going to vote: pit actually.
His explanation for why he thinks I'm scum is just awful  :(
It's rarely a black and white "everything is made up" "nothing is made up" situation. faust is more likely mixing truth with lies--I don't think anyone is positing he invented his entire role with the 7 requirements--that would be like crazy. Pit has worked very hard to frame the situation so that either faust or myself gets lynched. I actually believe faust's claim for the most part--and stand by my earlier statements that I think Chrysalis hasn't claimed yet.
Ok, i can see that I've looked at things from a wrong perspective ("faust vs. Ichi" while not thinking about all the other possible situations). But there is also something I strongly disagree with:
" I claimed to have a role that used the support mechanic second--which makes me more likely town."
I think both town and scum are likely to claim after seeing fausts claim, since it makes their claim look natural and trustworthy. The part where i'm sceptical is that i can't really see a strong reason for town not to claim in the first place.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »

I think i won't be able to write anything in the next ~16 hours, since my laptop is running low on battery and i forgot my charger at home -.-

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

unvote

I'm being far too jumpy. I think I'll just sit in a corner for a while and think about what I've done.
Gender happened.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »

unvote

I'm being far too jumpy. I think I'll just sit in a corner for a while and think about what I've done.

This is odd.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2015, 05:30:50 pm »

Everyone stop with the colors, please.  This game is already weird enough.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »

I think I believe both IG and Faust about the essentials of their roles.  If anyone was making stuff up, it'd be Faust, I guess, just based on experience.

I'm convinced Faust is definitely NOT town, which he admits.  I don't think he's SCUM, but he may be scum.

I think IG is town.  support: IG. I don't think he fakes that town tell of his.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2015, 05:46:22 pm »

...what town tell?  I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO VERIFY TOWN!IG PLS HALP.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2015, 05:55:23 pm »

EVIL POSSESSED TEXT

Could you explain why?

I think this is scummy. There are lots of people you don't have information on.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.