Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 92571 times)

xxpittip

• View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2015, 05:43:17 pm »

i won't hammer someone who wouldn't be hammered otherwise.

Shouldn't you hammer someone at L-1 when you think they're scum and they've had the chance to claim, even if you're the only one willing to hammer them?
What i meant was that i won't hammer someone, who wouldn't be hammered if i woudn't have my PR.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »

Just in case people don't see it since it's at the bottom of the last page(for me at least) . I misread my PM somehow and got the wrong word for how I get powered up. I only realized just now because my support count is 0 in my personal qt. It's actually support for me as well.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2015, 06:10:58 pm »

Support: IG
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

If faust is actually a third party nothing happens when i hammer him (but i won't be able to use my PR a second time). So i don't want to hammer faust (voting him is no problem), since the chance that he is town is pretty much 0 and there is nothing to be gained for me.
Just in case people don't see it since it's at the bottom of the last page(for me at least) . I misread my PM somehow and got the wrong word for how I get powered up. I only realized just now because my support count is 0 in my personal qt. It's actually support for me as well.
This seems pretty weird, but not really like a scummy thing... I still think it's almost certain that whoever is Chrysalis has a power that works like IG's and faust's claimed powers and i'd rather have no PRs than scum + town PRs (trying to get "support" like that seems more risky for scum than for town, so the possible scum powers are propably stronger)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2015, 06:32:36 pm »

I must have missed that part of the flavor. I'll read it when I get home.  It's an interesting mechanic for sure though with deciding who to support since scum might get buffed too.

I don't know how useful whatever power I'll get is though, but I think a strict "support no one"  policy kind of sucks. it makes things kind of boring too.  Maybe it was accounted for in the setup as well. what if there's a scum PR that is buffed/activated when no one gets supported?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2015, 08:57:59 pm »

Caught up.

This doesn't feel like a normal game at all, given some of the mechanics people are claiming.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2015, 08:59:45 pm »

Faust claims he wins after meeting 4 objectives out of 7, and one of those 7 is surviving.

I think knowing the objectives would be helpful.  Like, if there are 4 pro-town objectives, we can just meet them right away and lynch him.  He gets his win and town is better off.

That's if he's telling the truth.  And if he's telling the truth, he should have no problem with that plan.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2015, 09:31:56 pm »

Faust claims he wins after meeting 4 objectives out of 7, and one of those 7 is surviving.

I think knowing the objectives would be helpful.  Like, if there are 4 pro-town objectives, we can just meet them right away and lynch him.  He gets his win and town is better off.

That's if he's telling the truth.  And if he's telling the truth, he should have no problem with that plan.

I'm ok with this

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2015, 09:32:08 pm »

Support: IG

Isn't that kind of risky?

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »

Seems reasonable.

Darn complications...

vote:e
Gender happened.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:23 am »

I must have missed that part of the flavor. I'll read it when I get home.  It's an interesting mechanic for sure though with deciding who to support since scum might get buffed too.

I don't know how useful whatever power I'll get is though, but I think a strict "support no one"  policy kind of sucks. it makes things kind of boring too.  Maybe it was accounted for in the setup as well. what if there's a scum PR that is buffed/activated when no one gets supported?
That's an interesting thougt... It would make sense considering the flavor...
Can you explain how your PR works? How many supports do you need to get your power? Are there multiple stages of your power depending on how many supports you get?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 01, 2015, 03:23:55 am »

Sure.
1. I have no idea what my power is, but I will when I get it.
2. I need 6 people to support me. They don't have to be alive I don't think, I just need 6 different people (I don't count) to support me at some point.
3. I either have it or I don't, there's no gradation of ability.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 01, 2015, 04:24:06 am »

@faust - why would town want to help you achieve your objectives?

Because once I won, I can play this game as a townie. I cannot play this game as a member of the mafia, and just sitting around doing nothing would be boring.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 01, 2015, 04:37:29 am »

Okay, here's the objectives:

1) Survive the game.
2) Get 8 players to support me.
3) Survive a day without a single vote (sadly, this is no longer possible today :/ I guess I should have full-claimed right away).
4) Survive the game longer than a certain town PR. This is of course an anti-town objective. I have the name of a town PR in the game, and I must oulive them. The bonus is I can confirm that PR is in the game should it come to claiming.
5) At the start of each day, I may choose a player. If that player gets lynched, I reach this objective. Not sure if I should divulge my choice today, might influence votes in a bad way.
6) Hammer a Chaos-aligned player.
7) This is a bit odd. I chose two players. If exactly one of them is Chaos-aligned, I win win Chaos. Otherwise, I win with Harmony.

So realistically, 2 can be achieved today, 3 can be achieved tomorrow. 5 I can do if I'm good. 6 sadly gets in the way of pit's power. 4 just might happen.

I'm okay with you lynching me once I've reached 3 conditions. Then it's basically 50/50 whether or not condition 7 will be fulfilled, and I guess I can still achieve 5 if I'm dead.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2015, 04:39:03 am »

It's actually 7 players for condition 2. I misread somehow.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2015, 04:39:50 am »

2. I need 6 people to support me. They don't have to be alive I don't think, I just need 6 different people (I don't count) to support me at some point.

It's weird that our support numbers differ by 1.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2015, 04:50:42 am »

On second thoughts, I don't think it's a good idea to support IG or faust until one of them has flipped, because if one is telling the truth, the other is probably scum and vice versa.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 01, 2015, 04:54:39 am »

Okay, here's the objectives:

1) Survive the game.
2) Get 8 players to support me.
3) Survive a day without a single vote (sadly, this is no longer possible today :/ I guess I should have full-claimed right away).
4) Survive the game longer than a certain town PR. This is of course an anti-town objective. I have the name of a town PR in the game, and I must oulive them. The bonus is I can confirm that PR is in the game should it come to claiming.
5) At the start of each day, I may choose a player. If that player gets lynched, I reach this objective. Not sure if I should divulge my choice today, might influence votes in a bad way.
6) Hammer a Chaos-aligned player.
7) This is a bit odd. I chose two players. If exactly one of them is Chaos-aligned, I win win Chaos. Otherwise, I win with Harmony.

So realistically, 2 can be achieved today, 3 can be achieved tomorrow. 5 I can do if I'm good. 6 sadly gets in the way of pit's power. 4 just might happen.

I'm okay with you lynching me once I've reached 3 conditions. Then it's basically 50/50 whether or not condition 7 will be fulfilled, and I guess I can still achieve 5 if I'm dead.
If i get to hammer today, you can have all the remaining hammers (unless there are even more PRs who need to hammer someone).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 01, 2015, 04:59:38 am »

On second thoughts, I don't think it's a good idea to support IG or faust until one of them has flipped, because if one is telling the truth, the other is probably scum and vice versa.

Hmm, why do you think that?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Signups Closed, PM for Speccy)
« Reply #219 on: May 01, 2015, 05:51:45 am »

Vote count 1.4:

A Drowned Kernel (3): e, ashersky, Ichimaru Gin
e (3): Hydrad, chairs, Ghacob
ashersky (2): Pit, Joseph2302
Joseph2302 (1): Awaclus

Not voting (4): EFHW, faust, Seprix, ADK

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 8 May, 5 PM Forum Time.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2015, 06:25:25 am »

It sounds like one of you is Chrysalis, but you can't both be Chrysalis.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2015, 07:44:53 am »

It sounds like one of you is Chrysalis, but you can't both be Chrysalis.
I agree. My MLP knowledge is limited, but it sounds like you're both trying to be the same character. Hence, one of you is probably lying i.e. scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2015, 08:55:25 am »

Well, I'm not Chrysalis. I'm Discord, and you can know that, because obviously that's not the kind of name you'd get as a fake flavor claim.

So trusting you for now, I should probably vote: Ichi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2015, 08:58:48 am »

Interesting stuff.  I haven't been able to process all of the claims and everything that has happened yet, but will get to it over this weekend.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2015, 09:07:08 am »

What's the name of Pit? It's That Crisco Cretin isn't it?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.