Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42  All

Author Topic: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Mafia and Discord win)  (Read 90817 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2015, 12:22:38 am »

In fact, that looks like an entirely empty attempt to jump on a popular wagon. vote: chairs
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2015, 03:19:57 am »

There are things to come, soon. (When I've got the time)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M61: It's a Beautiful World (Signups Closed, PM for Speccy)
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2015, 04:06:25 am »

Vote count 1.1:

Ghacob (1): Joseph2302
A Drowned Kernel (4): 2.71828....., ashersky, Ichimaru Gin, chairs
2.71828..... (1): Hydrad
chairs (1): ADK

Not voting (6): Awaclus, EFHW, Ghacob, faust, Pit, Seprix

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 8 May, 5 PM Forum Time.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2015, 04:12:15 am »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2015, 08:48:08 am »

So I'm a bit confused, should I jump on the wagon or vote for who I think is actually an enemy person?
Gender happened.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2015, 08:50:36 am »

So I'm a bit confused, should I jump on the wagon or vote for who I think is actually an enemy person?

The latter sounds good.

I won't vote anyone on day1, unless they're at L-1. I need to be the one hammering today.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2015, 08:55:36 am »

That depends. Voting for who you think is actually scum is pretty much always good, but there are also reasons why you might want to jump on a wagon sometimes — putting pressure on that person so that you'll see their reaction to that can be pretty good D1 when there's not much else going on, or near the deadline it's good to jump on a wagon to make sure that at least someone gets lynched. But you might also want to avoid wagons of people you think are more likely to be town, because you would rather lynch someone you think is scum, and it's probably not going to look very good later if he gets lynched, flips town, and you had joined the wagon without a good reason.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2015, 08:58:22 am »

I won't vote anyone on day1, unless they're at L-1. I need to be the one hammering today.

How far are you willing to go to ensure you're the one hammering today? i.e. if, say, ADK gets to L-1 now, would you hammer him if you had the chance, just to make sure you won't miss?

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2015, 09:13:01 am »

How far are you willing to go to ensure you're the one hammering today? i.e. if, say, ADK gets to L-1 now, would you hammer him if you had the chance, just to make sure you won't miss?
No, i won't hammer unless either someone else says that he intends to hammer or when i agree that the person at L-1 is a good lynch.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

And I guess there's some PR involved. I mean, you might have this target on your back now.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2015, 09:52:34 am »

I'm apparently bad at reading sarcasm over the internet. Who here is actually serious about their votes?

Well, we're off to a strong start.

I agree that flavor name claiming is bad. The case on ADK is about as strong as any D1 case I've seen. vote: ADK.

I mean, the "case" against me is that I made the same statement that you made. So really, you should be voting for yourself.

I mean, usually when I self-vote I'm just being petulant. It's not like ashersky where an ashersky self-vote is a Town tell :P

If I'm going to be honest, though, I just wanted to see if anybody would shove on it for L-1 so we'd have data for D2 and someone to eyeball D1. Nobody did, so I'll just have to go back to gut voting, and my gut says vote: e I don't like interest rates.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2015, 10:09:05 am »

Okay, so here's the deal: I have a third-party role.

No killing, I win with anyone (it's a bit more complicated than that actually, but basically this). I'm still a town asset because I can scumhunt for you.

One of my win conditions is to have a lot of players post Support: faust in thread. It doesn't do anything but help me win. So if you could do that, I'll be grateful and do my best to find the scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2015, 10:30:35 am »

One of my win conditions is to have a lot of players post Support: faust in thread. It doesn't do anything but help me win. So if you could do that, I'll be grateful and do my best to find the scum.

It'd be nice if there was a way to confirm this.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2015, 11:23:59 am »

Who is your character?
Gender happened.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2015, 11:37:21 am »

I'm apparently bad at reading sarcasm over the internet. Who here is actually serious about their votes?

Well, we're off to a strong start.

I agree that flavor name claiming is bad. The case on ADK is about as strong as any D1 case I've seen. vote: ADK.

I mean, the "case" against me is that I made the same statement that you made. So really, you should be voting for yourself.

I mean, usually when I self-vote I'm just being petulant. It's not like ashersky where an ashersky self-vote is a Town tell :P

If I'm going to be honest, though, I just wanted to see if anybody would shove on it for L-1 so we'd have data for D2 and someone to eyeball D1. Nobody did, so I'll just have to go back to gut voting, and my gut says vote: e I don't like interest rates.

The fact that you jumped off my wagon for the sake of joke vote doesn't make me feel any better about you.

Always the second one.

Who is your character?

Yeah, this.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2015, 11:55:23 am »

FWIW I can assist with flavor stuff, I am a fan (although I think I'm not allowed to call myself a brony unless I go whole-hog on action figures, so... yeah, just going with fan).

@ADK: I don't really care if you "feel better" about me, what I care about is that we find some scum, and I'll joke vote if I want until we can get some action going!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2015, 12:46:48 pm »

Always the second one.
I think there is good reasoning to just push wagons for their own sake sometimes. Putting pressure on people is always good.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2015, 12:49:43 pm »

I don't think faust is lying about his role. I have a similar role (which I also can't fully disclose) where I get a power if a certain amount of people post encourage: Ichimaru Gin in the thread. The third-party part of his claim is kind of strange though. This is a regular setup, so what faction is he part of then?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2015, 12:52:02 pm »

I don't think faust is lying about his role. I have a similar role (which I also can't fully disclose) where I get a power if a certain amount of people post encourage: Ichimaru Gin in the thread. The third-party part of his claim is kind of strange though. This is a regular setup, so what faction is he part of then?

Survivor?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2015, 12:53:48 pm »

Checking the wiki, something akin to that makes the most sense given his explanation of his win conditions. I feel like I've been in only one game with survivor(s) before. Was it Dune 2?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2015, 12:56:50 pm »

I don't doubt that "supporting" faust actually does something. I'm not sure if the something is as harmless for town as he describes, though.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2015, 12:59:22 pm »

Yeah. The mechanic reminds me a bit of Ash's role in Lost--it could do something nasty.

I'll just claim the rest of my role I think. Which is that I don't know what my power is, but I get some ability when enough people encourage me.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2015, 01:04:44 pm »

No killing, I win with anyone (it's a bit more complicated than that actually, but basically this). I'm still a town asset because I can scumhunt for you.

Echoing the request: what is your flavor name?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2015, 02:01:19 pm »

I'm Discord.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2015, 02:15:21 pm »

I'm Discord.

vote: faust

well that sure was easy
Gender happened.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.