Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Worst Game Ever… Seriously  (Read 886 times)

dudeabides

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: dudeabides
  • Respect: +136
    • View Profile
Worst Game Ever… Seriously
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:37:14 pm »
+2

I fall flat on my face in this game.  Seriously the worst game I've ever played, and possibly the worst game anyone has ever played.  I'd like to blame it on luck.  But it was also me being stubborn and failing to adapt when my plan went awry.
Kingdom:
Transmute, Loan, Death Cart, Marauder, Scout, Minion, Mountebank, Outpost, Witch, Peddler

So my idea here was to open double Loan, buy Death Cart with first $4.  I get perfect luck on Turn 3, drawing 2 Coppers, 2 Loans and an Estate.  I trash 2 Coppers and get a Death Cart.  I'm not planning to buy Silvers, because I want a super thin deck.  I'm hoping to connect Death Cart with one of the Ruins to get a Mountebank and then get into Minions.

By Turn 12, I have only 9 cards in my deck, yet I still haven't connected Death Cart with either of the 2 Ruins.  I get frustrated and trash Death Cart to get a Minion.  My ruins are a Ruined Village and a Ruined Market.  I'm now hoping to connect Ruined Village and Minion, discard to draw Ruined Market and my Loan and Copper.  This would enable me to buy a Peddler.  I finally do this on Turn 31.  I went 18 turns without buying anything. 

Here's the log if you want to laugh at how terribly things went for me.
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150310/log.50ab1a76e4b02bf1d5a3c855.1426007165773.txt
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:42:08 pm by dudeabides »
jsh357: the dude doesn't need to explain himself

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Game Ever… Seriously
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 01:50:52 pm »

Hm... there are no Villages, so what's the plan with Minions+Mountebank+Death Cart?  Maybe Death Cart can connect you to Mountebank/Minion early, but so could Silver.  And to use Death Cart to get rid of junk, or as a payload, you have to (1) connect Death Cart with the junk, and (2) not play Mountebank that turn.  And when you draw Minion+Death Cart + Ruins, you have to decide whether to attack/cycle with Minion or trash the Ruins with Death Cart.

I think you probably can't go for a thin deck because of all the junkers: Marauder, Mountebank, Witch, and in a way Death Cart itself.  I might guess that trashing with Loan hurts you more than it helps you. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Game Ever… Seriously
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 01:51:59 pm »

Well maybe Loan can help counteract Mountebank; I'm not sure.  But then I'm not sure there's a great time to get it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.484 seconds with 20 queries.