Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How many games have you won playing BMU?  (Read 1751 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
How many games have you won playing BMU?
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:10:34 pm »

I think I've only won one, on Goko, I don't think it ever happened on isotropic.  There were a lot of fiddly things at 3-4$ that didn't improve BMU or create a legitimate engine so I skipped them.  I always hit 6$ instead of 5$ until 5$ was a Duchy.  So my strategy for the kingdom wasn't literally play BMU no matter what, but I ended up playing a strategy indistinguishable from BMU.

I really wish I remembered the kingdom.  The fact my opponent started delving into the really weak engine elements seemed to push me even more into BMU .

If anyone has a BMU win posting the kingdom would be cool

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: How many games have you won playing BMU?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:21:56 pm »

What were the 5s? If there was a terminal draw card than at some point one of those would be better than gold.

BMU is probably most common with some kingdom treasures added, and no half-decent terminals (even chancellor) or good cantrips.

I won playing BM-herbalist once on a 6/2 opening with baker coin token. I may have gotten a couple bakers though in addition to 3 herbalists. Unfortunately I didn't collide herbalist and gold on turn 3 or 4, that would have been awesome.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:31:07 pm »

What were the 5s? If there was a terminal draw card than at some point one of those would be better than gold.

BMU is probably most common with some kingdom treasures added, and no half-decent terminals (even chancellor) or good cantrips.

I won playing BM-herbalist once on a 6/2 opening with baker coin token. I may have gotten a couple bakers though in addition to 3 herbalists. Unfortunately I didn't collide herbalist and gold on turn 3 or 4, that would have been awesome.
No terminal draw, of course.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:47:46 pm »

I don't think it ever happened on isotropic.
I think it was an isotropic achievement thing?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 10:10:24 pm »

I don't think it ever happened on isotropic.
I think it was an isotropic achievement thing?
This was a helpful comment.  The isotropic achievement includes games where you bought kingdom treasures and kingdom VP, which I don't count as BMU in the sense that I meant.  But going to my councilroom page let me confirm that none of those game logs where I bought only treasure and VP were BMU wins.  So now I can say with certainty that I never won a game with BMU in my whole isotropic career (apparently, I never lost a game with BMU either, it recorded the losses too).

Isotropic didn't have Dark Ages and guilds which I think might have made it a bit more difficult to get a BMU game.  A lot of the elements of the trashing theme like Rats and Forager don't improve BMU, and then guilds.. well I'm not sure which way guilds goes, actually.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:12:04 pm by popsofctown »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 21 queries.