Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92  All

Author Topic: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (Town Wins!)  (Read 193428 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D2!)
« Reply #1800 on: March 31, 2015, 03:22:58 am »

The scum narrative for me?  You have to think I'm the biggest asshole in the world...fake fight, fake quitting, someone got Arch to fake seek a replacement, fake a result....all for what?  It's pretty early to be suiciding.

And to argue it's mylo?  No one, definitely not me, thought that at all.  Faust, as scum, would see it, I guess. Sounds like a signal to his unknown scum partner.

I think you're willing to replace out if it helps your faction. I remember a thread somewhere about soccer where you stated that it is okay to get a red card if it helps your team win. I don't see how this is any different.

Second paragraph is just bullshit. You're a good enough player to see this as either alignment. And why is scum!me more prone to realize this than town!me?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 31, 2015, 03:25:03 am »

As for Joseph's real role?  Dunno.  Could have an effect that weakens players (messes with results, ability to use, etc.).  That's manipulative and sort of fits his way of claiming a poisoner.  He mentioned that knife/bleeding thing, which was really weird.

So you think I'm obvscum, but you still want to hold up a scenario where Joseph's role name is really "Poisoner" so that, once I flip, you don't get instalynched?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 31, 2015, 03:25:54 am »

As for Joseph's real role?  Dunno.  Could have an effect that weakens players (messes with results, ability to use, etc.).  That's manipulative and sort of fits his way of claiming a poisoner.  He mentioned that knife/bleeding thing, which was really weird.

So you think I'm obvscum, but you still want to hold up a scenario where Joseph's role name is really "Poisoner" so that, once I flip, you don't get instalynched?

If you think that Joseph really could have this role name, then how is my reaction to all this scummy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 31, 2015, 03:28:36 am »

I'm more inclined to lynch one of faust/Joseph than ashersky today, because I agree that they're probably partners if one of them is scum. If ashersky is scum, then we still need to find his partner (although I think Ichi is a pretty good choice, but it's not as clear).

If I'm lynched, then chances are it's game over.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 31, 2015, 03:30:14 am »

But your "me or him" post came *before* Faust claimed his night action.  He had only voted you.  How could you know there wasn't a town!Faust explanation?

I knew from the moment I got my result PM that faust had to be the partner because of the way he'd been treating Joseph the entire time.  And he just solidified it when he was pushing for claiming order, then freaking out about me not claiming on time (way too concerned there, if you go back and look), and then his seagull poop response when I caught his partner.

It's me (and whoever is with me) vs. Joseph/Faust.  And then we need to find Hydrad's partner.
I'm confused, because I know I'm not lying, but ash has felt towny all game to me. Does that mean faust is scum? That still doesn't explain ash's night action thing.

There is a narrative where faust, claiming last always because we let him, can claim whatever he wants.

For example, his claim today.  He was given all the information he needed before claiming.  I mean, that is on us somewhat.  Investigative roles are definitely more trustworthy when claiming first.  Then if someone contradicts it is a clear "me vs you" scenario.

I thought most people had a town read on me anyway. It's important for roles like mine to claim last. And everyone knew I was going to target you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 31, 2015, 03:32:20 am »

Last but not least, it doesn't make any sense for town!ash to vote me over Joseph. He claims to know I'm investigative, and Joseph is manipulative, and he wants to kill the investigative role first, when it's plain obvious that the manipulative one can cause more damage when left alive? This is just a way for ash to be able to stick around one more day if needed.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1806 on: March 31, 2015, 03:38:06 am »

I'm more inclined to lynch one of faust/Joseph than ashersky today, because I agree that they're probably partners if one of them is scum. If ashersky is scum, then we still need to find his partner (although I think Ichi is a pretty good choice, but it's not as clear).

Aren't the chances that it's game over if we lynch town!ashersky, too? I'm too tired to try to understand what was the reason why we're at MyLo already (it's 10:30 AM and I haven't gone to bed yet), but I don't really see how it's different.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 31, 2015, 03:43:39 am »

Damn it, I'm a little less sure about faust now. There's time to figure this out though.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 31, 2015, 03:47:46 am »

Aren't the chances that it's game over if we lynch town!ashersky, too? I'm too tired to try to understand what was the reason why we're at MyLo already (it's 10:30 AM and I haven't gone to bed yet), but I don't really see how it's different.

Possibly, but ashersky is not town. I'm just saying that your argument for lynching Joseph/me over ash is bad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 31, 2015, 04:38:08 am »

Last but not least, it doesn't make any sense for town!ash to vote me over Joseph. He claims to know I'm investigative, and Joseph is manipulative, and he wants to kill the investigative role first, when it's plain obvious that the manipulative one can cause more damage when left alive? This is just a way for ash to be able to stick around one more day if needed.

If one of you is scum, both of you are scum.  Either of you flip town, I'm dead.  You make a good point that Joseph's power is possibly more dangerous at night to us than yours.  Too bad we don't know what his real power is, unlike you, as his partner.

I think you are BY FAR the stronger scum player out of the two of you, and if we are thinking logically about it, we definitely lynch you first.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1810 on: March 31, 2015, 04:56:36 am »

Possibly, but ashersky is not town. I'm just saying that your argument for lynching Joseph/me over ash is bad.

Well, when I have more time, I'm going to re-read and try to conclude which side seems scummier and then I'll probably put more weight on my reads than that argument, but so far both you and ashersky have been town reads for me so I needed something else.

The argument is not bad. I mean, actually using the argument isn't the best thing ever, but the argument itself is not flawed. If both of you have exactly 50% chances of being scum each, and we lose if we mislynch, then we need to arbitrarily lynch one of you and hope we hit scum. Regardless of who we choose, if it's wrong, we probably lose. If we choose ashersky and he is the right choice, then we survive, but we still need to find ashersky's partner. If we choose you and you're the right choice, then we survive, and we already can guess your partner as well. Now, all of this isn't completely true because we could have pretty good guesses at ashersky's partner as well and it's not impossible that Joseph is town even if you're scum, and the PRs also make it a bit more complicated, but still, it is better to correctly lynch you than ashersky because your correct lynch leaves town with more useful information than ashersky's correct lynch.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 31, 2015, 05:52:46 am »

?? ?? where is all this mylo talking coming from? we lynched one scum day1, we're at day2, how is this mylo?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 31, 2015, 08:32:38 am »

?? ?? where is all this mylo talking coming from? we lynched one scum day1, we're at day2, how is this mylo?

Day 3.  The title hasn't been changed, but remember we lynched town yesterday.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:04 am »

But yeah, 3/9 are scum.  We can only assume 2 people are primed for death by scum, plus if joseph is telling the truth and all then 2 more are primed to die....

which takes us to 3/5, unless one of the people poisoned/NKed happens to be scum.  Which is not outside the realm of possibility. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 31, 2015, 08:36:25 am »

That being the worst case scenario.  Also, sorry, haven't had a chance to really go back and look at faust/Ash/Joseph and all that. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: March 31, 2015, 08:39:42 am »

oups, right, it's day 3.

so, the mylo talk is under the assumption that Joseph posioned 2 towns. Now I get it.

though, even then, I think scum doesn't know which player was attacked by the other team, so they can't effectively kill both primed targets tonight

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 31, 2015, 09:48:33 am »

Maybe people should actually just kill me? Although I'm town, if everyone thinks my reads are that bad, then I'm probably actually just helping scum out.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 31, 2015, 09:51:36 am »

Maybe people should actually just kill me? Although I'm town, if everyone thinks my reads are that bad, then I'm probably actually just helping scum out.

Well, the XP kill was bad~, but I'm not sure about these choices.

Why do you think e and Chairs are scum?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 31, 2015, 10:23:22 am »

Sorry I've been MIA.  We went to the dr yesterday, then to hospital, now I am a daddy.  I will ask to be replaced if possible.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:54 am »

Sorry I've been MIA.  We went to the dr yesterday, then to hospital, now I am a daddy.  I will ask to be replaced if possible.

Hooray!  When will Stools start playing Mafia?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 31, 2015, 11:31:17 am »

Hooray!  When will Stools start playing Mafia?
Well, we could always replace chairs with Tables.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 31, 2015, 11:38:29 am »

Well, the XP kill was bad~, but I'm not sure about these choices.

Why do you think e and Chairs are scum?
e was part of the big plan yesterday, which was something like I poison e, some people do other stuff, and someone (faust?) can confirm I'm not lying. Except this doesn't work, because people don't seem to trust faust now.
I had a null/town feeling/read on basically every active player in this game, and I thought chairs could have been scummy. Plus I figured that if I was wrong, we wouldn't lose much, since chairs hasn't been contributing that much (which is completely understandable).
However, as I got a message from chairs, it seems like his role claim was completely genuine, and so that makes me feel townier about him.

Basically, this game is confusing and I don't feel like my choices have been very good, and if they haven't then I'm probably just helping scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 31, 2015, 11:40:34 am »

Well, honestly I kind of like the Chairs one, because he's hard to read and hasn't done anything to scream town. 

And, yeah, we did have the plan on e.

I find myself believing Joseph.  Which game was he scum in?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 31, 2015, 12:08:40 pm »

Well, honestly I kind of like the Chairs one, because he's hard to read and hasn't done anything to scream town. 

And, yeah, we did have the plan on e.

I find myself believing Joseph.  Which game was he scum in?
The Holiday one (M55?) and traitor in the Futurama one (M56?).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM23: Deus Ex Machina (D3!)
« Reply #1824 on: March 31, 2015, 04:13:34 pm »

Also of note: Faust was promptly in favor of the mass claim.  Would he being partners with Joseph where they didn't discuss possible fake claims before influence him here?  Partner!Joseph makes a weird claim and Faust immediately sees how to use it?  Probably not, he seemed too prepared.

Well, Faust need not be lying about his role as scum.. he can just have that role, as scum.  Based on his actions day 1, I'm tempted to believe he actually has the role he claims.  So what.. in that case, he knows immediately that the one thing scum!him can do is cover/frame people with his ability.  I feel like he has to bring this up in scum QT, and the fakeclaim discussion has to happen.

So, back to the original question.. why does scum!Faust think partner!Joseph's claim is good?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 92  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.