Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Smugglers versus Taxman in FG game  (Read 1111 times)

polot38

• Baron
  • Respect: +35
    • View Profile
Smugglers versus Taxman in FG game
« on: February 22, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »

So i recently played a game where both me and my opponent went for fool's gold BM, and i chose as an enabler taxman, while my opponent chose smugglers. Of course, there were other factors at play, and the difference between smugglers and taxman probably didn't end up changing the result of the game, but i am wondering; in general, (presuming that the opponent isn't going for an engine, because if they were taxman would be a far better FG enabler), which sounds like a better FG enabler?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Smugglers versus Taxman in FG game
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 02:08:11 pm »
+3

Taxman.

Smugglers relies on your opponent also going for Fool's Gold, and Taxman handily gets rid of your icky Coppers.  Also, if you (happenstance forbid) lose the FG split, you can use Taxman to turn FG into Silver and force your opponent to discard them.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Smugglers versus Taxman in FG game
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 04:29:13 pm »

Yeah.  Part of Smuggler's upside is when the game will be forced into lots of Duchy dancing.  FG games don't have much Duchy dancing.

Tax-E-E-C-C can't double FG while Smug-eecc can.. But I think the stuff wero talked about adds up enough to make that risk worth it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:30:30 pm by popsofctown »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.796 seconds with 21 queries.