Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Like How Did I win this!!!!! :)  (Read 2570 times)

Juice2403

• Baron
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Like How Did I win this!!!!! :)
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:12:35 am »

Code: [Select]
Stonemason, Scrying Pool, Steward, Warehouse, Conspirator, Silk Road, City, Laboratory, Tactician, Altar

I have no idea how I won this match and I know for a fact i messed up somewhere. When i Stonemasoned turn 10 it was meant to buy Cites and I accidentally did it for Altar :( but I have fun playing this board but mistakes were made. Point them out so i can reevaluate my play and look it over. Help!!!!!

LOG: http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150206/log.539fb259e4b0de4c2f3c49ea.1423210139206.txt
I (WORK HARD) for what I want!

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
Re: Like How Did I win this!!!!! :)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:54:22 am »

One huge thing is the opening... having a 5/2 is quite horrible here. So you already were in a decent position from the start. Also I agree with your opening buys.

Silver on turn 4 sounds like a mistake though. I don't think you want any money cards here. $3 should be Steward or Warehouse, $4 should be Conspirator. The turn 6 Tactician is a mistake as well; the engine is strong enough to draw your deck here anyway, Tactician won't do much for you except providing +1 buy... I don't think that's good enough.

It certainly helped that your opponent ended the game while behind, but your deck was in a better state anyway at this point.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Juice2403

• Baron
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:09:30 am »

One huge thing is the opening... having a 5/2 is quite horrible here. So you already were in a decent position from the start. Also I agree with your opening buys.

Silver on turn 4 sounds like a mistake though. I don't think you want any money cards here. $3 should be Steward or Warehouse, $4 should be Conspirator. The turn 6 Tactician is a mistake as well; the engine is strong enough to draw your deck here anyway, Tactician won't do much for you except providing +1 buy... I don't think that's good enough.

It certainly helped that your opponent ended the game while behind, but your deck was in a better state anyway at this point.

Yea you're right. I was thinking as the silver to get the bigger cards like an alter but warehouse conspirator would have been good.
I (WORK HARD) for what I want!

brian.marcy

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:05 am »

I'm a newbie so feel free to bash me.

Did you ever consider the stonemason overpay earlier?

Agree w/ the Turn 4 steward instead of silver.
Turn 5: use steward for +2 coin, buy stonemason, overpay 2P, get 2x scrying pools?
Turn 6:  I'm not very good at tactician but, I would be getting city in case my turn 4 steward collides.
Turn 8: overpay stonemason again to get 2x conspirator or 2x pool?

I think I'd still consider a tactician despite not being good at it.  You could be doing a double tactician using stewards/conspirator for $.  Use altar for gaining then use stonemason to trash into 2 cards and repeat.  Lots of different options leading to a three pile for sure.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 01:48:05 am »

I admittedly try to make double Tactician work more often than I should, but is Scrying Pool really better than double Tactician here?

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 04:03:18 am »

One huge thing is the opening... having a 5/2 is quite horrible here.
With stonemason it's not so bad. Overpay 3 and get steward+warehouse.

I admittedly try to make double Tactician work more often than I should, but is Scrying Pool really better than double Tactician here?
They're not mutually exclusive.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 05:44:15 am »

They're not mutually exclusive.

Well it's pretty hard to get more Scrying Pools once you have double Tac going, and getting both seems a bit redundant.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:54 pm »

I really have no idea whether Tact or Pool gets you going faster here, but I'm leaning towards Pool. If Tact does start up faster, I'd guess 1-2 turns faster at most, but Pool will give you more draw than the Lab stack, which gives better guarantees in the endgame. The ability to for example use Stonemason on $6+ costs to get as many Cities as you can, then draw them all with one Pool is nice.

I think ideal play here is that you go for Pool, then use Altar to get 1 Tact at some point. You use the Tact more for the +Buy than the extra cards.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.222 seconds with 20 queries.