Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another tool: Kingdom Analyzer  (Read 8140 times)

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
Another tool: Kingdom Analyzer
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:39:19 pm »
+4

http://www.2pih.com/synergyFinder.php

Usage: Paste the log URL in, hit submit.
What it does: Uses Goko Salvager's Kingdom Visualizer to display the kingdom. It then iterates through all the cards in the kingdom for possible synergies, and possible engine components and outputs them.

NOTES:
This tool is in serious, serious beta right now, and takes an extremely naive approach to both determining synergies and finding engine components. This is obviously not meant to be a replacement for good solid kingdom analysis. Rather, it's a quick-and-dirty way to look at a Kingdom and possibly find things that you might not have seen when you first played the game.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
Re: Another tool: Kingdom Analyzer
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 05:54:50 pm »
+3

Counterfeit combos with fortress.   ;D

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »
+2

Counterfeit combos with fortress.   ;D

It's so good it find combos that aren't even possible for mere mortals

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:02:19 pm »
+1

And apparently Feast combos with Gardens.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:14:46 pm »
+5

And apparently Feast combos with Gardens.

Duh: you trash Feast to gain Gardens.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 07:15:03 pm »
+5

Of course. If you buy all 10 feasts, each of your gardens is worth one extra point. Synergy right there.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

jaketheyak

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +613
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 07:24:39 pm »
+1

Under possible engine components it lists Rats as a source of "thinning".  :o

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 07:29:05 pm »
+11

Under possible engine components it lists Rats as a source of "thinning".  :o

If your deck is all Rats you can draw the whole thing every turn, that is like the ultimate engine.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 07:34:04 pm »

Feast lets you delay deciding whether you want that mountebank or that market to see what your opponent goes for to decide if you want to go gardens.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 07:37:23 pm »
+2

Feast lets you delay deciding whether you want that mountebank or that market to see what your opponent goes for to decide if you want to go gardens.

That's an anti-synergy, actually. You should not play those feasts; if you do, your opponent can gain them from the trash with graverobber to increase the worth of her own gardens.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 07:38:45 pm »
+2

That's an anti-synergy, actually. You should not play those feasts; if you do, your opponent can gain them from the trash with graverobber to increase the worth of her own gardens.
feast --> graverobber, use graverobber to play the same feast over and over again for more graverobbers/markets, super gardens combo.

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 07:41:30 pm »
+3

A Kings Courted Feast combined with Highway will get you nine cards when you buy Border Village and gain Duchy plus Duchess...

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 07:45:13 pm »
+3

A Kings Courted Feast combined with Highway will get you nine cards when you buy Border Village and gain Duchy plus Duchess...

Nonononono. You are gaining 2 catacombs and 1 cultists from the Border Villages, which you are trashing with watchtower to activate market squares (which you redraw from the on-trash effect of Cultists), and you are gaining death carts from your catacombs, for a boatload of cards.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 07:47:54 pm »
+11

Nonononono. You are gaining 2 catacombs and 1 cultists from the Border Villages, which you are trashing with watchtower to activate market squares (which you redraw from the on-trash effect of Cultists), and you are gaining death carts from your catacombs, for a boatload of cards.
...I play gold, silver, 3 copper, buy a province?

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 06:41:54 am »
+1

So on a more serious note - this is what I mean by it taking an extremely naive approach to synergies and engines. Basically I just went through each card, listed its obvious effects, and listed any synergistic effects I could think of. Obviously I need some kind of conditional operator in there, e.g. Gardens synergizes with "gain WITHOUT trash". And also some card-type specific modifiers, e.g. Fortress synergizes with "Trash(Actions)", or Watchtower synergizes with "Discard(from Hand)".

Here is the 'database' it's using right now. Are there any synergies I'm missing, or modifiers that would make it more effective, or other general feedback?

P.S. (I'm into Javascript these days because it's fairly easy for others to look at the code and modify it it in order to play around with it.)

http://jsfiddle.net/xsov1g8x/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:12:51 pm by TheExpressicist »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:08 pm »
+5

Watchtower synergizes with "Discard(from Hand)". EVERYTHING
FTFY

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 05:08:30 pm »
+4

FTFY

Liopoil's Win% when Watchtower is gained: 56.1%
Liopoil's Win% when Watchtower is ignored: 100% 
;D

Pay no attention to the small sample size!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 05:09:53 pm »

Holy crap that's a lot to scroll through.  But I think you should add anti-synergies - e.g. Poor House with Treasures.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

TheExpressicist

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »

Holy crap that's a lot to scroll through.  But I think you should add anti-synergies - e.g. Poor House with Treasures.

updated it to link externally, rather than dumping all that in one post

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 05:15:37 pm »
+1

FTFY

Liopoil's Win% when Watchtower is gained: 56.1%
Liopoil's Win% when Watchtower is ignored: 100% 
;D

Pay no attention to the small sample size!
Just because it synergizes with everything doesn't mean you should always get it. However, since it is my favorite card, I get it over 90% of the time, which is excessive. Whenever I don't get watchtower it must be obviously bad, and if I'm playing well enough to resist getting watchtower, I'll probably play well enough to win. (But this is small samplesize, sorry). I get it more often than I should, hence the lower than average winrate with it. It still synergizes with everything*

*Okay, 1/3 of everything. See my article for a comprehensive list. Except that list omits cards that only weakly combo with watchtower and only in the perfect circumstance. I could come up with a mostly nonsense reason that a card combos with watchtower for almost every card.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 05:24:24 pm »
+1

*Okay, 1/3 of everything. See my article for a comprehensive list. Except that list omits cards that only weakly combo with watchtower and only in the perfect circumstance. I could come up with a mostly nonsense reason that a card combos with watchtower for almost every card.[/size]

Library?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »
+1

*Okay, 1/3 of everything. See my article for a comprehensive list. Except that list omits cards that only weakly combo with watchtower and only in the perfect circumstance. I could come up with a mostly nonsense reason that a card combos with watchtower for almost every card.[/size]

Library?
That's easy. Using both in a draw-to-X engine can be good. Library let's you choose whether or not to put watchtower in hand, depending on if you want to use it's reaction or not. It also is another price point for when you need another draw-to-x card so you don't have to overpay for watchtower. Playing a watchtower with 7 cards in hand is also a way to decrease your handsize for playing another library. Watchtower topdecking library+disappearing village is very good as well.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »
+1

Playing a watchtower with 7 cards in hand is also a way to decrease your handsize for playing another library.

+1

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 05:41:52 pm »
+1

You should have it say that scout combos with everything ;D
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.049 seconds with 21 queries.