Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Always Losing.  (Read 14126 times)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: Always Losing.
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 03:06:10 pm »
+1

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?/20150116/log.5139535be4b0cd4b5a40dccd.1421474488643.txt

This one stung. I think what I should have done was first off, NOT buy Squire. I didn't want more Silver, but I should have just gotten nothing there I think. Also, I for sure did not get enough Bridges early on. I think my buying was not optimal, though I rallied for this awesome comeback for a second there. In the end, he won. It's hard to overcome a 3 Province deficit, and I didn't want to Green yet because I just wasn't ready, I felt.

There's no reason to buy Provinces until you are winning the game. As the engine player you have access to a massive pile of points from Bishop that your opponent can't get. You can buy Golds and Haggle 5 costs and play multiple Bishops (trashing Golds) a turn until you catch up with your opponent and then buy the Provinces. Stef wrote a game report about this exact scenario:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=12354.0

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: Always Losing.
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 03:10:41 pm »

Just one word to those accusing Seprix' question of being rude: Asking why you are always losing recently doesn't imply you think that all your opponents are morons. It just implies that you don't think they all became much better than you overnight. Which is reasonable, i might add.

In defense of those people, before he edited the OP, it called people he lost to all the time "complete idiots", which does indeed imply that.

Oh. That changes things.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.288 seconds with 20 queries.