Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Corrections to some wiki articles  (Read 15765 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Re: Corrections to some wiki articles
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2015, 05:09:15 pm »

So should the Scout page say "You'll never want to buy this card"?

I'm *so* looking forward to 30 more "How does this combo with Scout?" threads.  I don't think we ever did one for Prince.

Prince actually DOES help to remedy some of the problems certain "nombos" have, mostly a lack of +actions or the need to play a card very often. Scout fits in neither category and so i assume it would still be one of the worst princeable cards.

Hey, Princing Scout *does* give you +Actions.  But I'm sure spending the time getting to $8 then lining it up with Scout would probably be outpaced by whatever else is on the board by that point if there's no other engine potential.

I would consider princing scout against a rabble engine.  Not that I would ever actually do that because that would mean I have to buy scout, and I wouldn't waste a buy on scout.
A Princed-Scout / Rabble engine actually seems quite viable, since the Scouts provide actions to play the Rabbles, which your opponent can't easily counter without building the same engine himself. You probably need something else in there as support to really make it better than Rabble+BM, true.

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 06:41:19 pm »

There is one Province left.
The Peddler pile is empty.
You are behind by 3 points on your Outpost turn.
You play a Village, and now have a hand containing Cutpurse, Outpost, and Scout.
Playing Cutpurse reveals your opponent's hand of Swindler, Silver, Silver, Silver, Estate.
Saddened by your opponents purchasing power, you play your last hope, Scout, which Reveals a Peddler, 2 Golds, and a Silver.
You realize the amazing anti-Swindler effect of Scout and are pleased that it has once again proved it is the best card in Dominion and allowed you to snatch victory from the jaws of Defeat.
You put your Peddler back first, and then your treasures.
You play Outpost to limit your Clean-up Phase drawing to 3 cards, and buy an Estate.

And then you win on your Outpost turn and draw the Peddler?

No it's already an outpost turn. You play a second outpost to get the 3-card hand, but you don't get the extra turn.

Oh, that makes sense.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 01:31:07 pm »

I've been adding some articles on game mechanics.  Feel free to contribute thoughts of your own.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.482 seconds with 21 queries.