Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Black Market makes things weird... o.O  (Read 1689 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
Black Market makes things weird... o.O
« on: December 20, 2011, 12:46:18 am »

This is the weirdest (and closest) game I think I've ever played on isotropic.  Getting a Sea Hag, a Harem and a Tactician out of the Black Market (and no villages at all) was just surreal.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201112/19/game-20111219-214238-ae554bfa.html

Anyone else had Black Market lead to Dali-esque matches?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Re: Black Market makes things weird... o.O
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 02:33:04 am »

Yes, I had one the other day. It doesn't appear to be up on Council Room yet, so I don't have the exact data, but here's the gist:

I had a 5/2 opening--I don't remember my 5, but I picked up Embargo on Turn 2. My opponent goes for Black Market with his 3/4 opening. I looked at the Black Market deck, saw Tournament, and panicked. I did NOT want my opponent pulling Tournament! Impulsively, I Embargoed the Provinces, thinking that might help slow a Tournament strategy... and then I notice that Fairgrounds are in play, which are of course perfect for a Black Market deck. And I've sabotaged the Provinces! I hurry to grab all the Fairgrounds I can, and pick up my own Black Market.

In the end, my opponent's Fairgrounds were worth way more, but we split them 5/3 in my favor. I buy a couple Provinces (despite the curses), and eek out a surprising win.

But man, we practically bought out the Black Market deck.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:04:01 am »

I had an opponent pull at least two (and I think all three) pieces of the KC-Masq-Goons combo on me once. Yeah...
Actually, if I could find that game, it would be on greatest isotropic moments, but I don't know a good way to search my bajilion games for it...

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:43:27 am »

I had an opponent pull at least two (and I think all three) pieces of the KC-Masq-Goons combo on me once. Yeah...
Actually, if I could find that game, it would be on greatest isotropic moments, but I don't know a good way to search my bajilion games for it...

This one?

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110801-103316-75201699.html

No Masquerade, but pulling KC and Goons from the BM deck would have me considering resigning, especially with Tactician and Expand on board.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:14:47 am »

How about this bizarre game from ages ago with black market, ambassadors, saboteurs, and tacticians. It was so long ago that I hadn't seen much of tactician/black market and had to 'remember' it mid game. I can specifically remember though that I lost the game (amongst other reasons) by having {Lighthouse, Tactician, Province, Shanty Town, Silver.} in hand when my opponent played a ghost ship, so I put the lighthouse and tactician on top of the deck. This wouldn't be a problem except my fingers were too fast on the button next turn and played the shanty town before the display was updated, before I could see the lighthouse put into in hand by the caravan played on the previous turn.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110304-180527-a5be6aeb.html
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.