Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Tributary - seven fan cards.  (Read 20471 times)

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Tributary - seven fan cards.
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »

For my own edification, I tweaked Endowment and Outskirts to address some of the concerns with each. And I think they're better cards for it.

First, Outskirts:

Outskirts: Victory - Reaction, $3
Worth 1VP for every 3 cards with more than one type in your deck (rounded down).
----------
When another player plays an Attack card, you may reveal and then discard this card from your hand. If you do, gain a copy of the Attack card.

I basically nerfed the Reaction and strengthened the Victory by removing the ability to gain the card wherever you like and lowering the cost. The gaining thing was a cute idea, but didn't make the Reaction that much stronger. And by lowering the cost to $3, the Victory maths are more in line with Tunnel/Great Hall rather than Gardens/Silk Road.

For Endowment:

Endowment: Treasure, $6, worth $2
$2 [large coin]
+1 VP token
----------
If this card is trashed, you may return 1 VP token to the Supply. If you do, gain a Duchy.

In addition to adding a horizontal line and rewording the trashing mechanic (good call, Tables), I nerfed the "reverse-Bishopping" to gain a Duchy instead of a Province by returning one VP token rather than two. I think this makes Endowment more of a Silver-with-a-bonus mid-game and a VP bumper late-game rather than a strategy unto itself. It also simultaneously takes care of the potential rules wonkiness Octo brought up that occurs if you feed an Endowment to your Bishop with, say a King's Court. (If it's only 1VP token you have to return, you're gaining that anyway with the Bishop.)

Now I just need to figure out what to do with Hero…
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 07:18:11 pm »

Such pretty cards X_X I wish I could do artwork like that.

If the vanquisher theme should be kept intact, one thing I'd try is making an attacking card that hands out curses, then have a setup rule for both that puts them both in.

Hero: Action, $5
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
Trash two Curses. If you do, gain a Prize (from the Prize pile) or a Duchy, putting it into your hand.
______

Setup: If it isn't already present, add the Villain card pile to the Supply.

Villain: Action, $6

Discard all Hero cards from your hand (or reveal a hand with no Heroes). If you didn't discard any cards this way, each other player discards down to 2 cards in hand, then gains a Curse, putting it in his hand.

You can't buy this or play it if you have Heroes in play.
______

Setup: If it isn't already present, add the Hero card pile to the Supply.

Well the counterpart card I've proposed is too crazy as is, but hopefully the general idea comes across.

Similarly you could have a setup rule for Hero that designates one of piles as being Accursed (put an Embargo token on this pile to keep track I guess), and buying an Accursed card nets you a Curse as well (but luckily the Hero is here to defeat evil).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:26:03 pm by FishingVillage »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 07:08:40 pm »

Sorry to perform thread necromancy, but do you have any plans of adding to this once Dark Ages and Guilds come out?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Auto-Destruct Sequence

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 02:45:01 pm »
+1

Sorry to perform thread necromancy, but do you have any plans of adding to this once Dark Ages and Guilds come out?

I would love to see a dark ages card added to this set. Actually after Guilds comes out you could have a full set of 27 if you made your theme be this: Three cards that match each set. You could even include one card for each sub theme in a set considering there are typically around three sub themes in a set. Heck, anything to convince you to make more of these cards.

Thanks for your hard work.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:46:14 pm by Auto-Destruct Sequence »

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2012, 03:18:59 pm »

Such pretty cards X_X I wish I could do artwork like that.

If the vanquisher theme should be kept intact, one thing I'd try is making an attacking card that hands out curses, then have a setup rule for both that puts them both in.

Hero: Action, $5
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
Trash two Curses. If you do, gain a Prize (from the Prize pile) or a Duchy, putting it into your hand.
______

Setup: If it isn't already present, add the Villain card pile to the Supply.

Villain: Action, $6

Discard all Hero cards from your hand (or reveal a hand with no Heroes). If you didn't discard any cards this way, each other player discards down to 2 cards in hand, then gains a Curse, putting it in his hand.

You can't buy this or play it if you have Heroes in play.
______

Setup: If it isn't already present, add the Hero card pile to the Supply.

Well the counterpart card I've proposed is too crazy as is, but hopefully the general idea comes across.

Similarly you could have a setup rule for Hero that designates one of piles as being Accursed (put an Embargo token on this pile to keep track I guess), and buying an Accursed card nets you a Curse as well (but luckily the Hero is here to defeat evil).

And, it doesn't hurt that with a rule like this, you add to the Cornucopia variety theme by potentially getting 12 kingdom cards out there.

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 11:22:04 pm »

Such an old thread, lol.

I just don't like Potion Market at all.  For the cost of 5P, what a bleh card.  Possession at 6P is (IMO) the "strongest" card in the game, and is extremely different than any other card in the game.  Golem at 4P lets you dig through to not just find 2 actions, but play 2 actions.  The problem with Potion Market, is it is seemingly a card you want early (so you can get lots of them and spam them).  The problem is at 5P you realistically won't be able to get one till turn 7 or 8 if you're lucky, and play it first on what, turn 10?  This is the same problem Possession has, but instead of the chance of getting to play your opponents deck... you get a Market.  And if you happen to draw it with your potion, you draw 2 more cards and get $2 (which is nice).

I'd recommend a small change to make the card more worthwhile at the price point, ie:

Potion Market
Action-Attack
$5P
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
+1 Potion
+1 Buy
Each opponent places a card from their hand on their deck, or gains a curse, placing it on the deck.
You may discard a Potion.  If you do, +1 Card, +1 Action, +$1

I'm not sure, just seems too un-gamechanging for the price.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:23:11 pm by Powerman »
A man on a mission.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.