Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reaction - ruins  (Read 1042 times)

Dr Who

• Swindler
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Reaction - ruins
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:04:48 pm »

I read the thread at the top about things not to do. One of those things was allow you to take from the trash. Well that got me thinking: how about:
---
Ruins  - cost $2

Action/reaction

You may trash a card from your hand.

After any other player resolves an attack, you may trash a card. Shuffle the trash deck. You may choose for the attacker to gain the top card of the trash deck.
---

I thought this would be interesting, espeically since it would play very differently in witch games (where curses are in the trash) the compared with upgrade games (where quite good things can be in the trash). Then again, in Swindler and Sabeutoeur games there might even be provinces in the trash!

hockeysemlan

• Steward
  • If you're in Gothenburg: Meet me in the Dungeon.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction - ruins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:23:20 am »

It's a nice way to get closer to a "revenge- moat" (the attacker get hits by the same attack he played) which Donald already has refused earlier. The problem, with the attack- cards on the board being much less desirable, is still there though. I sure wouldn't want to ever buy a spy when ruins on the table, just sayin'. Still I like the idea and all, just can't figure a way to come round the problem.   
No win is caused by luck. Not a single one. Losses on the other hand...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.395 seconds with 21 queries.