Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]  All

Author Topic: M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!  (Read 106489 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M54: Musical Mafia - GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN!
« Reply #1250 on: January 03, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »

Also ww I was worried you weren't going to get here in time to hammer.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: January 03, 2015, 10:55:46 pm »

MVP goes to Teproc, of course. Not only because he succesfully lead the Town into lynching all the lurkers, but because he garnered almost no suspicion doing so.

Hope people liked the setup! I thought it was fairly balance with a bit more power in Town's hands. But I think Town should be slightly more powerful in closed games because scum can really easily fakeclaim (and turns out Town can too!). What really killed them this game was the amount of lurking. It was basically just lynching lurkers until D4 were scum had controlled the Town enough to solidify a mislynch. I think this game is a good example of how scum can easily win if they are able to take control of the Town and lead it's lynches. Especially if they don't get much flak for doing so and can hide behind the excuse of "well, they were lurkers".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: January 03, 2015, 11:01:32 pm »

right, so stop lurking in future games.

and stop lynching pit.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: January 03, 2015, 11:02:35 pm »

in terms of reads this game was a complete trainwreck.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: January 03, 2015, 11:07:24 pm »

Also, I told Teproc I'd talk about this after the game had finished, so here we go: How lenient should mods be with vote syntax? I didn't realize that a space before the colon was common outside of the United States (or maybe it's a European thing?), but if someone tells me before the game starts that it's easier for them to have "Vote : Archetype" count for Vote Counts, I'm totally ok with letting that count. My issue was allowing it mid game as a mod action like that could influence someone's read on him. Probably just being over-concerned, but I don't like to make rules changes once the game has begun based on someone's request.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 03, 2015, 11:15:34 pm »

I don't like playing scum.  But, it's fun when you win.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:19 pm »

I'd say, count vote: playername, vote:playername, vote : playername and vote:obviousNickForPlayerName

don't count vote playername, vote: playername, vot: playername, vote:: playername, votte: playername, or really anything that isn't the stuff above.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: January 03, 2015, 11:32:39 pm »

and stop lynching pit.

says the guy that was a huge part of lynching pit on day 1 in his first game :P.

But ya thats really why i dislike lynching newer players as I don't want them to feel discouraged and quit.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: January 03, 2015, 11:52:24 pm »

Man, I really like hugo's role.  So simple and interesting.  We should use that role in future games.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 04, 2015, 04:11:18 am »

Man, Teproc had me fooled.

Up until the flip I was just as "convinced" that Ichi was scum. Huh.

I didn't realize that a space before the colon was common outside of the United States (or maybe it's a European thing?)

Only in France, as far as I know. I think the voting syntax should ignore spaces and capitalization (as long as you don't write something ridiculous, like VoTe         :       Whoe vEr)
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: January 04, 2015, 09:43:15 am »

and stop lynching pit.

says the guy that was a huge part of lynching pit on day 1 in his first game :P.

But ya thats really why i dislike lynching newer players as I don't want them to feel discouraged and quit.

I was scum there... that doesn't count.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 04, 2015, 10:15:27 am »

I'd say, count vote: playername, vote:playername, vote : playername and vote:obviousNickForPlayerName

don't count vote playername, vote: playername, vot: playername, vote:: playername, votte: playername, or really anything that isn't the stuff above.

What about vpte:?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 04, 2015, 11:53:07 am »

Vote: Witgerweaver and Vote: WW are both illegal.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 04, 2015, 11:53:46 am »

I mean Vote: Witherweaver

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 04, 2015, 02:31:58 pm »

Yay, we won !

Also yay, first MVP in a normal game !

Also, sorry Ichi. My case was mostly genuine, though I didn't try very hard to look elsewhere (though I pretended to).

Glad to have fooled the speccy too :D

Thanks to Arch, that was an interesting setup. We got very, very lucky with sudgy and silver, JOAT was probably the strongest town asset in the game. The Bodyguard variant ADK had was pretty cool too.

Oh, and chairs : what exactly were you trying to achieve with your fakeclaim ? Basically I'm assuming you were trying to get lynched with scum hammering, but Beloved Princess didn't change anything to the lynch math since we were at mylo, so why ?

As far as votecounts go, it looks like it's a French-only thing, which means it's a me-only thing here, so I'd say stick to the strict syntax. It annoyed me briefly, but I pay more attention now to it and it's just fine.

Final note : this game is a textbook example for why lurking is antitown, yet lynching lurkers isn't that great either. Ichi did a post count in day 2, and the three scum were in top 4 posters I think.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 04, 2015, 04:32:11 pm »

I actually didn't think Ichi seemed scummy at all.. I mean, hard to say if I would have thought differently as town, but I thought he seemed normal here. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 04, 2015, 04:43:29 pm »

Oh yeah, funny thing too.  I was going to claim 1-shot bullet proof, and I had the perfect song claim with it. ("The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" by Magnetic Fields.. one of my favorite bands (I love Queen too), and I've posted a lot of their stuff... and luck => dodge a bullet.) Then ADK has to come out with 1-shot bulletproof bodyguard, and no one was going to believe me~. 

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 04, 2015, 05:15:59 pm »

Also, sorry Ichi. My case was mostly genuine, though I didn't try very hard to look elsewhere (though I pretended to).
That's ok. I definitely suspected you, but you did a good job of talking me out of it. I'm just so used to you being town in every game. No more of course. I never should have given up on my OMGUSness. I'll probably have trust issues forever now ;D.

And congrats on the MVP!

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 04, 2015, 09:27:37 pm »

I hadn't cotton to that yet. I'm VT; my gguess at the scum team is IG/Hydrad/Teproc. I think ww's thing could be white-knighting, but then again, the way he does it (building a case) makes it feel better. It's easier to do that sort of things for gut reasons. Ignore my sudgy thing. Lynch lurkers. Bye.

PPE: J can't make that argument when I'm dead, so I have to make it now.

Third town game in a row where I got 2/3 of the scum team. Sorry, IG. (And it looks like I got fooled by ww's buddying)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 05, 2015, 09:24:19 am »

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

Well, sorry about that Ichi. Sorry I'm not sorry for advocating your lynch multiple times again, WW.

And damn, I've got to stop being fooled by Teproc.

Well if you advocate lynching me every game, you're going to be right every time I'm scum :P

Also, everyone see Chairs' role pm?  That was a cool gambit by him.

Thanks.

Yay, we won !

Also yay, first MVP in a normal game !

Glad to have fooled the speccy too :D

Thanks to Arch, that was an interesting setup. We got very, very lucky with sudgy and silver, JOAT was probably the strongest town asset in the game. The Bodyguard variant ADK had was pretty cool too.

Oh, and chairs : what exactly were you trying to achieve with your fakeclaim ? Basically I'm assuming you were trying to get lynched with scum hammering, but Beloved Princess didn't change anything to the lynch math since we were at mylo, so why ?

As far as votecounts go, it looks like it's a French-only thing, which means it's a me-only thing here, so I'd say stick to the strict syntax. It annoyed me briefly, but I pay more attention now to it and it's just fine.

Final note : this game is a textbook example for why lurking is antitown, yet lynching lurkers isn't that great either. Ichi did a post count in day 2, and the three scum were in top 4 posters I think.

I was kind of hoping that at least one Town member would be like "this sounds like bullshit" and jump on it, giving you guys (whoever you were) a great excuse to jump on my wagon and get dunked.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 05, 2015, 09:32:12 am »

It could have worked.. some town members were considering voting for you, and certainly if any of us had the chance to quickhammer you we would have, which would have bought an extra day, and possibly made the other scum on wagon look bad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 05, 2015, 09:32:51 am »

I hadn't cotton to that yet. I'm VT; my gguess at the scum team is IG/Hydrad/Teproc. I think ww's thing could be white-knighting, but then again, the way he does it (building a case) makes it feel better. It's easier to do that sort of things for gut reasons. Ignore my sudgy thing. Lynch lurkers. Bye.

PPE: J can't make that argument when I'm dead, so I have to make it now.

Third town game in a row where I got 2/3 of the scum team. Sorry, IG. (And it looks like I got fooled by ww's buddying)

Watch out when WW wants to be your buddy!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]  All

Page created in 1.934 seconds with 20 queries.