Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2302954 times)

Darth Vader

• Young Witch
  • You don't know the power of the draw card
  • Respect: +314
    • View Profile
    • Best Site Ever
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #5250 on: July 10, 2015, 10:48:46 pm »
+4

People need to seriously upvote this. It's a double pun, evoking 'obi one' and the fact that one-shots die after one use like Obi-Wan.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: July 10, 2015, 11:05:38 pm »
+8

Bit of a bad form to quote your own post and ask for upvotes, isn't it?

Darth Vader

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
    • Best Site Ever
« Reply #5252 on: July 10, 2015, 11:10:00 pm »
+10

I'm Darth Vader.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: July 11, 2015, 12:08:48 am »

I'm Darth Vader.

You misquoted Obi-Wan.  He said "...than you can possibly imagine."
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: July 11, 2015, 12:58:05 am »
+7

I'm Darth Vader.

He was too busy striking him down to memorize every last word.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: July 11, 2015, 06:20:41 am »
+3

I'm Darth Vader.

+1 for "every last word".

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: July 11, 2015, 09:22:38 am »

I'm Darth Vader.

+1 for "every last word".

Oh wow.  You're right.  I was being more literal than I could possibly imagine...
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: July 11, 2015, 10:16:38 am »
+1

Also, there's still the fact that you could only beat him when he was an old man and letting you win.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: July 11, 2015, 11:07:42 am »

Also, there's still the fact that you could only beat him when he was an old man and letting you win.

He probably felt bad that he failed so hard as a foster dad...

Darth Vader

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
    • Best Site Ever
« Reply #5259 on: July 11, 2015, 11:20:54 am »
+7

That was my brilliant plan. I waited until Obi-Wan got old so I would be taller than him, in order to have the high ground. He had no chance.

Darth Vader

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
    • Best Site Ever
« Reply #5260 on: July 11, 2015, 11:21:51 am »

Nah. I was a great dad to my son. My son was running off with all the rebellious kids, so I grounded him from using his hand.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: July 11, 2015, 08:11:21 pm »

Nah. I was a great dad to my son. My son was running off with all the rebellious kids, so I grounded him from using his hand.

You were a biodad, but never a foster dad.  Basically the opposite of a foster dad.

Darth Vader

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
    • Best Site Ever
« Reply #5262 on: July 12, 2015, 09:45:02 pm »
+1

You were a biodad, but never a foster dad.  Basically the opposite of a foster dad.

I can be both, dude. You obviously don't know the power of the Dark Side.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: July 12, 2015, 11:43:59 pm »

Ah yes, the power of Force Parenting.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: July 13, 2015, 02:56:42 pm »

Regardless, my original comment was about Obi Wan dying on purpose because you turned evil when he failed at his job and then had to throw you into a volcano.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5265 on: July 14, 2015, 12:26:13 am »
+8

Darth Vader drawing a Bank, two Estates, and two Throne Rooms

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1207
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: July 14, 2015, 09:02:30 am »

Regardless, my original comment was about Obi Wan dying on purpose because you turned evil when he failed at his job and then had to throw you into a volcano.

Does this forum really want to go on record as acknowledging Episodes 1-3? I thought everyone was better off pretending that they never happened.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #5267 on: July 14, 2015, 09:46:18 am »
+2

Does this forum really want to go on record as acknowledging Episodes 1-3? I thought everyone was better off pretending that they never happened.

But without the prequels, we wouldn't have Red Letter Media.  It seems like a fair trade to me.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: July 14, 2015, 11:18:31 am »

I thought episode 2 was ok, and 3 was good. Not that they needed to happen at all; or that they were a good way of tying into the OT.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: July 14, 2015, 11:42:00 am »
+2

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up the entire backstory to Star Wars? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of a gas station, the unfortunate reality of the Star Wars prequels is that they'll be around. Forever. -Mr. Plinkett
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:25 am »
+2

Revenge of the Sith is a better movie than Return of the Jedi, so yes.

And Attack of the Clones has its moments, mostly involving Christopher Lee. The Phantom Menace lives down to its reputation though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: July 14, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »

And Attack of the Clones has its moments, mostly involving Christopher Lee. The Phantom Menace lives down to its reputation though.

Episode I: Awful, only thing that saves the movie is the CGI Droids (which is still good by today's standards), and Darth Maul.
Episode 2: Arguably WORSE than Episode I, I don't like this movie much at all. Count Dooku is a terrible name, and I don't think even Christopher Lee can save his own role, it's just stupid.
Episode 3: Sure, this movie is better than the other two. But man, it still kinda sucks. The dialogue is awful, the lines are awful, it's boring. No way this movie is better than Return Of The Jedi, though RoTJ isn't amazing either.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: July 14, 2015, 12:28:42 pm »

See also the Ring Theory link in the Star Wars thread.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: July 14, 2015, 12:32:33 pm »

See also the Ring Theory link in the Star Wars thread.

Yeah, it's a pretty neat theory. I found out about it a couple of days ago.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:32 pm »

Wait, there was an Episode 2?

Episode 1:  Blonde mute kid wins a bike race or something.  Jar Jar Binks happens.  Kill me.
Episode 3:  Emo kid listens to Linkin Park, sulks a lot.  Even worse love story than Twilight.  Murders a bunch of kids.  Pope Benedict conquers the galaxy.  All the Jedi die in one place.  Lava.  Darth Vader becomes a thing.

Oh right, his mom dies.  Maybe some other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 259  All

Page created in 2.835 seconds with 20 queries.