Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2305472 times)

prom_vrt

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #4775 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:28 am »

The chance is 1/1024 but it always happens to him haha...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:19:32 am by prom_vrt »

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: May 04, 2015, 09:12:12 am »

https://i.imgflip.com/l1534.jpg

I don't get it.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

prom_vrt

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: May 04, 2015, 09:20:17 am »

I don't get it.

BLB plays these, turns the journey token and it faces down 10 times, which means he doesn't get full bonus for the token face up.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: May 04, 2015, 09:21:37 am »
+4

I thought you flipped it face up if it was face down, and face down if it was face up. Is it a coin type flip?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: May 04, 2015, 09:25:31 am »
+5

I don't get it.

BLB plays these, turns the journey token and it faces down 10 times, which means he doesn't get full bonus for the token face up.

You just turn it over.  You don't flip it in the air and see what side comes up.  It's just a way to track that you get the effect every other time.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: May 04, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »
+1

Reading Incomprehension Ryan?  The wording "turn over", I think, which doesn't even have "flip" in it at all...
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: May 04, 2015, 05:48:31 pm »
+1

I don't get it.

Does he have a defective token that's face down on both sides? It's always going to alternate. If it's face down, you turn it face up and vice versa.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: May 04, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »
+7

I don't get it.

Does he have a defective token that's face down on both sides? It's always going to alternate. If it's face down, you turn it face up and vice versa.

Given the Hasbro printing issues, it would not be that surprising. 

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: May 07, 2015, 07:18:22 am »
+1

Hi again !

I have a meme for you :

via Imgflip Meme Maker

it's a parody of recurrent memes we can read on 9gag, don't worry
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: May 07, 2015, 07:21:11 am »

(Also I wanted to emphasize the fact there's a "male" chain (Peasant => ... => teacher) and a "female" one (Page => ... => champion) )
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #4785 on: May 07, 2015, 08:03:49 am »

But you need to notice, that they have female images, but NOT female names! So not really political correct ;-)
And all the other female cards are "traditional" and negative "jobs", e.g. all the Witches...
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: May 07, 2015, 08:42:59 am »

But you need to notice, that they have female images, but NOT female names! So not really political correct ;-)
And all the other female cards are "traditional" and negative "jobs", e.g. all the Witches...
Explorer ("explorateur" in French, we also have the world "exploratrice" for women) is rather positive (IRL, not in the game !)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: May 07, 2015, 09:01:54 am »
+1

Explorer ("explorateur" in French, we also have the world "exploratrice" for women) is rather positive (IRL, not in the game !)

Yeah, because Christopher Columbus and Cortes are just such great role models.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: May 07, 2015, 10:01:08 am »

I don't think people proved 100% Columbus was a bad person. I'll look into it. I've heard people say he was fine and people say he was the worlds worst slave driver to Indians. I'll report back with my findings.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: May 07, 2015, 10:03:21 am »
+11

I don't think people proved 100% Columbus was a bad person. I'll look into it. I've heard people say he was fine and people say he was the worlds worst slave driver to Indians. I'll report back with my findings.

Well damn, that took two minutes. Lol.

Bad person it is.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: May 07, 2015, 10:10:48 am »
+1

Explorer doesn't automatically just refer to Columbus/Cortez/Drake type explorers though.  Jane Goodall is an explorer by any reasonable definition.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: May 07, 2015, 10:36:48 am »

You're not considering
Doctor Livingstone, i presume?

Edit: Though he probably wasn't a very good explorer.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:43:39 am by Asper »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: May 07, 2015, 10:47:22 am »

FTFY

EDIT: Wait, how is an artificer traditional or negative?

EDIT: Also, ranger is neither traditional nor negative.

EDIT: Storyteller
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:03:29 am by LastFootnote »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: May 07, 2015, 10:55:25 am »

Can't tell if Poe's Law or not.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:03 am »
+1

Teacher is one of the few cards that describes a female-heavy profession, but Teacher is male.  Most cards are gender-neutral in English, but the "witches" are all female and Taxman is male.  There's also Harem, which... yeah, ok.

Duchess is a niche gain at best.  It can be a life-saver when something horrible like Sea Hag is on the board.  I guess we can give Sea Hag a pass because there's an equally negative hermit/madman?

The one thing I actually would have wanted to see change is that I'd rather see the singular "they" when referring to players.  It's more or less established as a thing, whereas well-meaning pronouns with z's in them are a nice thought and all, but no.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:27 am »

Can't tell if Poe's Law or not.

ATM machine.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: May 07, 2015, 11:15:19 am »
+1

Bad person it is.

I'm glad you didn't spend that two minutes flipping through a grade school textbook published in Texas.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: May 07, 2015, 11:17:16 am »

Bad person it is.

I'm glad you didn't spend that two minutes flipping through a grade school textbook published in Texas.

Well, why read what people have to say when you can read the original source material?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: May 07, 2015, 11:29:22 am »
+2

Bad person it is.

Well, why read what people have to say when you can read the original source material?

If you're a red-blooded American, then the answer to that question is, "because kids won't learn patriotism if you make things all complicated by bringing up all that bad water under the bridge stuff".

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: May 07, 2015, 11:36:30 am »

Bad person it is.

If you're a red-blooded American, then the answer to that question is, "because kids won't learn patriotism if you make things all complicated by bringing up all that bad water under the bridge stuff".

I hate the way public education is done too. Kids are not idiots. But we're getting way off topic. So...
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 259  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.