Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2301001 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #2975 on: December 08, 2013, 08:03:43 pm »

I do like when people post pictures of themselves. It's nice to put names to actual faces.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: December 08, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »
+8

I do like when people post pictures of themselves. It's nice to put names to actual faces.

Ohhh no, i hate this!

What if none of you live up to my imagined stereotypes?
How will i be forced to deal with that internal conflict

Plus, some of you might be reeeeeeally ugly...
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 08, 2013, 08:20:10 pm »
+1

Ohhh no, i hate this!

What if none of you live up to my imagined stereotypes?
How will i be forced to deal with that internal conflict

Plus, some of you might be reeeeeeally ugly...

You'll deal.

Thread is up!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: December 13, 2013, 01:53:46 pm »
+30

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #2979 on: December 13, 2013, 01:55:01 pm »

extra points if that's a japh
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: December 16, 2013, 04:07:42 am »

Not wanting to sound like a Perl syntax apologist, but half of the code seems to be Postscript.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 16, 2013, 01:23:29 pm »

Not wanting to sound like a Perl syntax apologist, but half of the code seems to be Postscript.

That is true.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #2982 on: December 16, 2013, 01:24:11 pm »

although, it's not unheard of to have cgi code that writes javascript.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: January 10, 2014, 02:17:11 pm »
+23

Well you *do* need a signature...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: January 10, 2014, 03:26:42 pm »

...lie meme

First meme of the year, and it's a great one!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »

Hermit trashes from the discard pile as well. Thus, I have edge cased the 1st meme of the year.

EDIT: I'm not following apparently because if you played TR and had a hermit wouldn't you be throne rooming the Hermit? I mean, we must be talking about 2 different hands and thus the TR very well could have been drawn dead. Also, if you were going to lie then why play the TR to begin with?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:08:47 pm by pingpongsam »
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: January 10, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »
+1

Golem into TR,Hermit, hand contains two Rats, draw contains more Rats and Golds. Playing Rats at any point means you may be forced to trash Golds, so you decide to lie and play TR into nothing and then use Hermit to trash Rats and draw, thus giving the lie away (but, if gotten away with the lie, it would have been optimal because you get to trash the Rats and draw the on-trash bonus, possibly drawing Gold to buy someting, and not risk trashing Gold, which is impossible to get away with by lying because Rats makes you reveal all Rats on no-trash option).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: January 10, 2014, 05:25:43 pm »

Golem into TR,Hermit, hand contains two Rats, draw contains more Rats and Golds. Playing Rats at any point means you may be forced to trash Golds, so you decide to lie and play TR into nothing and then use Hermit to trash Rats and draw, thus giving the lie away (but, if gotten away with the lie, it would have been optimal because you get to trash the Rats and draw the on-trash bonus, possibly drawing Gold to buy someting, and not risk trashing Gold, which is impossible to get away with by lying because Rats makes you reveal all Rats on no-trash option).

Why wouldn't you play the Hermit first? Then your claim of having nothing to Throne Room is more believable. 

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: January 10, 2014, 05:41:57 pm »
+13

Why wouldn't you play the Hermit first? Then your claim of having nothing to Throne Room is more believable.

Ok, a much simpler way around this. On your turn, you reshuffle so your discard pile is empty. Then you play Throne Room, Throne Room, Smithy, hoping to draw a good action. But instead you draw Rats. With nothing in your hand you want to trash, you lie and say you have no action. Next turn, you play Hermit, and trash Rats from the discard pile, having forgotten about your lie.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:04 pm »
+2

Ok, a much simpler way around this. On your turn, you reshuffle so your discard pile is empty. Then you play Throne Room, Throne Room, Smithy, hoping to draw a good action. But instead you draw Rats. With nothing in your hand you want to trash, you lie and say you have no action. Next turn, you play Hermit, and trash Rats from the discard pile, having forgotten about your lie.

Why would you bother with such unconvoluted example?

tolenmar

• Bishop
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: January 10, 2014, 06:37:23 pm »

How about the fact that DXV has said that in retrospect, he thinks that the Throne Room should be worded like Kings Court, avoiding the whole issue?

I'll dig up a link in a bit...

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: January 10, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »
+1

By the way, I noticed that the number of memes here plummeted post quickmeme.  I made this meme at livememe.com, and it was easier and faster than quickmeme used to be.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: January 10, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »
+5

How about the fact that DXV has said that in retrospect, he thinks that the Throne Room should be worded like Kings Court, avoiding the whole issue?

No need to dig up the link, we all know.  That's why he worded King's Court and Procession differently.  But he has also stated many times that Throne Room's wording hasn't changed.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: January 13, 2014, 04:46:38 pm »

By the way, I noticed that the number of memes here plummeted post quickmeme.  I made this meme at livememe.com, and it was easier and faster than quickmeme used to be.

Also, http://memegenerator.net/ works great.

flies

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #2994 on: January 15, 2014, 11:07:34 am »

Hermit trashes from the discard pile as well. Thus, I have edge cased the 1st meme of the year.

EDIT: I'm not following apparently because if you played TR and had a hermit wouldn't you be throne rooming the Hermit? I mean, we must be talking about 2 different hands and thus the TR very well could have been drawn dead. Also, if you were going to lie then why play the TR to begin with?
you just reshuffled. your herald/whatever finds a throne room which you play.  you claim to have no actions in hand.

next turn, you play a hermit and trash a rats.  but where did that rats come from?  you didn't play it last turn, you didn't buy it last turn, and you just reshuffled, which means you must have had it in your hand and lied about it.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:35 am »
+1

you just reshuffled. your herald/whatever finds a throne room which you play.  you claim to have no actions in hand.

next turn, you play a hermit and trash a rats.  but where did that rats come from?  you didn't play it last turn, you didn't buy it last turn, and you just reshuffled, which means you must have had it in your hand and lied about it.

See my post a few above this.  ;)

tolenmar

• Bishop
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: January 15, 2014, 12:51:31 pm »

No need to dig up the link, we all know.  That's why he worded King's Court and Procession differently.  But he has also stated many times that Throne Room's wording hasn't changed.

True, but he's also said that it wouldn't cause any harm to play it that way, either.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #2997 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

True, but he's also said that it wouldn't cause any harm to play it that way, either.
Of course you can play it as you want. You can reword and change every card when you play. But when I play IRL I think, hope and trust that my opponents don't cheat. There are so many ways of cheating if you play fast enough. Sometimes noone really knows what you have done. I neither count the coins of my opponents. If they say they have enough to buy it I trust them. So I trust them too while they play a Throne Room.
Sure they can make mistakes, but we all do mistakes, so what? If I'd review all what they're doing, that would take much longer. And if I recognize, that they cheat with intent I won't play anymore with them. You should play fair and you should trust your opponents, otherwise it is no more fun.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

Toskk

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: January 15, 2014, 01:06:25 pm »
+10

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: January 15, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »
+4

Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 259  All

Page created in 2.244 seconds with 20 queries.