Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30  All

Author Topic: New Expansion Speculation  (Read 157568 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Re: New Expansion Speculation
« Reply #650 on: December 10, 2014, 09:13:17 pm »
+2

I had an Arena deck with Sneed's Old Shredder yesterday. It went 4-3, I only got to play the Shredder once, and it got Polymorphed. Life is hard.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 10, 2014, 10:58:17 pm »

Had a shredder deck that actually dropped a cairns for the win. Didn't see the guy for the rest of the run, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 12, 2014, 01:03:30 am »
+1

Earlier today, I was playing a Hunter in casual mode who played Feign Death on an Explosive Sheep. That does 2 damage to all minions, including the sheep. The sheep then dies and does another 2 damage to all minions. There was also a Sylvanas on the field, but everything was dead by the time the dust settled.

Control Hunter just might become real. Imagine if Gahz'rilla was in play too.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 12, 2014, 01:07:15 am »

Earlier today, I was playing a Hunter in casual mode who played Feign Death on an Explosive Sheep. That does 2 damage to all minions, including the sheep. The sheep then dies and does another 2 damage to all minions. There was also a Sylvanas on the field, but everything was dead by the time the dust settled.

It's ok, but that's like a 2 card consecration. Sure it combos, but if you didn't kill Gahz rilla when it came out you are in a bad spot anyway.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 12, 2014, 01:14:11 am »

It's ok, but that's like a 2 card consecration. Sure it combos, but if you didn't kill Gahz rilla when it came out you are in a bad spot anyway.
More like a 2 card Flamestrike, staggered even to help kill Spectral Spiders and whatnot. I don't know. I just thought it was a cool interaction.

Edit: corrected typo on "Spectral".
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:25:36 am by markusin »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #655 on: December 12, 2014, 01:30:56 am »

It's more like a 2 card 2 consecrations.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 12, 2014, 01:35:14 am »

More like a 2 card Flamestrike, staggered even to help kill Spectral Spiders and whatnot. I don't know. I just thought it was a cool interaction.

Oh right, it's a flamestrike.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 12, 2014, 10:00:27 am »
+3

It's more like a 2 card 2 consecrations.

It's more like a Laboratory with a bonus Buy, but that only attacks minions and can't be a trump card.  Bingo!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 12, 2014, 12:38:18 pm »

i tried out a feign death control thing, i was unimpressed

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 12, 2014, 12:51:05 pm »

i tried out a feign death control thing, i was unimpressed

I don't have it, and I haven't seen it in action yet. But just from my thinking, I think it's very specific. Reincarnate kind of works in Shaman because Shaman is slow anyway and has lots of ways to use his little guys to survive until he can use Reincarnate on a Sylvannas or something. Even then, full reincarnate decks aren't that strong anyway, so Feign Death is really just a tech card that I don't feel fits in Hunter decks, even if they are control decks.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: December 12, 2014, 12:55:04 pm »

No I disagree with that too, I think if you throw it into an aggressive undertaker zoo it'll do fine

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 12, 2014, 01:17:15 pm »

I feel it'll be a win more in aggro. If you don't heave deathrattles on the board it'll be a dead draw. You can lose games because you need that last bit of damage but draw Feign Death instead.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 12, 2014, 02:49:14 pm »

I feel it'll be a win more in aggro. If you don't heave deathrattles on the board it'll be a dead draw. You can lose games because you need that last bit of damage but draw Feign Death instead.
The deathrattles don't have to be on the board, they just have to be in your hand.  Just playing it on a Leper Gnome gets you two damage for 2 mana, which is sometimes what Explosive Trap's worst case scenario use turns out to be.

If you have no other cards in hand and no other cards on board, yeah, it's pretty bad to topdeck.  But if you play a littler different that won't happen, you can activate hero power a little bit extra to make sure you have something in hand for a feign death topdeck.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 12, 2014, 04:52:41 pm »

Oh right, it's a flamestrike.

It's more like Hunter's version of Auchenai-Circle if anything. Both 2 cards, both cost 4 total, both do 4 damage to every minion.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 12, 2014, 06:40:08 pm »

^But Soulpriest and Circle each have other uses. Explosive Sheep seems not that useful on its own for Hunter.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 12, 2014, 07:10:32 pm »

^But Soulpriest and Circle each have other uses. Explosive Sheep seems not that useful on its own for Hunter.

It's not even a beast like it's polymorphed cousins.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 12, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »

I just did Sylvanas 2x Feign death. So satisfying. Almost makes up for like the 8 straight losses to get to this point...

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 12, 2014, 11:43:39 pm »

Feign Death has other uses too. So does Explosive Sheep: if your Hunter deck is going to run a 2 card board-clear combo it's probably controllish enough to be okay with Sheep by itself. I'd say Soulpriest:Feign Death::Circle:Explosive Sheep in this comparison.

With Multishot, Explosive Shot, and Explosive Trap as potential non-comboed board clears, it's probably less important than Auchenai-Circle is for Priest, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it if control Hunter ever becomes a thing. (I don't think it will, aggro/midrange Hunter still feel stronger, but I could be wrong.)
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 14, 2014, 07:20:45 pm »

OK, so, let me just say this:

Mage + Duplicate + Echo of Medivh is sickening.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 14, 2014, 11:38:12 pm »

OK, so, let me just say this:

Mage + Duplicate + Echo of Medivh is sickening.

Day9 made a hilarious deck featuring those cards plus Mountain and Molten Giants. There were games where he'd play like 12 giants.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2014, 03:44:17 am »

I think the card I misjudged most from this expansion was Shieldmaiden. I've been playing some Control Warrior recently and it has taught me why that card is auto-include double in every such deck. The amount of healing potential you have between Shield Blocks and Shieldmaidens is just insane and very helpful against any sort of aggro. Having a second activator for Shield Slam is often useful. And the 5/5 body is substantial enough to draw out serious removal from control decks. The 6 mana cost is not such a big deal after all, since Control Warrior likes to stall anyway, and the healing helps you avoid dying to face rush.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 16, 2014, 12:45:05 pm »

Recombobulator is getting slept on hard, I think.  It's like a panda that doesn't cost mana for the replay (but randomly fizzles sometimes)

Cenarius->Innervate->Recombobulate is pretty interesting.  Often Hand of Might, sometimes Malganis, Jaraxxus, Thermaplugg, or an x/12 dragon.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 16, 2014, 01:13:50 pm »

^It also combos with Shadow Madness better than Panda, is a good way to get something more from your 3/1 post-circle Soulpriest, and can give you a real 6-drop body on your Cabal.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 16, 2014, 05:48:26 pm »

Recombobulator is getting slept on hard, I think.  It's like a panda that doesn't cost mana for the replay (but randomly fizzles sometimes)

Cenarius->Innervate->Recombobulate is pretty interesting.  Often Hand of Might, sometimes Malganis, Jaraxxus, Thermaplugg, or an x/12 dragon.

I don't feel that comparison is totally fair, as it doesn't give the same Battlecry effect again, but I do think Recombobulator can be really strong. I think it's best in decks with either low statted high cost minions (usually with battlecries to justify the cost) to turn them into better things or high health things that will probably take some damage where you can use the Recombobulate as a heal. (Use your Yeti to kill a 4/4 then recombobulate it).

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:24 pm »

I don't feel that comparison is totally fair, as it doesn't give the same Battlecry effect again, but I do think Recombobulator can be really strong. I think it's best in decks with either low statted high cost minions (usually with battlecries to justify the cost) to turn them into better things or high health things that will probably take some damage where you can use the Recombobulate as a heal. (Use your Yeti to kill a 4/4 then recombobulate it).
Maybe I should specify that in an unspecialized context like arena, it's like a panda that randomly fizzles.  If you recombobulate a novice engineer into an Amani Beserker, all the value that you expect to pay 2 mana for is there.  If your recombobulate into owl, some of the value is lost to the battlecry, that's the fizzle.

In a specialized context, which is kinda what panda is used for in constructed for what small amount of the time it does get used, recombobulating an Sunfury Protector into an Amani Beserker isn't as good as pandaing it because your deck specifically wants the Sunfury 2 mana effect more than the Amani 2 mana effect because you designed it with ancient watchers and Molten Giants or what have you.  In arena there's no reason to assume Sunfury is any better than a non-battlecry minion though.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30  All

Page created in 1.809 seconds with 21 queries.