Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30  All

Author Topic: New Expansion Speculation  (Read 157535 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: New Expansion Speculation
« Reply #400 on: December 02, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »

Venture Co Mercenary slows you down a little bit if taunts are thrown in front of it, but doesn't lose you the game.

If Fel reaver is forced to clear out a Voidwalker I think you will lose the game outright.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2014, 03:07:25 pm »

Troggzor is probably the new best double innervate target

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2014, 03:08:49 pm »

Man, I don't know what to craft!

Nothing. Open packs before you craft. I also saved 1000 gold for arena runs, so that I can pump my collection right away.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2014, 03:09:26 pm »

Fel Reaver looks particularly bad...

I mean, sure, an 8/8 on a 5 Drop, but with no impact "this turn", it's drawback is terrible...

I think this card could see play. The drawback isn't likely to matter in the type of aggro deck it appears in. The type of deck this will appear in will probably lose if it goes past turn 7 or 8 anyways. So the fact that you might be out of cards when you lose isn't really an issue. That's a huge card for a 5 drop.
It seems worse at what Venture Co Mercenary does to me.

Better for tempo, and the drawback only matters if you get into the last few cards of your deck...

I would think that in general, losing cards from your constructed deck is detrimental - And at a 5 drops, you've already likely drawn upwards of 10+ of your original 30 deck (3 starting hand, 5 turns, any +draw). That's a prime window for card dumping. If your opponent gets out just 5 cards, you're down 15 of your remaining deck. That's significant.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2014, 03:11:40 pm »

hearthspwn has updated again to include most of the fb cards

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

Fel Reaver looks particularly bad...

I mean, sure, an 8/8 on a 5 Drop, but with no impact "this turn", it's drawback is terrible...

I think this card could see play. The drawback isn't likely to matter in the type of aggro deck it appears in. The type of deck this will appear in will probably lose if it goes past turn 7 or 8 anyways. So the fact that you might be out of cards when you lose isn't really an issue. That's a huge card for a 5 drop.
It seems worse at what Venture Co Mercenary does to me.

Better for tempo, and the drawback only matters if you get into the last few cards of your deck...

Well, you know what cards you're not going to draw for the rest of the game, and your opponent knows more about your decklist. Not a huge advantage either way, and not sure who benefits more.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2014, 03:16:24 pm »

Some of those class legendary's are quite interesting.

Mal'Ganis for Warlock... He's expensive at a 9 Drop, but if you have any Taunt Minions out, he could instantly be a game-ender.

Iron Juggernaut is interesting too. A 6/5 on a 6 drop isn't all that special - but his opportunity to spike 10 is intriguing. Granted, it's not guaranteed to even see play, but still.

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2014, 03:16:57 pm »

0 mana 0/2 TAUNT mech.  seriously.  This could be nuts

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2014, 03:19:01 pm »

Mal'Ganis for Warlock... He's expensive at a 9 Drop, but if you have any Taunt Minions out, he could instantly be a game-ender.

Iron Juggernaut is interesting too. A 6/5 on a 6 drop isn't all that special - but his opportunity to spike 10 is intriguing. Granted, it's not guaranteed to even see play, but still.

But it also mucks their deck. They lose a draw, take 10 damage, and you get a decent body. I'm wondering if Shaman aggro/Murloc will be any good with the new legendary and Shaman murloc. Add the Whirlo zappo thing and you could see a hyper aggro Shaman.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2014, 03:21:54 pm »

With all the buffs it could be pretty neat in zoo decks. Considering zoo sometimes used to run shield bearer to buff up, this will be better.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »

With all the buffs it could be pretty neat in zoo decks. Considering zoo sometimes used to run shield bearer to buff up, this will be better.

I love the token Pirate Buffs. But c'mon. All you're going to see are Mech decks for awhile.

Mafia Record:

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »

It's interesting that there are now cards that have an effect when drawn like the bomb and the Mage legendary.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »

Vol'jin looks pretty cool.

Seriously?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2014, 03:28:41 pm »

He passes the what-are-you-doing-for-me-this-turn test though. Someone might have had lethal, but if you play this they have to remove this before they do lethal.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

He passes the what-are-you-doing-for-me-this-turn test though. Someone might have had lethal, but if you play this they have to remove this before they do lethal.

Plus the buff, plus it has good stats.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2014, 03:39:46 pm »

Seriously?

Yeah, I'm curious what you mean too. I can see this being situationally not terrible (play some good card, play free taunt card to protect it), but I do not see this card as nuts and will only be good if you can combo it with other mech cards to leverage extra stats or cards out of it. It has terrible stats, and Goldshire Footmen, Shieldbearer and Voidwalker are cheap taunters that already exist and are never used in Constructed (Goldshire, Shieldbearer) or only situationally (Voidwalker) and every single one of those cards has way better stats than the Target Dummy. Does the fact that it costs 0 and is a mech make it better?

This cards main impact seems to be that it lowers the average quality of Mech cards that can randomly be dropped.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

I'm amused that the legendaries leaked ages ago are real, after they were rejected as fake due to some being too stupid. Namely Leviathan, Gallywix, Vol'jin, Juggernaut. I see though that Gallywix gives a special coin, so that explains why it's not simply a more ridiculous version of Millhouse.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »

Also for some fun fan speculation, I hope they make a card that give a bonus to cards with no card text (including silenced minions). Something like a battlecry that gives vanilla minions +1/+1. It's unlikely, but I'll kick myself if they release such a card and I can't yell "called it!"

Quartermaster's effect is the closest to this. I was thinking they should have something for 5 mana with slightly better stats that gives +1/+1 or +1/+2 to anything without card text, including Silver Hand recruits. I don't like how it specifically specifies Silver Hand Recruits for the buff. Maybe it could have buffed any minion with 1 attack like Hobgoblin.

Plus the buff, plus it has good stats.
Plus it's not a Battlecry effect, so it can be summoned with Void Caller without any detriment to its ability.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2014, 03:47:48 pm »

It's interesting that there are now cards that have an effect when drawn like the bomb and the Mage legendary.
Back when Leviathan was leaked, I thought it was a cool mechanic. I've since changed my mind. The reason: about half of the choices you make when playing the game come down to deciding which card to play, and on-draw effects bypass that. Leviathan takes top-decking to the most absurd extreme, because the ONLY way to get use from its AOE is to top-deck it at the appropriate time, which cannot be controlled whatsoever (outside of chucking Leviathan in the mulligan phase, but that's a no-brainer). It just seems incredibly boring to play with that card and incredibly frustrating to play against.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2014, 03:50:09 pm »

But it also mucks their deck. They lose a draw, take 10 damage, and you get a decent body. I'm wondering if Shaman aggro/Murloc will be any good with the new legendary and Shaman murloc. Add the Whirlo zappo thing and you could see a hyper aggro Shaman.
I think all the legendaries are prety cool. I was thinking like Zog, that the bomb mucks the opponent's deck a bit in addition to the damage. Neptulon is Expensive though. It's a battlecry, so you can't even get value out of it with Ancestor's call.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2014, 03:57:29 pm »

Damn, just lost 1400 dust.

I had 2 golden Auctioneers that I dusted when I was greedy.

Jeebus.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2014, 03:58:34 pm »
+1

Back when Leviathan was leaked, I thought it was a cool mechanic. I've since changed my mind. The reason: about half of the choices you make when playing the game come down to deciding which card to play, and on-draw effects bypass that. Leviathan takes top-decking to the most absurd extreme, because the ONLY way to get use from its AOE is to top-deck it at the appropriate time, which cannot be controlled whatsoever (outside of chucking Leviathan in the mulligan phase, but that's a no-brainer). It just seems incredibly boring to play with that card and incredibly frustrating to play against.
Kinda feel the same way about it. it's hard to incorporate it into a specific strategy as well.

So Hemet Nesingwary is finally a card too. Now all the tutorial bosses are cards.

Also hey, Vol'gin is a Priest card. Gives even more value to Holy Smite, which is already an answer to Undertaker and stuff.

Edit: Oh, and Imp-losion is my least favourite card revealed. that is the worst kind of random. Crackle is actually alright because Shaman can use another Lightning bolt anyway, plus they have those +1 spell damage Totems. The extra damage crackle can do is just a little bonus power wise. If imp-losion summoned an Imp for every damage it didn't do, then it would be cool.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:07:07 pm by markusin »

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2014, 04:14:17 pm »

With Mal'Ganis out, your Life Taps are free, which is pretty neat. Too bad it costs 9 though...it might see play, but 9 is a lot of mana and it's competing with Jaraxxus and Ysera.

Seriously?

Yeah, I'm curious what you mean too. I can see this being situationally not terrible (play some good card, play free taunt card to protect it), but I do not see this card as nuts and will only be good if you can combo it with other mech cards to leverage extra stats or cards out of it. It has terrible stats, and Goldshire Footmen, Shieldbearer and Voidwalker are cheap taunters that already exist and are never used in Constructed (Goldshire, Shieldbearer) or only situationally (Voidwalker) and every single one of those cards has way better stats than the Target Dummy. Does the fact that it costs 0 and is a mech make it better?

This cards main impact seems to be that it lowers the average quality of Mech cards that can randomly be dropped.

Just being a 0 cost Mech is good enough for an aggressive Mech deck. I haven't looked at it too carefully, but there are a lot of good 2/3 cost mechs that buff other mechs, and any attack buff on the 0/2 Taunt suddenly makes it less harmless. Consider turn 1 0/2 taunt, Cogmaster, which you can do as first player. Shieldbearer has been used in Zoo decks before to protect minions for an extra turn, having Mech bonus on top of it could lead to nutty scenarios.

Affinity from MtG has a similar thing with Ornithopter - by itself it's bad, but with all the artifact cards and Cranial Plating, it gives you lots of consistency and speed.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:21:07 pm by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2014, 04:17:52 pm »

With Mal'Ganis out, your Life Taps are free, which is pretty neat. Too bad it costs 9 though...it might see play, but 9 is a lot of mana and it's competing with Jaraxxus and Ysera.

If demon decks are a thing it'll beat Jaraxxus for sure. And probably Yesra too just because it can be summon by a Voidcaller.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2014, 04:27:20 pm »

I want to make a deck centered on Dark Wispers, entirely because of the name.

Also, Malorne, holy shit.  That's one hell of a silence target.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.