Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 7: Fish Mafia (Game Over - Mafia Wins Flawlessly!)  (Read 74603 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 7: Fish Mafia (Game Over - Mafia Wins Flawlessly!)
« Reply #650 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:23 pm »

Does someone keep track of mvp's? and if so, who gets it now?

I keep track of them.

Awaclus was selected as the MVP by scott_pilgrim.  I'm good with that.

okay, then SP can you please explain why, because it looks like both Awaclus and I disagree with you. I really hate that I have to argue for my own case here, but I would absolutely argue if I was in his position, so it's only consequent that I do it now too. As long as mvp is supposed to go to the mvp, I don't understand how this decision makes any sense, because I was considered townier for the majority of the game and made pretty much all night decisions.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 26, 2014, 02:08:11 pm »

Does someone keep track of mvp's? and if so, who gets it now?

I keep track of them.

Awaclus was selected as the MVP by scott_pilgrim.  I'm good with that.

okay, then SP can you please explain why, because it looks like both Awaclus and I disagree with you. I really hate that I have to argue for my own case here, but I would absolutely argue if I was in his position, so it's only consequent that I do it now too. As long as mvp is supposed to go to the mvp, I don't understand how this decision makes any sense, because I was considered townier for the majority of the game and made pretty much all night decisions.

Well I guess I thought of MVP not so literally.  You are right that you probably were more valuable to the team than Awaclus, because if Awaclus had been replaced by someone else it's less likely to have hurt the team than if you had been replaced by someone else.  I guess I was thinking more of who gave a more, uh, impressive? performance.

Also, I don't think it's true that you were townier for the majority of the game.  I think people were treating Awaclus as super-towny early on, and it wasn't until the end of D2 and D3 that people began suspecting him, though maybe I'm misremembering.  I may also subconsciously be taking stuff people said in the speccy into account, because I think people there had stronger town reads on Awaclus than you (checking the speccy now, it looks like it was actually just pacovf...).

Anyway, if you both agree you should be MVP, I have no problem with making you MVP.  I didn't think anyone kept track of it, because it seems like a lot of games don't have one.

mpsprs

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 26, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »

Though I was out after night one (thanks for that, by the way  :P), I did follow the game as it progressed.  And I was fairly convinced up until the moment when Awaclus hammered that SS and Hugo were scum.  So if the MVP in a scum victory goes to the scum who best impersonated town, I'd put my personal vote on Awaclus.

I don't think that should be the only consideration (things like who was the driving force behind mafia decisions and the like), but on that matter, that's my opinion.

Well played of course to both of you, as we never really got all that close.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 27, 2014, 03:46:55 am »

Anyway, if you both agree you should be MVP, I have no problem with making you MVP.  I didn't think anyone kept track of it, because it seems like a lot of games don't have one.
yay
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]  All

Page created in 0.459 seconds with 15 queries.