Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Picture Caption  (Read 9324 times)

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Caption
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 06:11:31 pm »

I tend to agree, but a lot of the reason I want to get this for her is because I want her to open up a box that says "Eat Poop You Cat," be amused by the title, then find out it's something she'll actually like. If I can't get a hold of this for cheap I'll just do that.

Make a pretty game box and illustrated rule book. Put index cards and pens inside with the rule book. Maybe even make a holder thing like they have on the inside of game boxes so the cards don't move around. That would look nice. Wrap.

The effort involved will hopefully be worth more to her than buying the thing. Also, if she's the kind of person I would marry, she'll appreciate the wisdom of not spending $50 on something that is essentially index cards and pens in a fancy box.

(Also if you actually do this, you should post pictures for the forum)

Edit: Idea for the box. Do a collage of cartoons and captions with that glossy stuff over it (can't remember what it's called). Bonus points for finding captions that match other cartoons. Ideally you have a supply of newspapers, the new yorker, and magazines, but you could always print them out too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:17:35 pm by GeoLib »
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 10:16:06 am »

If you have to buy something in a pretty box, you could buy Telestrations. It is basically Eat Poop You Cat with some restriction. You can dump the restrictions on your own, though. I might prefer having a list of things to draw actually. I like seeing the post-office effect of something reasonable being warped into something entirely different. If you start off with mailbox, you may end up with Pac-Man ghost or something hilarious because it should have been an easy clue. On the other hand, if you start off with the blue dog howls at midnight, you can always count on it being different.

But putting together an index card pack with ribbons and fancy pens could be fun. Or you can make it a freebie. Buy her something else but do not be afraid to bring out this game.
A man has no signature

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 04:30:38 am »

I bought a copy for Telestrations for not more than 20 euros I think.
That seemed a reasonable price and my family loves it, so it's well worth the investment.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.308 seconds with 21 queries.