Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: i get destroyed by some unusual cards  (Read 1325 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
i get destroyed by some unusual cards
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »
+5

Supply cards: Transmute, Hamlet, Feodum, Herald, Spy, Thief, Catacombs, Counterfeit, Border Village, Hunting Grounds, Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy, Province, Curse, Potion

not much going on here. i split 5/2 so feeling good. After a while, silverspawn buys a thief. well, that's actually a kind of good move, because i've overtrashed my treasures. ok, i'll reciprocate. Well, he has the bigger engine, but i can pick up two provinces. then, after my thief gets a little luckier than his 4 thieves combined, i'm feeling safe. To be sure the 4-thief onslaught doesn't let him catch up, i destroy the treasure out of my deck. now both of us have to buy coppers... and ok, he has the bigger engine, but there's no way to quickly generate treasure on this board, right? right? uh-oh...

http://logs.prod.dominion.makingfun.com//20141006/log.5182cd42e4b05e4ebc88aeed.1412624679756.txt

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
Re: i get destroyed by some unusual cards
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 03:56:17 pm »
+5

Code: [Select]
Transmute, Hamlet, Feodum, Herald, Spy, Thief, Catacombs, Counterfeit, Border Village, Hunting Grounds
Ya, weird board. Two of the worst cards in the game got to shine here. Transmute was even better than I imagined, I bought it for the feodum -> treasure gain, but the duchies were just as important.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:02:56 pm »

I love engines without any convenient payload, they lead to the weirdest games.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:18:26 pm »

The transmute definitely works here and there's even a potential transmute finish on catacombs/hunting grounds to gain duchies and empty piles.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.372 seconds with 21 queries.