Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35  All

Author Topic: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Game ended  (Read 91314 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM19: LOST Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #525 on: January 08, 2015, 07:44:57 pm »

I can't believe that actually worked. I joined the wagon thinking it wouldn't go anywhere because people don't like lynching early. Yay for non-derphammers!

And why don't we lynch ash when he does stuff like this?

because I wanna hear the ashplan!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 08, 2015, 07:48:41 pm »

Stuff like what?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 08, 2015, 07:53:39 pm »

I really, really don't like the lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:30 pm »

I feel like people are often too okay with lynching town day one. You should try to lynch scum, not town. And I don't think he was scum.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 08, 2015, 08:27:15 pm »

vote: silverspawn

He admitted he was scum.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 08, 2015, 08:31:49 pm »

Stuff like what?

I mean making horrible cases and unjustified decisions. You haven't done it recently - I'm not making an accusation. It's just that this seemed that this was the first time we successfully lynched for that, and that's interesting (TM).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 08, 2015, 08:33:20 pm »

He admitted he was scum.

I'm not convinced he wasn't just trolling.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 08, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »

By the way, WW : I don't care that you predicted being hated for it or whatever, that hammer was premature, I don't like it.

I know, but I don't feel bad about it. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 08, 2015, 08:34:18 pm »

Stuff like what?

I mean making horrible cases and unjustified decisions. You haven't done it recently - I'm not making an accusation. It's just that this seemed that this was the first time we successfully lynched for that, and that's interesting (TM).

Because Ash isn't a jerk and doesn't personally insult people when he makes bad cases. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 08, 2015, 08:38:24 pm »

He admitted he was scum.

His twilight post read more like town to be than scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 08, 2015, 08:41:04 pm »

His twilight post is disregardable at best.

If he's town, I'd be interested in actual final thoughts (other than his thoughts on TA).

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 08, 2015, 09:17:51 pm »

Stuff like what?

Because Ash isn't a jerk and doesn't personally insult people when he makes bad cases. 

Fair enough.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 08, 2015, 09:34:15 pm »

I've asked reinoe to spill all details of any powers he might have in our QT. I doubt he complies, but we'll see.

I do think he's definitely town, though I'm pretty much fine with him getting lynched. And this seems like it was an okay Day 1.

As for the "Jacob controls the island" thing. So, I don't have any specific knowledge about what controls that. However, in the show, there are a list of "candidates" to replace Jacob. So it could have something to do with that. The characters who are candidates are Jack, John Locke, Sawyer, Hurley, Sayid, and either Jin or Sun (it's never clarified which one).

But this might be reaching, since the show implies that there were a lot of other candidates at one time, but they all got crossed the list at one point or another.

This kinda sounds like Jacob might have power over the island now but later in the game he might lose it?

In the show did Jacob start out with power over the island?

Yes, he did. Although technically he never really lost it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 08, 2015, 09:51:52 pm »

He admitted he was scum.

I'm not convinced he wasn't just trolling.
This.

If we have to eliminate someone to streamline the game, I think this was a good choice. I don't really find his post townie either. Sure, he's probably really ticked off at being lynched either way--but his WIFOM thing is anti-town. At the very least, he's not playing to his wincon, at worst, scum. If he was town and really cared about his wincon, he wouldn't do this. Barring some super secret thing that I don't know about--maybe he has a twilight power or something. Or he knows he won't actually die.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:13 pm »

If he doesn't actually die then we lynch him again.  Kind of like what happened to me in Guilds.  I quickhammered, everyone thought I was scummy for it (I just did it because I thought it would be fun (and I had a plan to try to trick the cop into investigating me and getting a town result)) and then I got lynched.  Didn't die, made all sorts of last-ditch crazy claims, then got lynched again.

Long story short.  If someone doesn't die, we should keep lynching them until they die.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 08, 2015, 10:00:06 pm »

I can't believe that actually worked. I joined the wagon thinking it wouldn't go anywhere because people don't like lynching early. Yay for non-derphammers!

That was a derphammer, and the entire faction I'm aligned with is on my wagon.  I'm phone posting so I can't access the neighborhood because my phone hates Qt.  I wasn't joking about scum motivated push.  The lack of counterwagon, the speed.  That's a classic scum push.
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 08, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »

Stuff like what?

Your standards of "personal insult" are too high.  "Lazy" was not even an insult considering it was a direct reference to someone's play.  If you can't handle a player being called "lazy" in that context then I weep for you.
This user is banned!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 08, 2015, 10:15:19 pm »

That was a derphammer, and the entire faction I'm aligned with is on my wagon.  I'm phone posting so I can't access the neighborhood because my phone hates Qt.  I wasn't joking about scum motivated push.  The lack of counterwagon, the speed.  That's a classic scum push.

Parsing this...

--you think the hammer came from town ("that was a derphammer")
--you think your lynch was pushed by scum (thereby saying you are town, I think)
--so there are zero town players off-wagon ("...the entire faction I'm aligned with is on my wagon")

Is that about right?

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 08, 2015, 10:16:16 pm »

If he doesn't actually die then we lynch him again.  Kind of like what happened to me in Guilds.  I quickhammered, everyone thought I was scummy for it (I just did it because I thought it would be fun (and I had a plan to try to trick the cop into investigating me and getting a town result)) and then I got lynched.  Didn't die, made all sorts of last-ditch crazy claims, then got lynched again.

Long story short.  If someone doesn't die, we should keep lynching them until they die.
Considering my extreme distaste for bussing I will say that xxtip's vote was definitely the worst on that scum motivated wagon.
This user is banned!

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 08, 2015, 10:29:26 pm »

Parsing this...

--you think the hammer came from town ("that was a derphammer")
--you think your lynch was pushed by scum (thereby saying you are town, I think)
--so there are zero town players off-wagon ("...the entire faction I'm aligned with is on my wagon")

Is that about right?
1) Derphammers in my context can come from scum or town.
2) No I'm definitely scum and I think it's multiball.
3) I wouldn't be surprised if all the scum in the game are on my wagon.  I know faction can be found there.

Robzz is a much more palatable player than TA.  Just because I'm scum doesn't mean I wasn't scum hunting.  Totally serious about TA scum claiming.  Robz would have handled things much better.
This user is banned!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 08, 2015, 10:32:40 pm »

Robzz is a much more palatable player than TA.
I don't think statements like this are helpful or objectively true.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 08, 2015, 10:41:36 pm »

Robzz is a much more palatable player than TA.
I don't think statements like this are helpful or objectively true.
I take umbrage with someone who complains about neighborhood revelation when they never brought it up over a 2 1/2 day span.  But I've gone over that already.
This user is banned!

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 08, 2015, 10:44:32 pm »

You didn't talk about it, therefore you shouldn't reveal it. If you wanted to reveal, you should have brought it up in the QT. The person making a big decision has the responsibility to ask first, especially since it appears to have daychat. Not revealing is the default.

reinoe

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 08, 2015, 10:47:48 pm »

You didn't talk about it, therefore you shouldn't reveal it. If you wanted to reveal, you should have brought it up in the QT. The person making a big decision has the responsibility to ask first, especially since it appears to have daychat. Not revealing is the default.
I'm not budging on my opinion.  You're wrong in light of scum killing the other person and then fake-claiming.
This user is banned!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 08, 2015, 10:52:01 pm »

I'm not budging on my opinion.  You're wrong in light of scum killing the other person and then fake-claiming.

So, like if you/Robz were town/scum and neighbors...you guys don't claim, Robz and his team NK you on N1...on D2 Robz and a scumpartner fakeclaim neighbors along with the dead you?

Not sure what scum gains, although it's a neat idea.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.