Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140711 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 8)
« Reply #950 on: November 29, 2014, 03:11:19 pm »

i don't knooow...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 29, 2014, 03:11:49 pm »

anyway sudgy (request prod on sudgy btw) how is the plan?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 29, 2014, 03:18:26 pm »

Another problem with shooting e is, the penalty in case of choosing the wrong target is higher. town!e would shoot me over hydrad, but town!hydrad might be reasonable and shoot e rather than me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 29, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »

Hmm well sudgy I'm ok with you shooting pretty quick. This game has dragged on for a while.

Although I think it might be SS who is trying to set me up for a misshot? scum knows that they have to make me less of an IC so it almost feels like SS is making his move right now.

But I dunno e still might be a good shot. My biggest worry is if SS is town then he actually might shoot me..

So I think I might be like 60% sure SS is scum right now but if e is shot I feel like hes most likely going to shoot SS anyways so that gives us a garenteed victory.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 29, 2014, 05:28:57 pm »

Although I think it might be SS who is trying to set me up for a misshot? scum knows that they have to make me less of an IC so it almost feels like SS is making his move right now.

that doesn't really make sense, because I was the one who made you a semi IC in the first place (although this term is totally inappropriate here). why would I do that? IC's in this setup are huge.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 29, 2014, 05:29:37 pm »

who will you shoot if you get the gun, hydrad?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 29, 2014, 05:31:53 pm »

I feel like I shouldn't answer that because If i say whoever is town then scum might push towards shooting me. But if I say scum then they will try to shoot the other person.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 29, 2014, 05:33:51 pm »

I feel like I shouldn't answer that because If i say whoever is town then scum might push towards shooting me. But if I say scum then they will try to shoot the other person.

awesome, so you can tell from their reactions who is scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 29, 2014, 05:35:52 pm »

I really want you to be town, you know? because then my read is correct. And I am > 50% confident. But still...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 29, 2014, 05:43:40 pm »

but maybe e isn't even going to shoot me if he gets the gun. This is not how I play as scum. I don't just sit through until the end and hope to convince people. If I am scum, I am super active and try to do my best. There is WIFOM, but WIFOM is just that, WIFOM. I want more than WIFOM as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 29, 2014, 05:51:28 pm »

basically, if between us 3 A announces that he is going to shoot B upon getting the gun, C wants to kill A, because that wins him the game as either alignment. Likewise, if A says he wants to shoot C, C wants to shoot B rather than C. So, if e wants to shoot me over Hydrad, that's a reason for to push Hydrad rather than him. A pretty paradox scenario indeed. It's all weakened by the fact that we're not actually voting though. If this was democratic, then we'd have some really mindtwirling scenarios.

It's basically OMGUSIAMVY the opposite of OMGUS. OH MY GOD YOU SUCK I AM NOT VOTING FOR YOU.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 29, 2014, 05:53:40 pm »

In case that was too complicated, the point is that, if someone thinks you're scum, you want to protect that person. You want to protect the people that find you scummy.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 29, 2014, 05:54:05 pm »

Or, you know, you could just shoot randomly...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 29, 2014, 05:54:41 pm »

randomly between e and Hydrad of course. don't include me.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 29, 2014, 07:05:09 pm »

I am probably going to shoot e.  Everybody in the game still, please say who you think is town/mafia and why.  Once everybody has, I'll shoot.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 29, 2014, 07:13:19 pm »

reads.

sudgy = town
Hydrad = town

e = 40% scum in my eyes. the fact that he was almost lynched day 1 makes me think scum tried to lynch him and It didn't feel like eevee/xp/egork tried very hard to stop that lynch

SS-60% scum. feels towny but through a bit of POE i'm thinking hes the last scum

(note this stat list has been dome from memory as I'm at work so I can't double check to see how scum reacted that well to e. But from memory I think thats correct)

who I would shoot? probably e as the fact that SS is starting to suspect me worries me but am fine with either.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 29, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »

I think Hydrad is probably town, because I tried to analyze his playstyle specifically, and had a strong town read based on that and his actions this game. The fact that he was never chosen as the notebearer weakens this confidence, but it's not enough to swing it around. And I think e is scum because he's the only remaining option if Hydrad is in fact town.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 29, 2014, 08:00:13 pm »

hey, rereading now will post before the night is over with my reads.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 29, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »

Actually, might not get this done until tomorrow.  I am at home (like family home not where I live) and we are about to play Dominion IRL, so I am pressing pause on the reread.

If you want the short reads, I think silverspawn is scum, Hydrad is town.  I am rereading silverspawn and am in D2 right now, but everything I have found so far is just confirming it to me.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 29, 2014, 10:17:31 pm »

Eh, you know what?  Shoot: 2.71828......  I like it more than the others.  e, if you're town, finish up that reread and shoot.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 29, 2014, 10:20:37 pm »

yes rapid fire mode activated!

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 29, 2014, 10:23:12 pm »

Ryuk the Death God was tired. Sitting alone in the apartment, he contemplated all that had happened since the fateful day that Light Yagami had found his Death Note. Yet now, Light was dead—and so were all his accomplices. It seemed to Ryuk that the time had come for him to return to the Realm of the Death Gods. Unfortunately, that was not possible so long as his Death Note was still in the hands of a living human. He roused himself, spreading his black wings and taking a final bite from his apple.

Providentially, Kyosuke Higuchi had just entered the office building where the Yotsuba group was to meet. He was smart enough to know that he shouldn’t give away his possession of the Death Note. As such, no one at the meeting would know which person possessed the Note. Instead, they would discuss who they would kill—and he would then carry out their will anonymously.

Unfortunately for Higuchi, Rester was smarter than he had anticipated. The real Note was still in Rester’s car, hidden beneath one of the floor mats. Higuchi would not find out this truth until the organization had already wagered that their assassination would succeed. That miscalculation would cripple them beyond repair.

Ryuk flew through the night, enjoying the last few minutes of his time in the mortal world. Landing near Rester’s car, he retrieved the Death Note and concealed it in his shirt. Then, he rose into the night sky, flying higher and higher until he reached the spiritual portal that lead back to the Realm of the Death Gods. He anticipated that the King of the Death Gods would not be happy with him, but that was of little consequence. For now, he had meddled enough in human affairs. It was time to go home.

And with that, the last Death Note on earth—along with its keeper, returned to their proper place.

2.71828..... has been killed!

TOWN WINS!!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:32:17 am by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:12 pm »

yayyyyy we did it

nice sudgy

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 29, 2014, 10:26:34 pm »

man that was a long game.

month and a half for 20 pages :P.

was an interesting gamemode and I'm glad we tried it.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)
« Reply #974 on: November 29, 2014, 10:36:21 pm »

Is 8 days a record?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.