Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 142915 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: October 29, 2014, 01:46:16 pm »

Misplayed, how?
  • I already answered this
  • We both agreed on not discussing this any further
  • I already answered this
  • why are you asking this?

Okay, you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong, and you're clearly wrong.  Provide a better explanation or stop maintaining a wrong position.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 29, 2014, 01:47:37 pm »

uhu.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 29, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »

man, you need some crazy skills to be wrong with a question.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2014, 04:17:51 pm »

WW, I absolutely loved that you had that gif ready to go. 

On a more serious note, we are still doing fine as town.  I agree with WW's last D2 post that Teproc seems pretty townie, and would probably have to do something pretty crazy to flip him to scum in my mind.

Also, I don't really like silverspawn's reaction to the lynch.  Basically blaming WW for not defending himself.  I mean, if you were confident that WW was town, why didn't you defend him more?  It is also a counterproductive discussion that doesn't really look for more scum.

On a different note: WW, are you going to set an early deadline, play until you feel comfortable with a shot, or go the whole 10 days?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2014, 04:21:05 pm »

you are pulling three things out of context, even though each one of them was perfectly okay in its context.

I find this statement absolutely ridiculous.  silverspawn pulls more stuff out of context than anyone else I know that plays mafia on this forum.  And by that I mean "quotes without giving the hyperlink."  It is too easy to quote with the hyperlink for anyone to quote without it.  Maybe that is just a pet peeve of mine, but quoting without a link is bad.  (IMHO)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2014, 05:17:28 pm »

I'm not going to set a deadline.  We should all be voting as if it were normal Mafia. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 29, 2014, 05:21:06 pm »

]I mean, if you were confident that WW was town, why didn't you defend him more?
I wasn't confident that he was town. How did you get this idea? I said he should have defended himself more, that is completely independent from my reads on him. I thought he was pretty scummy (which I have said before).

]And by that I mean "quotes without giving the hyperlink."
This is a very unlclean way of arguing that I'm surprised to see from you. There are arguments to be made for why I should include the hyperlink, and it's okay that you would ask me to do that. But pretending like that's the same thing as falsifying the meaning of a message by pulling it out of context is pretty... uh... stupid? I mean, it's not even related. Including the hyperlink and altering the intention behind a quote are two different things. Unrelated. You can pull something completely out of context and provide the hyperlink, and you can take a line that works perfectly on its own and don't change the intended message in any way and don't provide the hyperlink. Again, unrelated things. One is about formal convenience, and the other one about content. Unrelated. I hope I said it enough times now, as people tend to ignore points which I don't empathize enough. So, please don't pretend like one is the other.

As for this specific case, I think it's very clear that he was altering my intention with the quotes, and I wasn't, so I have no idea why you would call this statement ridiculous. Let's take a closer look at the things he quoted.

"WW may be scum, but if not it's okay because he would be the Notebearer.  I mean that point is kind of overstated, but I'm going to state it again here for..... uh, reasons."
"Oh well, WW was town.  That's not terrible.  But you should have defended yourself"
"ADK is dead.  That's bad.  You should have defended yourself"

It is easily apparent that removing the context here gives a false impression of what the quotes really mean. The last quote is presented as if it contradicts with the second one. But it doesn't, because the second one was directed to the current game situation, and the last one was in comparison to the situation that we'd have now hadn't ADK shot WW. So, these were pulled out of context, and they changed their apparent meaning by being pulled out of context. Which is what I was saying. So, what I was saying was clearly justified.

Now let's look at my post. I was just requoting the exact 3 messages you see above, and explained for every one of them why they did in fact make sense in the situation where they happened. I basically provided the context he left out for each one of them.

Long story short: he was pulling stuff out of context, I wasn't. Which is what I said.

Of course, you could make an argument that I did pull stuff out of context before (i.e. earlier in this game or another), and that this is the reason why I am not allowed to criticize WW if he does the same thing. But, if that's what you wanted to say, then provide some examples. You can't just say: "don't criticize WW for that, you're worse," without giving any sort of explanation for why I am worse. The hyperlink thing, as I hope I made clear by now, is not an example, because it is unrelated.

I'm really surprised that anyone is taking WW's side here, because he is clearly in the wrong. The only reason I even answered to a case like that is because he is an IC. If anyone else had made the same case, I'd have ignored it entirely.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 29, 2014, 05:23:56 pm »

You've never answered what I was supposed to be defending myself from.  There wasn't anything. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 29, 2014, 08:08:57 pm »

So when I wanted to lynch WW no one was into it but once I change my mind everyone's fine with it ?

In any case, I'm checkin mostly to say that my V/LA is proving more extensive than expected. I am reading along though, and my snap judgement on D3 so far is that silver is scummy.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 30, 2014, 01:50:44 am »

I don't see why people are saying silver is scummy for today.  He legitimately didn't like Witherweaver's defense.  They got into a somewhat-ridiculous argument about it, and that's that.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:58 am »

You've never answered what I was supposed to be defending myself from.  There wasn't anything.
yes sir IC sir I'll go into more detail about the question which is inherently distracting and scummy to answer.

"what you were supposed to be defending yourself from" is the same as "what you were accused of" which is what kind of case there was against you. you're not the first one who pretends like there wasn't really a case against him. Is this a thing people do? Anyway, there was a case against you. If someone gets lynched, there is usually a case against him. Like, based on my 5 game experience. Even e agrees:

For WW it is mostly his jokey posts and generally carefree attitude that I have noticed this game that seems to be different than other games.  This is either the freedom of being town in a game that even if you are lynched you still live and get to do the most fun thing in the game (shoot people) or scum from a fresh perspective that we really haven't seen from WW before.

In short, you play different. Which is a big deal. Also the self-vote, you shrug it off as a minority, but for some people self-vote it is clearly not, and ADK seems to be one of them based on his reaction.

But even if you think the case is ridiculous and stupid, that's not a reason not to defend yourself. You are supposed to fight your lynch. If not writing an elaborate defense was your method of defending, which is fine I guess as writing long defenses can get people in trouble, then you could say that. But you aren't. You're just like, "town doesn't need to defend themselves," or "there was nothing wrong with my play." You don't even have a consistent opinion here. I don't really know what you're doing, but I hope you have a plan.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 30, 2014, 07:02:25 am »

This discussion is going nowhere and has no purpose. Which is part of why silver is scummy today, good way to be active without saying anything relevant.

In general I think the WW wagon is scummy.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:53 am »

This discussion is going nowhere and has no purpose. Which is part of why silver is scummy today, good way to be active without saying anything relevant.

Was there any wagon of importance?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 30, 2014, 08:43:44 am »

I'm on silverspawn's side as far as ww goes. He really should have defended himself more. Still, the way he's acting in general feels not quite right.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 30, 2014, 09:41:37 am »

yes sir IC sir I'll go into more detail about the question which is inherently distracting and scummy to answer.

"what you were supposed to be defending yourself from" is the same as "what you were accused of" which is what kind of case there was against you. you're not the first one who pretends like there wasn't really a case against him. Is this a thing people do? Anyway, there was a case against you. If someone gets lynched, there is usually a case against him. Like, based on my 5 game experience. Even e agrees:

For WW it is mostly his jokey posts and generally carefree attitude that I have noticed this game that seems to be different than other games.  This is either the freedom of being town in a game that even if you are lynched you still live and get to do the most fun thing in the game (shoot people) or scum from a fresh perspective that we really haven't seen from WW before.

In short, you play different. Which is a big deal. Also the self-vote, you shrug it off as a minority, but for some people self-vote it is clearly not, and ADK seems to be one of them based on his reaction.

But even if you think the case is ridiculous and stupid, that's not a reason not to defend yourself. You are supposed to fight your lynch. If not writing an elaborate defense was your method of defending, which is fine I guess as writing long defenses can get people in trouble, then you could say that. But you aren't. You're just like, "town doesn't need to defend themselves," or "there was nothing wrong with my play." You don't even have a consistent opinion here. I don't really know what you're doing, but I hope you have a plan.

Sorry, Silvertroll, on not realize I was supposed to defend myself from e's statement that I could either be scum or town, but with no indication of either.  I see how that is a gruesome attack and I rendered myself helpless with at a lack of proper defense.

I will no include in every message I write a proper statement indicating how I'm not scum to ward off any attacks, whether they be existent or nonexistent. 

I'm not scum here because the mod announced I was Town.

Is that satisfactory to you within your infinite wisdom of Mafia?  Please enlighten the cretins among us.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: October 30, 2014, 09:43:11 am »

Was there any wagon of importance?

There wasn't a wagon, that's the point.  There were no votes on me save ADK.  Hence vig instead of lynch.  But, hey, who's looking at facts here.

Teproc, however, was probably just being imprecise.  What there was were people that were saying they'd be okay with me getting shot without voting.  That would be interesting to look at.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 30, 2014, 12:45:56 pm »

I think this argument is slightly pointless! if we go back to the game I still find XP the scummiest and think you should shoot him.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »

What's the case on me? You seems to just repeating over and over that you want to shoot me.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 30, 2014, 01:12:29 pm »

What's the case on me? You seems to just repeating over and over that you want to shoot me.

your voting switches and people you were on look scummy to me is the big part. you were on the eevee wagon and then jumped off it to someone else. Something that scum might of tried to do to save eevee. Thats a big part of it for me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 30, 2014, 06:38:20 pm »

Also I guess I'm still up for a sudgy lynch but much rather XP right now. Sudgies wagon scared me near the end where no one was fighting the wagon at all really. The biggest one fighting it was probably ADK. I'm guessing there is no way scum would let their scum buddy go down without a fight.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 30, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »

Why is everyone using this as a defense?  The case against you is your especially scummy D1 voting record.  To review that record, please reference my post here.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 31, 2014, 12:28:31 pm »

This game is getting silly. Consider my town read on e gone. Where is my reads list?

ah here

sudgy > EgorK > Witherweaver > XP > Teproc > Axxle2 > e > Hydrad > me

sudgy is still lurking. what gives? let us shoot him. you can also shoot e. WW would also be a good target, if he wasn't holding the gun.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 31, 2014, 12:29:39 pm »

Let me update it

sudgy > EgorK > XP > e > Axxle2 > Teproc > Hydrad > me

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 31, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »

Though I appreciate sudgy being the only one who isn't ridiculous about my case. Unfortunately, appreciation isn't proportional to towniness.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 31, 2014, 12:37:27 pm »

I don't agree with your case, I'm just saying it's not ridiculous.  The argument you guys got in was a bit though...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41  All

Page created in 1.805 seconds with 21 queries.